watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Penalties?

Started by Sgt Fulham, May 12, 2018, 08:36:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sgt Fulham

Tried to find this elsewhere but does anyone know how many penalties we've been awarded and how many we've given away? I remember a lot last year but I cannot remember too many this year which suggests a change in the way we attack the box. I also can't remember conceding a penalty this season. Surely that's incorrect?

Milo

Thought you were asking who would take our penalties...!

Mitro, Cairney, StefJo, then probably whoever is on the wings at full time. Unless Ream steps up?

Denver Fulham

Quote from: Sgt Fulham on May 12, 2018, 08:36:13 PM
Tried to find this elsewhere but does anyone know how many penalties we've been awarded and how many we've given away? I remember a lot last year but I cannot remember too many this year which suggests a change in the way we attack the box. I also can't remember conceding a penalty this season. Surely that's incorrect?

We only had five penalties in the league this season, and converted four of them. Fonte missed against QPR. Ollie was 3 for 3. Kamara potted his vs Hull.

https://www.transfermarkt.com/fc-fulham/elfmeterschuetzen/verein/931

I believe we only conceded one goal via penalty this season: the phantom one at Burton Albion? I know Birmingham City missed one at the Cottage. I don't recall any others, but maybe people can chime in.

filham

Yes, we have to consider the possibility of a penalty shoot out tomorrow night and I hope we have planned and practiced for the event.
In particular Norwood and Kamara should be on the field at the end of extra time.

Penalty takers then could be:-

Metrovic
Norwood
Kamara
Cairney
Johansen

EastEndWhite

Quote from: Statto on May 13, 2018, 12:07:26 PM
Wouldn't really trust Cairney (seems to be thinking of West Ham, potentially a bottler as well), Johansen (hot headed)  or Fredericks (hot headed, thinking of Watford) in that situation

Pick 5 from the remaining team, preferably at least 4 who are right-footed because you can't rely on left-footed penalty takers either

So for me

Mitrovic
McDonald

2 from Ayite, Piazon or Norwood (depending who's on the pitch)

Sessegnon to take the 5th (100% faith in him, even despite being left-footed)

Do you really believe this or are you just trying to get people wound up?

1500.gif

EastEndWhite

Quote from: Statto on May 13, 2018, 12:17:38 PM
Quote from: EastEndWhite on May 13, 2018, 12:14:20 PM
Wouldn't really trust Cairney (seems to be thinking of West Ham, potentially a bottler as well), Johansen (hot headed)  or Fredericks (hot headed, thinking of Watford) in that situation

Pick 5 from the remaining team, preferably at least 4 who are right-footed because you can't rely on left-footed penalty takers either

So for me

Mitrovic
McDonald

Do you really believe this or are you just trying to get people wound up?

1500.gif

It is hardly a radical view. Presumably you haven't been to many games or read many threads on this forum in the last 2 yrs. Are you Keith Allen?

Cairney or Johansen to step up before Ayite.  By the way what has Keith Allen (I know he's an actor) to do with anything or the number of games I've been to for that matter?

terryr

Good lord... I forgot about the possibility of the playoffs being decided by playoffs!
I think I'm going to have to lie down now.....

fluffyninja

Look at the situation compared to last year and I'd say we've progressed , this time last year before the Reading away play off game there was a thread when someone realised we'd missed loads and didn't really have confidence in anyone to stick one away , now at least we have 3 or 4 certainties to take one.

Riversider

Quote from: filham on May 13, 2018, 10:42:42 AM
Yes, we have to consider the possibility of a penalty shoot out tomorrow night and I hope we have planned and practiced for the event.
In particular Norwood and Kamara should be on the field at the end of extra time.

Metrovic
Norwood
Kamara
Cairney
Johansen

Replace Cairney with KMac and you've got it spot on.

filham

Quote from: Riversider on May 13, 2018, 09:10:34 PM
Quote from: filham on May 13, 2018, 10:42:42 AM

Metrovic
Norwood
Kamara
Cairney
Johansen

Replace Cairney with KMac and you've got it spot on.
Yes , so right it was wrong of me to leave K Mac out, he can hit  ball with some power.
Afraid I am always dreaming of that lovely left foot of Cairny's but it often leads to nowhere but dreamland.

Twig

So for me

Mitrovic
McDonald

Sorry Statto I often support your posts but that was tosh.  As was your  response to East End White.

The Enclosurite

¡COYW!

alfie

So for me

Mitrovic
McDonald

Sometimes Statto I wonder about you, how the hell do you know what Cairney or Fredericks are thinking about, surely they would want to put on a show not failure
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Woolly Mammoth

Cairney and Fredericks and the rest of the lads will be banging their heads up against the Dressing room  wall all day, Jok has been feeding them raw meet all weekend.
They got rid of any nerves in the first match.
Tonight they know what they have to do, score at least two goals.
Whereas Derby are not quite sure what they need to do, is it stick, twist or bust. Is it rock, paper or scissors.
Is it see no evil, speak no evil, hear no evil.
Their priority is to defend what they have, and try and hit us on the break.
We have no worries like that of any kind, we just have to Attack Attack Attack.
Tora Tora Tora.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.