Started by Mince n Tatties, May 17, 2018, 05:58:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

General

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on July 30, 2018, 11:44:31 PM
Quote from: General on July 30, 2018, 11:31:35 PM
Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on July 30, 2018, 09:12:52 PM
Quote from: Deeping_white on July 30, 2018, 08:42:16 PM
Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on July 30, 2018, 08:32:24 PM
The Jigsaw is coming together nicely, for me after Alfie Mawson is announced officially, there are four more pieces missing, to ensure our squad can compete over the season.

Can you drop any spoilers, Woolly?

Well After Alfie Mawson is confirmed officially.
If I had to hazard a guess, going by intuition and suspicion.
Although I am sure most people would be more than in agreement.
(1). A left back and (2). a defensive midfielder (3) a winger (4) an attacking midfielder (5) another defender. (6). Not forgetting if the right player became available, another forward.
4 or 5 players at least.
If you want me to guess again,  I would say that Matt Target could be one of the next in as Fulham have returned and improved their offer 12m. So we seem to be determined to get our man. 

Crikey sounds like the club is really going for it... another Wing, DM, LB, AM another defender and another forward if the right person became available on top of Mawson. So another 5-6 signings.. how are we affording this?

The question I'd then ask is who is surplus to requirements? Cisse, Djalo,  pains me to say it but perhaps Woodrow?

Yes the club are trying to get Djalo out on loan.

Any idea re contracts for sess and jokanovic?

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: General on July 31, 2018, 12:04:39 AM
Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on July 30, 2018, 11:44:31 PM
Quote from: General on July 30, 2018, 11:31:35 PM
The Jigsaw is coming together nicely, for me after Alfie Mawson is announced officially, there are four more pieces missing, to ensure our squad can compete over the season.

(1). A left back and (2). a defensive midfielder (3) a winger (4) an attacking midfielder (5) another defender. (6). Not forgetting if the right player became available, another forward.
4 or 5 players at least.
If you want me to guess again,  I would say that Matt Target could be one of the next in as Fulham have returned and improved their offer 12m. So we seem to be determined to get our man. 

Crikey sounds like the club is really going for it... another Wing, DM, LB, AM another defender and another forward if the right person became available on top of Mawson. So another 5-6 signings.. how are we affording this?

The question I'd then ask is who is surplus to requirements? Cisse, Djalo,  pains me to say it but perhaps Woodrow?

Yes the club are trying to get Djalo out on loan.

Any idea re contracts for sess and jokanovic?

Not so far to date.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Fernhurst

Reading that there could be others in course is a tad beyond my comprehension - but these are truly surreal times for FFC!

What, not harf!!

I remember driving down overnight in early eighties from Scotland with my wife a three kids for a holiday and as we approached London, I said there is just one place I must see.
Arriving outside the ground to drink in the atmosphere was surprised to find the players entrance gate open. So myself and the children tip toed into the Courtyard and down the players tunnel (of sorts) and there by the corner flag was the legendary Steve MacGee our groundsman when we were skint trying to clear a drain by the corner flag assisted by the only other member of staff available our managing director who's name escapes me!!
When we explained we had driven 700 miles overnight he very kindly invited us to take some pictures on the pitch.
Take heed Alistair if things don't go well you may have to roll your sleeves up and clear drains.
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

YankeeJim

Glad to see that all the negative nannies and Khan bashers have seen the light and realize that Fulham has ambition.

Its going to be a fun season.
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

The Rock

4 or 5 players at least.

It is pretty evident we are replacing the 8-9 players that aren't returning on loan or from our first team with vastly superior players, and basically the best the Khan's money can buy. That leaves 3-4 more. A clear recipe for success, and consistent with what the fat tuscan beast has alluded to...

Speaking of which, THANK YOU Woolly for some really good bits of info this window (on behalf of us all).

RaySmith

Targett  knows Fulham and fits in, linked so well with Ream and Sess, and is tried and tested as a top player for us, who was so important in us getting promotion.

The club is right to make a big effort to get him.

Denver Fulham

Quote from: RaySmith on July 31, 2018, 03:06:57 AM
Targett  knows Fulham and fits in, linked so well with Ream and Sess, and is tried and tested as a top player for us, who was so important in us getting promotion.

The club is right to make a big effort to get him.

I'd really prefer someone better than Targett, especially if the price is now 12m. If I'm a Prem opponent and I'm looking at our left flank of Sess, Target and Ream/MLM, I know which side of the field I'm attacking. Feels very lightweight defensively for this league.

Skatzoffc

Quote from: St. Andrews White on July 30, 2018, 08:48:27 PM
Quote from: JOND999 on July 30, 2018, 08:42:33 PM
Quote from: fulhamben on July 30, 2018, 08:38:49 PM
Quote from: Riversider on July 30, 2018, 08:33:18 PM
Mawson will make an ideal Captain for us, time for Cairney to hand over the armband and have the responsibility lifted off him.
yep he's a shocking captain. Would much prefer he lead us into a relegation like the amazing captain Parker did, over winning promotion any day of the week.

this made me laugh....  i think Parker set the BPL season record for shortest average length of pass attempted.
Must be second shortest after Etuhu, that man never passed more than about 5 feet!

