more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Official Silly Season Summer Transfer Thread 2018/19

Started by Mince n Tatties, May 17, 2018, 05:58:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Tabby on June 16, 2018, 08:01:30 PM
Augustinsson would be a solid player to sign, he has been looking good in Bundesliga since signing. Also pushed Martin Olsson of Swansea out of the Swedish starting lineup.

It will never happen, his name is too long, and the club haven't got a shirt big enough for 12 letters.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

wheelerdeeler

http://www.goal.com/en-gh/news/ayews-spokesperson-denies-celtic-interest-tight-lipped-on/10tqi7c0xurq1avpu2qmli1gw

Key quotes
"On Fulham, according to Sky Sports, they've made an £8 million offer to Swansea City but I haven't been told of any rejection. I heard about their offer in the news and read it also on social media but I can't confirm or deny [that Jordan is aware of the impending deal].

"If you were Jordan, between Premier League and Championship, which one would you choose?" he quizzed.

Goal understands that Fulham will submit an improved offer next week to Swansea and the deal could be concluded before the World Cup ends.

Barrett487

https://soccersouls.com/2018/06/17/why-southampton-over-fulham-could-be-the-ideal-destination-for-this-4m-scotland-international/

Why Southampton over Fulham could be the ideal destination for this £4m Scotland international

Stuart Armstrong enjoyed another decent season with Celtic as he helped the Bhoys to another domestic treble. The central midfielder also featured heavily for the Scottish giants in their Champions League campaign last term.

He scored three goals and set up four more in 24 Scottish Premiership appearances, while in total he turned out 41 times for Celtic last season, netting 5 times and providing 6 assists.

Several Premier League clubs, including Fulham and Southampton, have been linked with making a move for Armstrong, who has just a year left on his present contract with Celtic.

But between the Cottagers and the Saints, which team should the £4m Scotland international pick. Or should he just accept the 5-year contract which Celtic have reportedly offered him and remain at Parkhead?

Southampton had a very tricky season in the Premier League last term as they avoided relegation to the Championship by the skin of their teeth.

They struggled for goals throughout the 2017/18 campaign, but the Saints also lacked creativity in the midfield area. And Armstrong would slot into the Southampton seamlessly very and strengthen their midfield.

He would not only bring flair and assists to St Mary's Stadium but he also possesses a winning mentality after spending so long at Celtic. Armstrong would benefit Southampton massively as they also looked devoid of leaders last season.

Fulham, on the other hand, scored the second most goals in the Championship last season, aided by their trio of midfielders – Stefan Johansen, Tom Cairney and Kevin McDonald. It would be a shock if the Cottagers don't stick with the trio in the Premier League next season. Therefore, it feels like it would be harder for Armstrong to make an impact at Craven Cottage.

The third option for Armstrong is to remain at Celtic. There are reports that he has been offered a lucrative new 5-year deal by the Scottish champions.

The option looks incredibly tempting as it would guarantee him playing for a club, who understands him. He would also receive the opportunity to win more trophies after helping Celtic to two successive domestic treble triumphs.

The choice lies with Armstrong but if he does decide to move to the Premier League then Southampton seems like a better option.

Mince n Tatties

Were in for Forestieri of Weds apparently.
So are Stoke and Norwich,not good enough for Premier imo.

Sebb86

Quote from: Tabby on June 16, 2018, 08:01:30 PM
Augustinsson would be a solid player to sign, he has been looking good in Bundesliga since signing. Also pushed Martin Olsson of Swansea out of the Swedish starting lineup.

Would be a top signing for us! Have a very good left foot and a solid record in recent years. The style of play reminds a bit like Leighton Baines I would say. I do not think he will leave Werder Bremen for less than 10 million. If we sign Augustinsson we would have a really good left backs comming years. GET IN!

Arthur

The Sunday Fulham Stuff thread has us linked with nine players (and these don't include Mitrovic). Surely a couple of these will come to fruition. PSG's Polish defensive midfielder and Bremen's Swedish left-back may have names that are a nightmare to spell, but both sound as if they could be good acquisitions. Nor would I be averse to us signing Forestieri. His technique is good enough to fit into our style of play and he seems capable of scoring goals from unlikely situations. He's also the hardest-working forward I saw in our time in the Championship and no fairy either.

hovewhite

These threads are good fun,but I read through them,but with Fulham like the last window when the 3 lads came in ,no one Heard about them in any threads.gossip or anything.

Friendsoffulham

According to reports in England, Tim Krul is close to agreeing a deal with Premier League new boys Fulham.

