more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Official Silly Season Summer Transfer Thread 2018/19

Started by Mince n Tatties, May 17, 2018, 05:58:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hovewhite

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on July 22, 2018, 04:02:51 PM
I would take Grealish at the drop of a hat. He is only a couple hours up the motorway, save traveling half way round Europe trying to sign ?
He has undoubted quality, knows the Premier League, is hungry ambitious, and we are not exactly bursting at the seams with quality, or anyone come to mention it, and we won't need to spend over the odds either.

squad wise he would be a welcome quality addition in my view as competition squad wise is important.

wheelerdeeler

I can't see Grealish joining to play on the wing, he done multiple interviews last season talking about how much he enjoys playing centrally and he's played infinitely better since he moved. Think he'll end up at Palace if he doesn't go to Spurs because they've lost Loftus-Cheek and Cabaye for their Central-Midfield.

Holders

From what I heard yesterday about his character, many clubs will be quite wary about taking him on.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

FFC1987

How does Grealish know the EPL? Surely never been tried and tested?

ffcwickford

Quote from: FFC1987 on July 22, 2018, 04:21:47 PM
Has 30+ EPL appearances for Aston Villa!

sarnian

Villa no longer have to sell for financial reasons after investment. They may well sell for FFP but can now wait till the end of the window to sell at a higher price

FFC1987

Quote from: ffcwickford on July 22, 2018, 05:18:11 PM
Quote from: FFC1987 on July 22, 2018, 04:21:47 PM
Has 30+ EPL appearances for Aston Villa!

From memory, not wasn't exactly a successful spell or warranting him as an EPL ready player.....I like him but he isn't quite that grade yet.

Lyle from Hangeland

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on July 22, 2018, 10:50:12 AM
Hart is a top goalie,want be the first of them to have lost his confidence along the way,then bounced back.

I disagree. Hart isn't a very good keeper. His handling and decision-making are too poor for the Premier League.

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: Lyle from Hangeland on July 22, 2018, 06:00:14 PM
Quote from: Mince n Tatties on July 22, 2018, 10:50:12 AM
Hart is a top goalie,want be the first of them to have lost his confidence along the way,then bounced back.

I disagree. Hart isn't a very good keeper. His handling and decision-making are too poor for the Premier League.

Well everyone has their opinion.
Don't think City would have bought him and won England caps if he was a bad keeper...Lost confidence in any walk of life is difficult.

wheelerdeeler

"Fabri has been pictured at Heathrow Airport ahead of his move to Fulham".

wheelerdeeler

Also, Hart's reflexes and decision making has drastically gone down over the last 3 years. There's a reason Pep took one look at him and decided to ship him off, and it wasn't just his distribution. Not sure how else it can be said, other than Moyes preferred Adrian to him for a good 3 or 4 months of the season.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: wheelerdeeler on July 22, 2018, 06:27:13 PM

Apart from Fabri and Mitro deals hopefully being completed this week.
We may find up to another three quality players potentially arriving subject to medical by around next Monday 30th give or take.
Fingers crossed.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Holders

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on July 22, 2018, 07:00:46 PM

We may find up to another three quality players potentially arriving subject to medical by around next Monday 30th give or take.
Fingers crossed.

Is that speculation/wishful thinking or have you heard trumpeting across the tundra?
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

Milo

Schurle ripped us apart that afternoon a few years ago!

@jolslover

Goood. Highly rated by Besiktas fans on twitter which is rare of a departing player. Now lets get the other bodies in!
STH H3

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Holders on July 22, 2018, 07:26:40 PM

Fingers crossed.

Is that speculation/wishful thinking or have you heard trumpeting across the tundra?

Yes I have to admit that my trunk can trumpet, but I have my information. Which is reliable, but no names no pack drill at this current moment, but no this is not speculation or rumour, that's not my style.
The only problem I have is that Fulham as is well known, drag their feet so frustratingly at times, and not always to their advantage, it can be difficult to forecast when and where.
I shall keep you informed of any further developments.

Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Deeping_white

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on July 22, 2018, 07:37:45 PM
Quote from: Holders on July 22, 2018, 07:26:40 PM

Fingers crossed.

Yes I have to admit that my trunk can trumpet, but I have my information. Which is reliable, but no names no pack drill at this current moment, but no this is not speculation or rumour, that's not my style.
The only problem I have is that Fulham as is well known, drag their feet so frustratingly at times, and not always to their advantage, it can be difficult to forecast when and where.
I shall keep you informed of any further developments.

Are you able to give us any information on who those players might be?

wheelerdeeler

Fingers crossed.

So up to 5 players potentially then?