watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

A lot has been said today

Started by JoelH5, May 06, 2018, 08:58:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JoelH5

A lot has been said today both possitively and very negatively about the team. I for one deleted more than a few replies to people today which I gave better thought to.

Emontions are understandably running high but at the end of the day;

1. On our day, we are the best team in the league
2. The other teams wouldn't have wanted to play Fulham
3. We've got the experience of the playoffs now which we didn't have last year.

Let's brush ourselves down, give everyone a bit of slack, get whatever you need too out of your system then get right behind the team. We need to help pick the team up after today. Sing loud both Home and away. It's time for us to do our part.
I was there, standing in the Putney end

ffcthereligion

Great post. Time to calm down and face up to the task ahead of us. COYW

HV71

Quote from: JoelH5 on May 06, 2018, 08:58:29 PM
A lot has been said today both possitively and very negatively about the team. I for one deleted more than a few replies to people today which I gave better thought to.

Emontions are understandably running high but at the end of the day;

1. On our day, we are the best team in the league
2. The other teams wouldn't have wanted to play Fulham
3. We've got the experience of the playoffs now which we didn't have last year.

Let's brush ourselves down, give everyone a bit of slack, get whatever you need too out of your system then get right behind the team. We need to help pick the team up after today. Sing loud both Home and away. It's time for us to do our part.

Totally agree - top post

SuffolkWhite

It's been a good season and we are where we are.We need to back the team now. Go up or not we will be watching again next season.
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

JHS66

From a personal perspective I've enjoyed the day. Yes, the result was very disappointing and the performance was poor but the atmosphere and our travelling support was brilliant.
The play offs are obviously a lottery. All four teams have reasons for optimism and concern in equal measure but whatever happens it has been a fantastic season and I for one am looking forward to the next one, whichever league we are in.

Woolly Mammoth

I agree with all sentiments, but now we are in the play offs, the team has to show up as one.
It's all about good habits, the same habits that got us into third place.
If we want to claim we are the best team left, then the players have to prove it on the pitch starting Friday, and Jok better be right behind them all week reminding them that there will be no passengers from now on.
Then he has to do his job, and pick the best starting eleven available, and that does not include pussycats or the mentally weak.
NOT ONE STEP BACK FULHAM. !!
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

love4ffc

My frustration and anger have subsided.  We are still in this and I still think we are the ones to beat.  Up Up and away.  It's the only direction for us  :62:
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

Milo

We were flat today.. especially in that first half we rode our luck and, unlike V Millwall, we were punished for it on the break.

To lose so convincingly after a run of 24 games has to be a sign of nerves. However the loose cross field balls for me are the sign of fatigue. Therefore it was multi faceted. I think our game is so dependent on technical skill that fatigue can be detrimental to the accuracy of passes, movement etc. Perhaps more so than we first thought.

We have to address the big issue today and against Millwall and that is/was starting slowly. I wonder if AK starting with his hustle and bustle will force teams on the back foot earlier on and give our midfielders the time to adjust to the pace of the game.

Woolly Mammoth

I cannot buy this fatigue theory, as we let the ball do the work with short ten yard balls to feet, pass the way your facing. Unlike the long ball merchants who chase and turn and chase and turn again, running the channels.
So we should be as fresh as the next team.
If we are not, then we need to have a close look at their fitness program and their conditioning regime.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Twig

Quote from: Statto on May 06, 2018, 09:58:23 PM
I will give you a 3-item list of my own, which is (realistically) the only 3 possible explanations for today's performance:

1. Fatigue
2. Nervousness
3. Players just not giving a toss because they're leaving in the summer

The fact is going 23 games undefeated counts for NOTHING except it put us in a position where, for 4 games starting today, we can get promoted if we play well. And today in the first of those games we played poorly and Whichever of the above is the best explanation, it's not a problem that's going to have been resolved by next weekend.

Had we played well today and not gone up because Cardiff won or because we were unlucky, I could be optimistic but at the moment all the evidence suggests to me this will end badly.

Personally I think what the players need, is a massive kick up the arse, and remindingbthat going up this year was the expectation, not some surprising bonus.