By Michael Bell
Follow Michael on Twitter
The 30-year-old's short-term deal with Brighton & Hove Albion ended at the end of the season, and although they want Krul to stay, an agreement is not likely.

Krul failed to make a single Premier League appearance with Brighton and wants to find a club where he will be first choice. According to the Sun, Fulham are set to offer Krul a two-year deal.

Krul started his career in the ADO Den Haag academy but was picked up by Newcastle United, where he spent ten years. After unsuccessful loan periods with Ajax and AZ, Krul joined Brighton last season.

http://www.football-oranje.com/krul-set-to-sign-for-fulham/

Tabby

Quote from: Friendsoffulham on June 17, 2018, 10:54:55 AM
According to reports in England, Tim Krul is close to agreeing a deal with Premier League new boys Fulham.

By Michael Bell
The 30-year-old's short-term deal with Brighton & Hove Albion ended at the end of the season, and although they want Krul to stay, an agreement is not likely.

Krul failed to make a single Premier League appearance with Brighton and wants to find a club where he will be first choice. According to the Sun, Fulham are set to offer Krul a two-year deal.

Krul started his career in the ADO Den Haag academy but was picked up by Newcastle United, where he spent ten years. After unsuccessful loan periods with Ajax and AZ, Krul joined Brighton last season.

From the rumors it seems we're making a swap between Krul and Button and getting £4 million for it. I'd be okay with that.

hovewhite

Quote from: Tabby on June 17, 2018, 11:07:02 AM
Quote from: Friendsoffulham on June 17, 2018, 10:54:55 AM

By Michael Bell

From the rumors it seems we're making a swap between Krul and Button and getting £4 million for it. I'd be okay with that.
that would be a great move.
With the world cup on,can see a good few deals in general happening when it's over

bobby01

I am probably wrong, but I believe Krul is a free agent as he only signed until the end of the season.
Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.

Twig

Quote from: Holders on June 16, 2018, 02:02:33 PM
Quote from: Twig on June 16, 2018, 12:49:07 PM
Quote from: Holders on June 16, 2018, 11:53:46 AM
"Nothing to be decided till after the WC".

About what?

That's what the Krychoviak quote says.

I think that applies to Mitro too, not least because he's got other things on his mind and the Serbian manager won't want players hassled while they're supposed to be concentrating on the job in hand.

That's what I would expect, makes sense for both the player and his current club.

bobby01

Maybe I am right he is listed on Brighton site as season only, and not on Newcastle site as out on loan.
Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.

Arthur

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/12691/11407972/southampton-and-leicester-agree-james-maddison-fee-with-norwich

Southampton and Leicester have both agreed a fee with Norwich to sign James Maddison, according to Sky sources.

The two Premier League clubs have had proposals in the region of £22m plus add-ons accepted by the Canaries.

One source has told Sky Sports News that Maddison prefers Southampton but he is still to decide which club he will join.

Sky Sports News reported earlier this month that Everton and Fulham have also been keen on the midfielder.

He has also been scouted by top-four clubs Tottenham, Liverpool and Manchester City.

The 21-year-old scored 15 goals last season and, with their parachute payments due to end this year, Norwich have been willing to cash in on their most valuable player.

The Norfolk club have been seeking between £20m and £25m for Maddison, who has represented England at U21 level.

£22M plus add-ons for Maddison. A benchmark for transfers involving clubs outside the 'big six'?

He's a player I would have liked us to sign. Young and talented. Leicester and Southampton, however, are perhaps not needing to sign as many players as us, and can thus afford to spend more on those that they do want.

wheelerdeeler

Plus both have money to burn after Van Dijk going to Liverpool and Mahrez on the verge of joining City.

Hoppus

Fulham want Oğuzhan Özyakup (Besiktas). (source Twitter).

aaronmcguigan

Quote from: bobby01 on June 17, 2018, 11:51:00 AM
Maybe I am right he is listed on Brighton site as season only, and not on Newcastle site as out on loan.

He initially joined on loan in the last year of his contract in August. But the deal was made permanent and effectively Brighton took over his contract and its now expiring

AllyWhite

Quote from: Hoppus on June 17, 2018, 10:18:42 PM

Hah! No chance. a top 6 team for sure.

OMalleyCat

Quote from: AllyWhite on June 18, 2018, 03:19:09 AM
Quote from: Hoppus on June 17, 2018, 10:18:42 PM

Hah! No chance. a top 6 team for sure.

He's just signed a contract extension so probably not going to happen.