more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Official Silly Season Summer Transfer Thread 2018/19

Started by Mince n Tatties, May 17, 2018, 05:58:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LVBPTS

MORE ON MAWSON

Fulham appear to have beaten competition from fellow Premier League sides Burnley and West Ham for Mawson's signature.

The London side will pay £15m up-front for the centre-half, with another £5m potentially due in add-ons.
Supporter since 2000

Deeping_white

Quote from: Steven Ageroad on July 31, 2018, 09:53:41 AM
Quote from: JimmyConway on July 31, 2018, 08:35:07 AM
I tend to agree with Denver Fulham we can do better than Targett if the figures being banded around are accurate.

Who would you suggest that is available and that we've heard of?

Joe Bryan, Nicolas Tagliafico, Marvin Plattenhardt, Ludwig Augustinsson, Ferland Mendy, Juan Bernat (Bayern have transfer listed him allegedly) are all realistic or should be optimistic targets

DevonFFC

Quote from: Deeping_white on July 31, 2018, 10:06:22 AM
I tend to agree with Denver Fulham we can do better than Targett if the figures being banded around are accurate.

Joe Bryan, Nicolas Tagliafico, Marvin Plattenhardt, Ludwig Augustinsson, Ferland Mendy, Juan Bernat (Bayern have transfer listed him allegedly) are all realistic or should be optimistic targets

Bristol just rejected a £3m bid for Bryan

Deeping_white

Quote from: DevonFFC on July 31, 2018, 10:12:14 AM
Quote from: Deeping_white on July 31, 2018, 10:06:22 AM

Bristol just rejected a £3m bid for Bryan

They want £6m for him, he's in the last year of his contract.

jelmo

I thought Mawson was in Swansea after completing his medical yesterday!???

HillingdonFFC

Quote from: jelmo on July 31, 2018, 10:14:06 AM

Nope he was in Swansea yesterday, had a medical booked in at MP 9am this morning

toshes mate

Quote from: hovewhite on July 31, 2018, 09:46:48 AM
Quote from: FFC1987 on July 31, 2018, 09:37:12 AM
If we sign Targett I will be delighted as he understands and has a partnership with sess and ream so no bedding in needed.
As you clearly express the ability of Targett to build good understandings with his team mates in so short a time makes him a highly desirable purchase which a more expensive signing may not, for any number of reasons, achieve.  Players who fit in are priceless.  Targett's weaknesses and where he is sometimes caught out can be coached out of his system by improving his physical and mental strengths. 

I would be very happy to see him recruited.

bornafulhamfan

A crazy idea popped in my mind. Why don't we offer about 30 milion to ac milan for musacchio, bacca and gabriel. That way we would have backups for cb, st and 3rd choice keeper. I don't know how much they value musacchio, but they want 13.5 million for bacca+let's say 15 million for mussachio and 1.5 million for the keeper. Thoughts?

Deeping_white

Quote from: bornafulhamfan on July 31, 2018, 10:17:12 AM
A crazy idea popped in my mind. Why don't we offer about 30 milion to ac milan for musacchio, bacca and gabriel. That way we would have backups for cb, st and 3rd choice keeper. I don't know how much they value musacchio, but they want 13.5 million for bacca+let's say 15 million for mussachio and 1.5 million for the keeper. Thoughts?

There's no way you'd sign Mussachio as a backup CB, you'd have to start him alongside Mawson which would be a good combo but I'm not sure the club would want to drop £30m like that, although with the way things have gone this summer you never know!

bornafulhamfan

Quote from: Deeping_white on July 31, 2018, 10:20:20 AM

There's no way you'd sign Mussachio as a backup CB, you'd have to start him alongside Mawson which would be a good combo but I'm not sure the club would want to drop £30m like that, although with the way things have gone this summer you never know!

Yeah, but I didn't mean he would necessarily be the backup, just that we would have enough cb's on our books.

lomotd

Quote from: HillingdonFFC on July 31, 2018, 10:16:12 AM

Nope he was in Swansea yesterday, had a medical booked in at MP 9am this morning

Early morning medical = announced this evening?

FFC1987

I'd really like to see Targett back. BUT, I still think its not about the money for Saints. Its sorting Bertrand situation out and whether they want Targett to replace or understudy. We'll see. Targett in my opinion, is more than capable of being a EPL full back.

jelmo

Ah. Thanks for the correction. I need to pay more attention when skim reading posts!

These are pretty exciting times. All seems a bit surreal to be dropping this amount of money on quality young players instead of picking up past it players as was our strategy before relegation. Cant ask much more of the Khans.

bornafulhamfan

If that is too expensive would you consider Abel Hernandez (free+good enough for a backup) , Diego Reyes(cb, free, 25, Mexico international) and Boaz Myhill(free, premier league experience+good enough for a 3rd choice keeper, could teach some things to our younger keepers). They would all be free and we could spend more money on starting lb.

DevonFFC

Quote from: bornafulhamfan on July 31, 2018, 10:41:15 AM

If that is too expensive would you consider Abel Hernandez (free+good enough for a backup) , Diego Reyes(cb, free, 25, Mexico international) and Boaz Myhill(free, premier league experience+good enough for a 3rd choice keeper, could teach some things to our younger keepers). They would all be free and we could spend more money on starting lb.

Is that the Hernandez from Hull, same one that big clubs were sniffing around season before last?

bornafulhamfan

Quote from: DevonFFC on July 31, 2018, 10:46:05 AM

Is that the Hernandez from Hull, same one that big clubs were sniffing around season before last?

Yes, he is now a free agent.

Arthur

Thank you for this.

So the claim, yesterday evening, (on the back of someone else's mistaken belief that Mawson had already completed his medical) that it (Mawson's transfer) had been 'done and dusted for hours' was, as I thought, just a guess - nothing more.

Deeping_white

Quote from: DevonFFC on July 31, 2018, 10:46:05 AM

He's got a glass knee and allegedly wants £100k a week which is why he's a free agent

HillingdonFFC

Quote from: lomotd on July 31, 2018, 10:26:24 AM

Early morning medical = announced this evening?

Assuming no problems with the medical ,before that I'd hope. Personal terms were already agreed, probably just need to finalise a few bits