General

Quote from: hovewhite on July 19, 2018, 11:30:55 AM
Quote from: FFC NY on July 19, 2018, 10:26:34 AM
Quote from: hovewhite on July 19, 2018, 09:47:13 AM
Quote from: OMalleyCat on July 19, 2018, 09:38:23 AM
Quite a few tweets saying Fabri is done. 3 year deal 6 million

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

does that mean Betts back as no2?

I think so - he is apparently the number 1 target of our GK coach who used to coach Fabri. The Besikatas fans will be absolutely gutted if he goes - I saw a poll saying 78% want him to stay. Then there are some great quotes on twitter from their fans saying €6m only buys us one of Fabri's legs. They really, really rate him - very excited about this one
quality keeper alright had a look at his career history so Betts has proved his quality but will be able to gain and learn from him.

His highlights reel on YouTube also suggest he's exceptionally good at getting across his goal and pulling off top saves. Don't know what he'd be like when it comes to commanding box/area but some of the saves he pulled off defy gravity in some instances.. would be a very solid acquisition.

Twig

Are we seeing Lopez as a CB or a wing back? Don't know much about him.

Tabby

Quote from: Ordar on July 19, 2018, 11:30:59 AM
Lopez is a converted CB right? Is he good? (I assume so for 20m....)?

Converted from CM to CB.

GJB

Various tweets and articles say the Hertha Berlin manager has stated that they would accept offers from a Premier League club in the region of 25 million euros for Plattenhardt - would seem foolish for Fulham to not at least put an offer in for the player ... Fabri, Mitrovic and Plattenhardt secured within a week would put us in a much stronger position leading into a hopefully busy final two weeks of transfer negotiations IMO

FFC NY

Something to add on Lopez that I haven't seen on here is that he is apparently unhappy with Espanyol over unkept promises which could work on our favour...???

river phoenix

Quote from: Twig on July 19, 2018, 11:34:23 AM

He would probably starts alongside Ream or Le Marchand at CB and be a cover for Macca at DMC. He has been playing a holding midfielder for Espanyol and Napoli until Quique Sanchez Flores converted him to centre-back 2 years ago when he came back to Espanyol... He would fit a mould of ball-playing CB Joka likes to play with.

HillingdonFFC

Quote from: river phoenix on July 19, 2018, 11:40:50 AM

He would probably starts alongside Ream or Le Marchand at CB and be a cover for Macca at DMC. He has been playing a holding midfielder for Espanyol and Napoli until Quique Sanchez Flores converted him to centre-back 2 years ago when he came back to Espanyol... He would fit a mould of ball-playing CB Joka likes to play with.

29 in October, I think we're using him to flush someone else out, especially after what I heard yesterday

Ordar

Quote from: HillingdonFFC on July 19, 2018, 11:45:45 AM

29 in October, I think we're using him to flush someone else out, especially after what I heard yesterday

Who would that be?

Wolf

Quote from: FFC NY on July 19, 2018, 11:40:16 AM
Something to add on Lopez that I haven't seen on here is that he is apparently unhappy with Espanyol over unkept promises which could work on our favour...???

Espanyol (my second team) are in a bit of a shambles currently. They overspent, particularly on wages, last season and greatly underperformed, spending 80% of the season just outside the relegation places. Manager Flores declined the Stoke job, preferring to stay in the knowledge he'd soon get the push and a pay-off. They've just sold arguably the best player (Gerard Moreno) for 20M (in real terms 40M but Espanyol only owned 50%) and are clearly looking to raise finance. 
Hates: the Hounslow maggots

Twig

Thanks that's very helpful. Sounds like a sensible signing.

Skatzoffc

Quote from: twang on July 18, 2018, 07:22:47 PM
And we've apparently had a bid instantly rejected for David Lopez. Espanyol demanding his buy out clause which is apparently €40m(!).

https://as.com/futbol/2018/07/18/primera/1531937475_349003.html#?ref=rss&format=simple&link=link

£40m buyout clause sounds a tad high for a 28 yr old CB to me.
Siblings, let us not be down on it.
One total catastrophe like this...is just the beginning !

Count Flapula

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on July 18, 2018, 09:19:23 PM
Quote from: APS on July 18, 2018, 08:58:42 PM
Mitro is done 100%. Announced tomorrow or Friday.

Yes, my Intelligence and Communications Unit, confirms that is affirmative about Mitro, which is splendid news.
Do not be surprised if we go back in for Alfie Mawson with a firm bid, and the Malcolm situation is far from dead in the water.
So stand by for some action.

I'd be hugely surprised if we went in for Mawson now after getting Le Marchand as he's another left footer

Facts Not Fiction

Quote from: Count Flapula on July 19, 2018, 12:42:05 PM

Yes, my Intelligence and Communications Unit, confirms that is affirmative about Mitro, which is splendid news.
Do not be surprised if we go back in for Alfie Mawson with a firm bid, and the Malcolm situation is far from dead in the water.

I'd be hugely surprised if we went in for Mawson now after getting Le Marchand as he's another left footer

Mawson is right footed.

Count Flapula

Quote from: Facts Not Fiction on July 19, 2018, 12:46:38 PM

Mawson is right footed.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/alfie-mawson/profil/spieler/287431

twang

Quote from: Count Flapula on July 19, 2018, 12:50:17 PM

Mawson is right footed.

"He talks at length about his thirst for knowledge and desire to improve, explaining that he once played an entire reserve game for Brentford using only his weaker left foot..."

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/jun/12/alfie-mawson-england-under-21s-euros-swansea

Count Flapula

Quote from: twang on July 19, 2018, 12:59:59 PM

Mawson is right footed.

"He talks at length about his thirst for knowledge and desire to improve, explaining that he once played an entire reserve game for Brentford using only his weaker left foot..."

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/jun/12/alfie-mawson-england-under-21s-euros-swansea

Nice - I stand corrected and in that case sign him up!

Just looked at some clips of him and he looks pretty comfortable with both feet, I honestly believe he would be an excellent signing (so probably won't happen!)

Skatzoffc

Quote from: twang on July 19, 2018, 12:59:59 PM

Mawson is right footed.

Sounds like a nice feller to me.
Sign him up.
8-)
Siblings, let us not be down on it.
One total catastrophe like this...is just the beginning !

bencher

Mawson is a Chelsea fan. Could he be a trojan horse if we sign him? Or perhaps the next scapegoat now we've sold Button...  086.gif

Buffalo76

Mitro on the verge of signing for Fenerbache now being reported 😫

HV71

For me , he is the best fit. He is young - seems to have the right attitude and very importantly has Premier League experience. He would hit the ground running . I would imagine that he will only improve in time as will his value.