News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Can we keep Slav if we don't make it tomorrow?

Started by Benny, May 13, 2018, 07:08:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Benny

IMO he would be the most important person to secure for next season

filham

That is a question that does not need an answer while we are still in the play offs.

..FOF..

When he became our coach, it was mutually understood that it is for the long term. A decade at least from what I read.

Plus, after the Kline's saga, Khan owes him at least 1 full season without major interference to what is described in his job scope.

choice_of_ends

If he could manage Chelsea, he'll probably move on, even when we make it in Wembley. But no worries, that's football.

Robbie

I actually think he might stay. I think we will sell Sess and use the funds to build a more resilient squad. MacDonald will be key to that, along with Slav.

Luka

So Slav has now had two goes at getting the so called "best footballing" side promoted from this league. Should we fail tomorrow or at Wembley then his stock value could drop below when he joined us. If we stumble again he just might  leave us. Another (3rd) failure then becomes a series of failures that says he can't hack it at the top level in England. Will he risk having that on his CV by staying another season!

Twig

Quote from: Luka on May 13, 2018, 09:37:10 PM
So Slav has now had two goes at getting the so called "best footballing" side promoted from this league. Should we fail tomorrow or at Wembley then his stock value could drop below when he joined us. If we stumble again he just might  leave us. Another (3rd) failure then becomes a series of failures that says he can't hack it at the top level in England. Will he risk having that on his CV by staying another season!

Err he's already "hacked it" in England getting Watford promoted.  I certainly didn't regard last season as a failure.  I would be more disappointed for this season overall but that was due entirely to a shambolic start to the season most of which was not in SJ's control.

HV71

If we want to keep our identity , our style and the ability to learn,  and build on our current  position - we have to keep him. Individual players are just that - but Slav is the conductor of those players  - without him there can be little continuity or harmony .

Slav is our future

In Slav I trust !!

hovewhite

I believe now Kline has left the club he will stay irrespective of the level we are performing as I think he loves our club.

aster

To be honest, I did not expect a lot from him while he was a young coach in Serbia. He had the charisma of a wet sock, and he did not seem like he could motivate his players or turn the game around when things went downhill. And winning titles with Partizan in those years was easy, effortless. He has become more tactically apt with Fulham, but I suspect that his inability to motivate players is still there. Hopefully, he will prove me wrong.

Riverside

Really 2 questions

1) would the club want to keep him
ANS - Yes . The fans love him and the football has been entertaining and we have had 2 v good seasons .

2) would he stay
ANS - Yes . IF there is no Kline or Kline replacement and he gets to chose the incoming players
( esp if we sell Sess and Cairney and have cash )

The Enclosurite

Slav is without doubt the most important link to success at this club.  Players can be replaced but it will be a while before we find another manager like him.

There's a whole lot riding on tonight!!   049:gif COYW  049:gif
¡COYW!

Woolly Mammoth

Joks pluses outweigh his minuses by a considerable amount. He has started a job I am sure he would like to finish like most Managers would like.
The arch irritant and nuisance Kline has been sent packing not a second too soon.
Let's hope the stats team realise that footballers are not robotic, and allow Jok and his coaches to build a team they want.
Continuing his football philosophy is key to any success we may have in the future as well as the present.
There are question marks regarding his motivation strengths.
As already been mentioned he does appear to have the Charisma of a wet sock. Nevertheless, I would love to be a fly on the wall to see what he does offer, and get inside his head, as he clearly has something about him.
If he cannot motivate the team for tonight's  match, he never will.
But then again the players should do that themselves.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

hovewhite

if players can't motivate themselves for a game of this impotence there something wrong with them.

Luka

Quote from: Twig on May 13, 2018, 09:47:01 PM
Quote from: Luka on May 13, 2018, 09:37:10 PM

Err he's already "hacked it" in England getting Watford promoted.  I certainly didn't regard last season as a failure.  I would be more disappointed for this season overall but that was due entirely to a shambolic start to the season most of which was not in SJ's control.
He took Watford to the PL, but didn't manage them in it.
In fact the Watford owners clearly didn't think he could and engineered his resignation. He has never managed in the top tier and so far hasn't been able to get Fulham into it!
If he goes I suspect he will leave the UK and go to Europe.