watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Rui Fonte gains us promotion

Started by ChesterTheTabby, May 15, 2018, 04:03:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChesterTheTabby

Had a dream last night that in the 88th minute, facing the East Block of Wembley, that substitute Rui Fonte scores from a diving header from a Matty Targett cross. Fulham win 1-0 over Boro/Villa. He throws his shirt into the crowd, and celebrates like he's never celebrated before. At the end of the match, when the final whistle is blown at 90 + 2, every Fulham supporter chants Rui, Rui, Rui, Rui! in honor of our dark horse striker. I woke up misty eyed. I am personally a huge fan of Fonte, he has had such a tough go of it this year, and I think that if we are promoted into the Premier League he could become a very good player with more time allowed on the ball.

One thing is for sure, no one can doubt his commitment to the team. He has been the first to rush onto the pitch numerous times to celebrate team goals, and he obviously has a wonderful attitude and helps create the team spirit we have. I hope he proves all of his haters wrong, and I know we all genuinely wish him the best.  049:gif 049:gif 049:gif
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

S.F.Sorrow

I think the keyword here is "dream".  :005:

Nero

tell you what I like about Rui was how he celebrated last night, not really had much of a look in but boy was he happy, must be on a promotion bonus lol

sunburywhite

His attitude has been that of a true gentlemen regardsless of wht else anyone thinks of him

A real assest to the squad

He doent act like a want away bench warmer
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

ffcne

Not another Fonte love in.
Get over it fellas.
He's a true gentleman?? .
Do yo you know him personally ?
He's on a shed load of money so would nt feel
to much for him.

EastEndWhite

Quote from: ffcne on May 15, 2018, 06:18:39 PM
Get over it fellas.
to much for him.

How are you going to feel when he plays for us in the Premier League?

alfie

Get over it fellas.
to much for him.
He is part of the Fulham family that cares, why is it necessary to keep putting the guy down
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Mullers OG

Give the man a break.  He's part of the club. 

Last night Hayles was at the Cottage.  He took time to settle and was useless for the first year.  So was Baird and Ream wasn't great to begin with.  They all became Fulham stars.

It may be that Fonte never does but give the man some time.  He's in a new country with new players around him.  The manager seems to rate him and I have considerable respect for Joka's judgement.  Fonte doesn't have the physical attributes of some forwards.  He has proved himself at Braga and may do so again at Fulham.

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: Statto on May 15, 2018, 07:16:51 PM
Quote from: alfie on May 15, 2018, 06:40:52 PM
Get over it fellas.
to much for him.
He is part of the Fulham family that cares, why is it necessary to keep putting the guy down

+1

if no one will buy him off us and jokanovic won't play him next year, we should make him a coach!!

Coach.....Driver🚃
Sorry couldn't resist it.😀

ffcne

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on May 15, 2018, 09:45:53 PM
Quote from: Statto on May 15, 2018, 07:16:51 PM
Quote from: alfie on May 15, 2018, 06:40:52 PM
Get over it fellas.
to much for him.

+1

if no one will buy him off us and jokanovic won't play him next year, we should make him a coach!!

Coach.....Driver🚃
Sorry couldn't resist it.😀

I think he would look dapper in the uniform and hat .

ffcne

Quote from: EastEndWhite on May 15, 2018, 06:30:11 PM
Get over it fellas.
to much for him.

How are you going to feel when he plays for us in the Premier League?

Its ok mate . I have heard he is favourite with the bookies for the Golden Boot.
Lump on. 

ffcne

Quote from: Mullers OG on May 15, 2018, 07:45:25 PM
Give the man a break.  He's part of the club. 

Last night Hayles was at the Cottage.  He took time to settle and was useless for the first year.  So was Baird and Ream wasn't great to begin with.  They all became Fulham stars.

It may be that Fonte never does but give the man some time.  He's in a new country with new players around him.  The manager seems to rate him and I have considerable respect for Joka's judgement.  Fonte doesn't have the physical attributes of some forwards.  He has proved himself at Braga and may do so again at Fulham.

How does he rate him ?
Hardly seen him since January but for a bit of running around against Brentford.
Obviously does'nt rate him.