Main Menu

The Official Silly Season Summer Transfer Thread 2018/19

Started by Mince n Tatties, May 17, 2018, 05:58:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on July 19, 2018, 04:12:30 PM
Quote from: Statto on July 19, 2018, 04:05:40 PM
Quote from: Roberty on July 19, 2018, 03:32:06 PM
What difference does it make if he signs now or in June he would still not be here until next week

It makes a difference if we get gazumped by Fener at the last minute.
For what it's worth I don't believe the Fener rumours (in HITC as noted above)
But that is the risk you take by leaving things up in the air for two months

agree, and we will only have ourselves to blame.
Let's just hope we secure his registration.

Hope springs eternal.

Roberty

What difference does it make if he signs now or in June he would still not be here until next week

There was little activity before the end on the world cup and clubs are not going to sell a TOP player unless they have a replacement either on board or lined up. We could have done it the Cardiff way and trawled the Championship for it's best players but if we are going to sign some higher standard players we have to wait

I just know your going to quote Wolves but most of those were completing deals they'd arranged when they signed the players on loan for the Championship - they performed well in the Championship but are they really going to be upto premier league standard? Time will tell

We're looking for starters - how many of our former loan players would you start against Palace - Mitro but who else?
It could be better but it's real life and not a fantasy

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: FFC1987 on July 19, 2018, 04:11:52 PM
If we get him, absolutely no difference. If we don't.....obvious difference. I also don't listen to anything talksport says about Fulham. They'll take whatever negative position they can on us, especially the coverage prior to championship final.

Funny you saying that,they just said Derby are interested in K Mac😁

FFC1987

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on July 19, 2018, 04:17:32 PM
If we get him, absolutely no difference. If we don't.....obvious difference. I also don't listen to anything talksport says about Fulham. They'll take whatever negative position they can on us, especially the coverage prior to championship final.

I'm sure a load of mediocre clubs are interested in our players......   ;p

Woolly Mammoth

Yes I go along with what you say, they are a load of chumps, and when they run out of nonsense to say, they find more nonsense to talk about.
Sometimes when I listen to some of them, not all are that poor.
They know no more than we do, only really interested in The big boys, they may follow the odd smaller team as a token, but I feel like throwing the radio out of the window when certain members of their staff are on.
I have been tempted to call them, but I don't think they could keep up with my intellect.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on July 19, 2018, 04:14:41 PM

Hope springs eternal.

You mentioning springs remind me that I need a new bed. My current one has had enough of me.

Never forget your Roots.

Roberty

Quote from: FFC1987 on July 19, 2018, 04:18:58 PM

They got us out of the Championship - so why not have a fishing trip to Motspur Park - they might do the another Championship club

We all love the players we had last season BUT - will they keep us in the Premier League?

I have a feeling that there will be some broken hearts before the end of this window

FFC1987

Quote from: Roberty on July 19, 2018, 04:23:42 PM

They got us out of the Championship - so why not have a fishing trip to Motspur Park - they might do the another Championship club

We all love the players we had last season BUT - will they keep us in the Premier League?

I have a feeling that there will be some broken hearts before the end of this window

A lot of our players are good enough for either squad depth or holding places in EPL. Yes we might get some additions in and some of the regulars from last season might find less game time, but we shouldn't forget how well and high a standard the majority of players played at last season. Most if not all are good enough to play EPL in my opinion.

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on July 19, 2018, 04:22:19 PM

Hope springs eternal.

You mentioning springs remind me that I need a new bed. My current one has had enough of me.

Don't forget the flask of Cocoa.

Marinelloguthrie

Quote from: FFC1987 on July 19, 2018, 04:26:51 PM

A lot of our players are good enough for either squad depth or holding places in EPL. Yes we might get some additions in and some of the regulars from last season might find less game time, but we shouldn't forget how well and high a standard the majority of players played at last season. Most if not all are good enough to play EPL in my opinion.

Totally agree and they also deserve the chance to show what they can do....

Roberty

I live in hope that they are and if everyone thinks that, why is anyone on this board worried about our signing new players at all?

I think we're going to be in for a rude awakening and we need to call up some new troops to make sure we're not caught short

FFC1987

Quote from: Roberty on July 19, 2018, 04:34:20 PM

I live in hope that they are and if everyone thinks that, why is anyone on this board worried about our signing new players at all?

I think we're going to be in for a rude awakening and we need to call up some new troops to make sure we're not caught short

because it can't be forgotten that our squad is 6-7 players lighter than last season already and key players that joined in Jan, along with Freds, aren't around currently. Its a slippery slope. We DO need players but our current ones shouldn't be overlooked.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on July 19, 2018, 04:27:18 PM
Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on July 19, 2018, 04:22:19 PM

Hope springs eternal.

Don't forget the flask of Cocoa.

She will be laying next to me.

By the way, I use to have an African Grey Parrot called Cocoa, who I picked up on a Cocoa plantation by the Skeleton Coast in East Africa when I was a Pirate.
Cocoa I was told was about 120 when he passed away.
He told me that he often use to get as sick as a footballer. 

Never forget your Roots.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Roberty on July 19, 2018, 04:34:20 PM

Time is of the essence, and the sands of time are ticking away.
We all feel helpless and some feel hopeless, The silence from the club is deafening, but maybe no news is good news.
We will just have to pace up and down the hall carpet like expectant fathers I suppose.

Never forget your Roots.

Roberty

Quote from: FFC1987 on July 19, 2018, 04:35:57 PM

because it can't be forgotten that our squad is 6-7 players lighter than last season already and key players that joined in Jan, along with Freds, aren't around currently. Its a slippery slope. We DO need players but our current ones shouldn't be overlooked.

Presumably a half decent bid will bring back all the loan players, except for Ojo and Target (it is significant that we've resigned none so far)

We signed Christy to replace Fred in January, so in theory the two from Nice would bring us up to full strength.

Not enough I think - we need a lot more quality to stay in the PL - I hope Tony Khan has some aces to play and some gems to bring in before the window closes.

hovewhite

Quote from: Marinelloguthrie on July 19, 2018, 04:33:05 PM

premier league is is unforgiving ,also a slow start is dangerous getting stuck bottom 3 earlydoors throws pressure on whole club plan budget wise and FFP

HamsterWheel

From Standard:
"We said earlier that Fulham are making their mark in the transfer market - now they are reportedly lining up a move for Espanyol captain David Lopez.

According to MailOnline, the west London club have made enquiries for the 28-year-old, who reportedly has a buyout clause set at £35 million.

It is believed Fulham manager Slavisa Jokanovic wants a versatile player in his squad ahead of the new Premier League season and Lopez, formerly of Napoli, can play as a centre-back or defensive midfielder. "

Woolly Mammoth

Let's not kid ourselves gents, to have a Premier League Squad that will hold its own, and stand it's Ground, we need 6 to 8 quality players covering key positions, if we do not want to get caught with our trousers down.

Never forget your Roots.

spikey norman

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on July 19, 2018, 04:57:02 PM
Let's not kid ourselves gents, to have a Premier League Squad that will hold its own, and stand it's Ground, we need 6 to 8 quality players covering key positions, if we do not want to get caught with our trousers down.

Well we have exactly three weeks today left to get those players