more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Official Silly Season Summer Transfer Thread 2018/19

Started by Mince n Tatties, May 17, 2018, 05:58:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: mkras99 on July 24, 2018, 02:16:51 PM
http://sportwitness.co.uk/jokanovic-persuading-fulham-sign-player-cottagers-make-irresistible-offer/

Well if Fulhams offer has been derisory and insulting, but Espanyol would say that anyway.
However, then it may help the player succeed in getting a better deal with Espanyol, and Fulham walk away empty handed.
No wonder Jok walks around with a long face.
On the other hand, if Jok succeeds in orchestrating the club to make them a more attractive offer, then we have a result.
He obviously values the player more than the Recruitment Department, nevertheless this could have a happy ending.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

FFC NY

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on July 24, 2018, 02:24:46 PM
http://sportwitness.co.uk/jokanovic-persuading-fulham-sign-player-cottagers-make-irresistible-offer/

Well if Fulhams offer has been derisory and insulting, but Espanyol would say that anyway.
However, then it may help the player succeed in getting a better deal with Espanyol, and Fulham walk away empty handed.
On the other hand, if Jok succeeds in orchestrating the club to make them a more attractive offer, then we have a result.
He obviously values the player more than the Recruitment Department, nevertheless this could have a happy ending.

I read before that Lopez is apparently unhappy with Espanyol over 'unkept promises'. I'm not sure what exactly but I think this could be the reason for the low offers - if we unsettle him enough we could get ourselves a good deal. Have a feeling this one will go down to the wire.

I don't get the same feeling that it is like Barrios where he was just using the offers to negotiate a better contract with Boca.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: FFC NY on July 24, 2018, 02:41:28 PM
Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on July 24, 2018, 02:24:46 PM

I read before that Lopez is apparently unhappy with Espanyol over 'unkept promises'. I'm not sure what exactly but I think this could be the reason for the low offers - if we unsettle him enough we could get ourselves a good deal. Have a feeling this one will go down to the wire.

I don't get the same feeling that it is like Barrios where he was just using the offers to negotiate a better contract with Boca.

Fair enough, lets hope Fulham get their way, I am sure the club will do their best. He would be a good addition, and the kind of quality we are looking for.

Never forget your Roots.

Roberty

Quote from: FFC NY on July 24, 2018, 02:41:28 PM

As long as we don't stop looking at other options - it cost nothing to make a bid

If he has a 45m buy out clause they must be taking the Michael
It could be better but it's real life and not a fantasy

Swiss72

Woolly Mammoth

Never forget your Roots.

grandad

Well done to the recruitment team in signing Fabri. Who will be our No. 1 GK?
Where there's a will there's a wife

wheelerdeeler

Quote from: grandad on July 24, 2018, 04:20:44 PM

You don't sign a starting Champions League Goalkeeper, who's recommended by the Goalkeeping coach, for 6 million quid, to come in as a #2 put it that way

Twig

I would expect that Betts will start but any drop off in form and Fabri would step in.  Healthy competition.

Twig

Useful addition to the squad.  Now can we please fill the positions that are the real priorities?

Ordar

Zero chance that Betts starts the season as number 1. For the same reasons that wheelerdeeler stated:

"You don't sign a starting Champions League Goalkeeper, who's recommended by the Goalkeeping coach, for 6 million quid, to come in as a #2"

Milo

Quote from: Twig on July 24, 2018, 04:26:05 PM
Useful addition to the squad.  Now can we please fill the positions that are the real priorities?

Agree with this post!

LB and RCB are key, key positions that (Mitro aside) are vital.

wheelerdeeler

Quote from: Statto on July 24, 2018, 04:35:52 PM
Quote from: wheelerdeeler on July 24, 2018, 04:24:31 PM

You don't sign a starting Champions League Goalkeeper, who's recommended by the Goalkeeping coach, for 6 million quid, to come in as a #2 put it that way

minded to agree with you for once
although Betts has previous when it comes to fighting his way into the team when others were preferred ahead of him, and if Fabri strings 2-3 poor performances together, Betts will take that spot back i'm sure

also think some on this forum attach far too much significance to someone being a "champions league player". Cork City have a whole squad of champions league players but some of them would struggle to get into a league two team

While you are right, I'd only call someone a "Champions League player" if they've played in the Groups or beyond i.e. the actual competition.

MrFFC

Fabri is certainly coming in as number 1. Betts was amazing in getting us promoted a bit like Maik Taylor but ultimately the club upgraded with VDS. No different this time
Come on you Whites!! :)

Deeping_white

Bearing in mind that our GK coach has had a year of looking at Betts and then gone and recommended to the club we sign Fabri, to me shows that he rates Fabri higher and as a result probably means that he'll start as #1 and Betts will be backup until he's given a chance to prove otherwise.

Deeping_white

http://sportwitness.co.uk/agent-meet-current-club-today-fulham-continue-press-transfer/

An amusing side to this transfer seems that we've caused some friction between the player and club as he's not getting paid what he was promised so maybe our financial firepower swings this one in our favour

hovewhite

Quote from: Deeping_white on July 24, 2018, 04:48:18 PM
http://sportwitness.co.uk/agent-meet-current-club-today-fulham-continue-press-transfer/

An amusing side to this transfer seems that we've caused some friction between the player and club as he's not getting paid what he was promised so maybe our financial firepower swings this one in our favour
who knows how long this transfer or not will run,could still be going on in January window.

FFC1987

Krul's gone to Norwich. Another one bites the dust. between losing out on Plea, Krul, Rolan and Malcolm, its hard to justify our lack ambition at the moment.

FFC NY

Quote from: FFC1987 on July 24, 2018, 05:10:26 PM
Krul's gone to Norwich. Another one bites the dust. between losing out on Plea, Krul, Rolan and Malcolm, its hard to justify our lack ambition at the moment.

Ummmm.... we just signed Fabri..?

Fabri > Krul