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

Yes but Etuhu always found Murphy.
That was his job after winning a crunching tackle.
Great player for us.
😁
Siblings, let us not be down on it.
One total catastrophe like this...is just the beginning !

Facts Not Fiction

Quote from: Statto on July 31, 2018, 08:10:54 AM
Quote from: YankeeJim on July 31, 2018, 01:39:50 AM
Glad to see that all the negative nannies and Khan bashers have seen the light and realize that Fulham has ambition.

At the start of this window, back about 100 pages on this thread, I said that after Khan's comments in May about "ambition" I both hoped and expected we'd spend this kind of money. At the time that was probably perceived as Khan-bashing by some, who'd have said we should just be grateful to have been promoted or something like that. Clearly it was not Khan bashing but reasonable, well-calculated expectation. This is after all what he should have done 4 yrs ago but better late than never. With hindsight for the last couple of seasons, like this one, he has been investing as much as FFP will let him. Well done to him. It's great to have full confidence in the chairman again, for the first time since about 2011.

Your expectations were way off if you realistically thought that this could've been achieved 4 years ago.

The club was a mess from head to toe. A rebuild needed to happen off the pitch before anything major on it.

FulhamStu

I think people, maybe even including myself have thought we could upgrade Targett as he dropped off a bit towards the end of his loan.  I am now pretty convinced that was because he was playing with an injury, which he discussed on Fulham Focus with Dannyboi.   If we were to sign Targett we would have a very Tight back 4, Christie, Mawson, Ream, Targett all English speaking, maybe not the most talented but capable of playing as a unit Roy style.   In the harder games, maybe a 2 defensive midfield shield in front of them, otherwise the normally reliable KMac and I think we will be fine.

JimmyConway

I tend to agree with Denver Fulham we can do better than Targett if the figures being banded around are accurate.

mrmicawbers

Quote from: Facts Not Fiction on July 31, 2018, 08:34:27 AM
Quote from: YankeeJim on July 31, 2018, 01:39:50 AM

At the start of this window, back about 100 pages on this thread, I said that after Khan's comments in May about "ambition" I both hoped and expected we'd spend this kind of money. At the time that was probably perceived as Khan-bashing by some, who'd have said we should just be grateful to have been promoted or something like that. Clearly it was not Khan bashing but reasonable, well-calculated expectation. This is after all what he should have done 4 yrs ago but better late than never. With hindsight for the last couple of seasons, like this one, he has been investing as much as FFP will let him. Well done to him. It's great to have full confidence in the chairman again, for the first time since about 2011.

Your expectations were way off if you realistically thought that this could've been achieved 4 years ago.

The club was a mess from head to toe. A rebuild needed to happen off the pitch before anything major on it.
My sentiments exactly.Some will have to start on something else to get their Click Bait

Roberty

With hindsight for the last couple of seasons, like this one, he has been investing as much as FFP will let him. Well done to him. It's great to have full confidence in the chairman again, for the first time since about 2011.
@statto - how do the players we've brought stack up against your expectations ?

I read somewhere (I cannot find the quote) that SK wanted to compete and not just survive in the PL - are we likely to be doing that?
It could be better but it's real life and not a fantasy

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: The Rock on July 31, 2018, 01:45:31 AM

4 or 5 players at least.

It is pretty evident we are replacing the 8-9 players that aren't returning on loan or from our first team with vastly superior players, and basically the best the Khan's money can buy. That leaves 3-4 more. A clear recipe for success, and consistent with what the fat tuscan beast has alluded to...

Speaking of which, THANK YOU Woolly for some really good bits of info this window (on behalf of us all).

I try to do my best, maybe not always right, but thanks.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

FFC1987

In Targett's defense to being lightweight, the guy looks like hes worked hard this summer to buff up a bit. Likely realised that the next logical step for him is to be better physically. Good player, right attitude and one that can grow. It's all well and good asking for better but names floated like Tierney need to realise he's £25m+ and really unlikely.

Marcel_Gecov

Quote from: FFC1987 on July 31, 2018, 09:37:12 AM
In Targett's defense to being lightweight, the guy looks like hes worked hard this summer to buff up a bit. Likely realised that the next logical step for him is to be better physically. Good player, right attitude and one that can grow. It's all well and good asking for better but names floated like Tierney need to realise he's £25m+ and really unlikely.

What is the point in Football whispers? Still No Mawson despite sky sports saying a fee agreed...

hovewhite

if we sign Targett I will be delighted as he understands and has a partnership with sess and ream so no bedding in needed.

the nutflush

Quote from: hovewhite on July 31, 2018, 09:46:48 AM
if we sign Targett I will be delighted as he understands and has a partnership with sess and ream so no bedding in needed.

This.

Steven Ageroad

Quote from: JimmyConway on July 31, 2018, 08:35:07 AM
I tend to agree with Denver Fulham we can do better than Targett if the figures being banded around are accurate.

Who would you suggest that is available and that we've heard of?

LVBPTS

09:53
BREAKING NEWS

Sky sources: Swansea defender Alfie Mawson is currently having a medical at Fulham
Supporter since 2000