I'll give you number 4. injuries.  Bot our full backs, Targett and Fred, were obviously carrying knocks and as the game develped it was clear that neither were making runs or taking on their marker, they persisted in just knocking the ball square.  As a result we had little impact out wide, slowed down out attacks, got too few crosses in and Mitro was starved. It was a disaster.  On reflection I think SJ got his selection wrong. Assuming he was aware that both players were carrying injuries then, in my view, he took a huge gamble starting both of them and it didn't pay off.  We were slow, lacked penetration and made it easy for Birmingham to get men behind the ball.  We ended up playing across them far too often in a crowded midfield.

That's my opinion after reflection time.

Twig

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on May 06, 2018, 10:45:54 PM
I cannot buy this fatigue theory, as we let the ball do the work with short ten yard balls to feet, pass the way your facing. Unlike the long ball merchants who chase and turn and chase and turn again, running the channels.
So we should be as fresh as the next team.
If we are not, then we need to have a close look at their fitness program and their condition regime.

Agreed. Plus we had a full nine days recovery time.  No way should they be fatigued. and certainly no more than any other team in this division.

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

I agree, the play-offs can be a lottery but you have to buy tickets to be in it
and we have bought 24 tickets and deserve to be their.

VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

davew

I will give you a 3-item list of my own, which is (realistically) the only 3 possible explanations for today's performance:

1. Fatigue
2. Nervousness

The fact is going 23 games undefeated counts for NOTHING except it put us in a position where, for 4 games starting today, we can get promoted if we play well. And today in the first of those games we played poorly and Whichever of the above is the best explanation, it's not a problem that's going to have been resolved by next weekend.

Had we played well today and not gone up because Cardiff won or because we were unlucky, I could be optimistic but at the moment all the evidence suggests to me this will end badly.

Personally I think what the players need, is a massive kick up the arse, and remindingbthat going up this year was the expectation, not some surprising bonus.
I think point 3 of yours might be the cause of today's inept performance, TC laying down the foundations, "I am a celebrity get me out of here", most of our players today seemed to agree.
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

RaySmith

So the best way to attract a big money move is to not give your all in your team's most importance game of the season?

Who would want such a player?

terryr

The positive I take today is that the season isn't yet over. 2 more playoff games and a final at Wembley means May will be a great month!

Twig

Quote from: davew on May 07, 2018, 12:35:15 AM

1. Fatigue
2. Nervousness

I think point 3 of yours might be the cause of today's inept performance, TC laying down the foundations, "I am a celebrity get me out of here", most of our players today seemed to agree.

You seriously think the players didn't give a toss? Words fail me if that is what our supporters think after one defeat in 24.

SuffolkWhite

I think it was nerves, plain and simple nerves.

Got to pick the players who have the mind set to take a penalty, it's like playing the youngsters, they know no fear. Joka has to work out who those players are in the squad who can cope!

Think back to the Play Offs last season, I felt then that we were more nervous than Reading, but we shouldn't be as this team are capable of beating anyone.

COYW
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

FulhamStu

Fear of failure.  When Slav talks about needing to be brave he means be positive, make things happen, be confident.

We have technically very gifted players but lack warriors.  Friday will show us what we have and what we lack in this respect.  Premier players have the right attitude and temperament, we will see who are Premier League players over the next 2 or 3 games.

grandad

I am still angry about our performance. The players must have known that Cardiff were still 0-0 at half time & also at 60 minutes. Why did they not bust a gut to change the game around. It was there for the taking.
I don´t buy the fatigue excuse. They had 9 days to recharge. From the fitness side, if Targett & Fredericks were not fully fit I would not have started them. Slavisa had the option to play Sess at LB & Christie at RB. Norwood could have replaced Johansen & AK47 shoulh have started over Piazon.
On Friday I will be 100% behind the team but they have all to stand up & be counted if they have any real desire for us to be promoted. We won´t have a chance to do it for years if they don´t step up.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Riversider

Why now and why throughout our entire history should we be suffering from nerves ? Why do lesser teams like Wigan and Millwall handle them so well (how many Wembley appearances have they had between them ?) And yet we handle them so badly ?
We've played 6 play off games in the past and I've been to 5 of them and quite frankly we've choked in all of them what evidence is there that we won't again  ?
We've had 3 must win games recently , QPR, Brentford and Birmingham and we couldn't do it, Derby to me looks a much tougher prospect than those 3,
Over to you Slavisa , prove to us that you are the man to take us forward !
Let me leave you with this thought, I got asked by a Fulham supporter at work last night , "Do you think Neil Warnock would have got this squad promoted ? "
Interesting question,  what do you think ?