watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Official Silly Season Summer Transfer Thread 2018/19

Started by Mince n Tatties, May 17, 2018, 05:58:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skatzoffc

Jo Hart is a definite no from me I'm afraid.
Too much baggage and a potential to destabilise the dressing room.
Siblings, let us not be down on it.
One total catastrophe like this...is just the beginning !

ffc73

Re Hart. Our likely new goalkeeper was seen at Heathrow yesterday + Joka requires our GK to play from the back. Hart cannot do that which is why Pep discarded him.

I am confident we will secure the essentials of Mitro + RCB + LB. RW & squad cover will come too

COYW

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: Skatzoffc on July 23, 2018, 07:49:16 AM
Jo Hart is a definite no from me I'm afraid.
Too much baggage and a potential to destabilise the dressing room.

Not saying we should sign him,only defending him as I think there is still time for him to come back and be the keeper he was.
Don't understand where you get too much baggage from and he would upset the dressing room.
He's maybe a nice guy who would be excellent in the dressing room.

colinwhite

Just think that Pep basically didnt think he was good enough with the ball at his feet,and therefor got rid . Dont think Joka would go for him for that reason . Could be a good signing for somebody ,but then again thats what West ham thought.

Holders

Fabri wasn't at Heathrow with all those bags for nothing. He wasn't just on a quick visit.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

river phoenix

Probably means nothing but on Football Manager 2018 Fabri is one of the best goalkeepers in passing the ball and they are quite accurate with scouting.

Stevieboy

Obviously we don't want to be regarded as a soft touch regarding transfers in.
However if Lopez is as good as is made out would an extra few million, (can't believe the way we band these figures about!), be that bad in the grand scheme of things.
We have more to lose than 10million if we don't manage to stay up and the more attractive our football the potential for more TV appearance money?
I know it's probably a lot more complicated than that but just saying.

049:gif 049:gif 049:gif 049:gif  ALWAYS BELIEVING  049:gif 049:gif 049:gif 049:gif

Holders

If it were my money I'd be careful with it but at the end of the day you have to buy what you need.

Jack Fulham

Deeping_white

Fabricio is at Motspur Park...

Holders

Quote from: Deeping_white on July 23, 2018, 09:26:03 AM

Good old DB, always there when you need him.

Roberty

Some good news from Southampton - maybe we will get Targett

'SAINTS HAVE TO SELL TO BUY'

Mark Hughes says Southampton will have to sell players before they consider adding anyone else to their squad this summer.

Speaking to the Southern Daily Echo, Hughes said: "We will probably have to sell or allow players to go out of the club if we're likely to bring anybody in now I would think.
It could be better but it's real life and not a fantasy

sunburywhite

Quote from: Holders on July 23, 2018, 09:28:15 AM

Looks a bit old and grey, Carrying a few extra pounds
Would be better off with the bloke on the right of the picture
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

Marcel_Gecov

Quote from: sunburywhite on July 23, 2018, 09:44:17 AM
Quote from: Holders on July 23, 2018, 09:28:15 AM

Looks a bit old and grey, Carrying a few extra pounds
Would be better off with the bloke on the right of the picture

:005:

hovewhite

First one of many in this week.
You camping outside motspur danny

WhiteJC

What is happening with Fulham's move for Newcastle striker Aleksandar Mitrovic?
The striker returns from holiday this week and Fulham are hoping to conclude a deal for the 23-year-old

There are just over two weeks until the Summer Transfer Window shuts on August 9 - and the return of Aleksandar Mitrovic to Fulham is yet to be completed.

The Newcastle United striker joined the Cottagers on loan on Deadline Day in January and went on to smash in 12 goals as the club won promotion back to the Premier League via the play-offs, with a 1-0 win over Aston Villa securing their place back in the top flight.

A move that fans, manager and player alike wanted to happen was Mitrovic's return to west London, but so far that hasn't materialised due to various reasons.

With just 17 days left in the window and only two players signed ahead of next season, Fulham's recruitment drive is set to move into top gear as Tony Khan and the recruitment team look to secure their targets - and Mitrovic is one of them.

But why is it taking so long if Mitrovic and Fulham want a deal to happen?

Well, firstly, there was Mitrovic's participation in Serbia's World Cup campaign, which didn't end until June 27 when they went out at the group stage thanks to a 2-0 defeat to Brazil.

His parent club had hoped a strong competition would allow them to increase his price tag, but the 23-year-old only scored the one goal for his country.

He then headed out on holiday - but a deal should be concluded once he returns from his break, with our colleagues at Chronicle Live saying that return date is scheduled for midweek.

It's believed a deal for the striker is done between the two clubs, with Fulham paying the £20million fee to Newcastle in instalments, although a medical is still to be completed.

Meanwhile, Fulham are set to announce the signing of Besiktas keeper Fabri ahead of the new season to provide competition for Marcus Bettinelli - a deal which should also see Marek Rodak head out on loan.

https://www.football.london/fulham-fc/what-happening-fulhams-move-newcastle-14940269

Ordar

Wolves are close to signing Portugal international Joao Moutinho from Monaco

Wolves are having a very good window

OMalleyCat

Quote from: Ordar on July 23, 2018, 10:31:59 AM

For £5 million too!

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Roberty

Quote from: OMalleyCat on July 23, 2018, 10:34:27 AM

For £5 million too!

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

He's 31 - a bit late in life to play in the PL for the first time
It could be better but it's real life and not a fantasy

Marcel_Gecov

Moutinho or Seri? Though together would be impressive...