watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Official Silly Season Summer Transfer Thread 2018/19

Started by Mince n Tatties, May 17, 2018, 05:58:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

grandad

Transfer rumours are of no interest to me.  I prefer to wait for something on the Offal before I comment on a specific player. You will all drive yourselves mad reading rubbish from the large number of lazy bedroom Journos.
Where there's a will there's a wife

toshes mate

Just to back up all of the scepticism about transfers, speculation, and whatever else we can have a discussion about, Aston Villa report they have received no offers for Grealish's services as of yesterday.  It seems this month is largely a month of lots of hot air other than the transfers we already know about.  Having said that however, I am also lacking in confidence as some others are because much of our recruitment teams 'previous' is underwhelming to say the least and that cannot be seriously argued about.   The difference we all need to focus on is getting off to a good start and not having to spend the first three months of the season watching players get accustomed to each other.  That means delivering things very soon because in seven weeks time the season will be starting.

Twig

Personally I don't think there can be any doubt that our late recruitment last summer hurt our pre-season preparation (yes it was also poorly planned and executed). 
I am concerned that we don't commit the same mistake this year at an even more difficult level of competition.
I do not want to see second rate signings just for the sake of it and I do recognise that in a world cup year we need to be extra patient. BUT by no means all potential targets are involved in the WC and we should be getting that side of our business done asap. leaving just the WC targets for later.  That way there is minimum disruption to squad preparation and maximum integration time.  At the moment I see zero signs of any determination to get some initial business done and dusted.
Am I worried? Emphatically yes.

FFC1987

I just meant that considering the current market where Jordon Ayew is rated at circa 10m, Deeney at 10m doesn't seem too steep at that price. Not an endorsement that I wish for him to sign for us. Although he wouldn't be the worst squad striker one could have at that price. I'd expect if Tadic is leaving Saints, that Shaqiri might be linking up with Hughes again? Regarding Wiltshire, skysports suggesting Westham are in for him. More likely considering they could offer the wages. Townsend also now being linked with Newcastle.

LVBPTS

12:32
HAMMERS CAIRNEY BID REJECTED

Fulham have rejected £20m bid from West Ham United for Tom Cairney, Sky sources understand. The midfielder was promoted to the Premier League with the Cottagers after scoring the winner in last month's Championship play-off final.
Supporter since 2000

Flupp

Quote from: corbs83 on June 22, 2018, 12:35:23 PM

Fulham have rejected £20m bid from West Ham United for Tom Cairney, Sky sources understand. The midfielder was promoted to the Premier League with the Cottagers after scoring the winner in last month's Championship play-off final.

Please stay at east London west ham ...this club is getting more and more unsympathetic
"take me home al fayed to the place where i belong craven cottage by the river take me home al fayed"

Horsfield_No9

This is damn annoying, at the least it will unsettle him. I don't think we will accept any bid so not worried there BUT if he decided the grass is greener at a bigger club with higher wages it may be an opportunity he decides to take and puts in a transfer request. He got us promoted so owes us nothing.
First game: Fulham 4 Burnley 0, December 12th 1998.

ffc73

Quote from: grandad on June 22, 2018, 09:06:55 AM
The window isn´t open yet

FIFA demands that the window is open for 12 weeks.  As it has been agreed that the window will close before the season starts, the summer window has been open since 0001 on May 17.  It closes @ 1700 on Thursday 9 August.

Deeping_white

Quote from: Horsfield_No9 on June 22, 2018, 12:39:46 PM

This is damn annoying, at the least it will unsettle him. I don't think we will accept any bid so not worried there BUT if he decided the grass is greener at a bigger club with higher wages it may be an opportunity he decides to take and puts in a transfer request. He got us promoted so owes us nothing.

How many times does he have to say in an interview that he's happy here and wants to captain us in the prem before people realise he's not looking to leave?? He isn't looking to leave and has no reason to either as he's getting prem football regardless and he enjoys playing for us, and this is after he's had multiple chances to leave us whilst being a championship club and yet stayed.

Horsfield_No9

Quote from: Deeping_white on June 22, 2018, 12:56:16 PM

How many times does he have to say in an interview that he's happy here and wants to captain us in the prem before people realise he's not looking to leave?? He isn't looking to leave and has no reason to either as he's getting prem football regardless and he enjoys playing for us, and this is after he's had multiple chances to leave us whilst being a championship club and yet stayed.

I want to believe this but money talks. Freddo has gone because West Ham offered a wage we couldn't compete with. What would you do if another job offered to double your money? Stay loyal or take the money? It's pretty simple. I believe Cairney IS happy with us and loves being captain but sometimes with huge offers it's simply common sense to take it.
First game: Fulham 4 Burnley 0, December 12th 1998.

Deeping_white

Quote from: Horsfield_No9 on June 22, 2018, 12:59:42 PM
Quote from: Deeping_white on June 22, 2018, 12:56:16 PM

I want to believe this but money talks. Freddo has gone because West Ham offered a wage we couldn't compete with. What would you do if another job offered to double your money? Stay loyal or take the money? It's pretty simple. I believe Cairney IS happy with us and loves being captain but sometimes with huge offers it's simply common sense to take it.

But the point is, he would've already been offered that money by West Ham previously when they wanted him in January, and he never wanted to leave then. He's now guaranteed what he wants, and that's prem football in the team he captains. He's also our highest paid player on an above average wage for the prem as it is so it's not like he's playing for peanuts either.

aaronmcguigan

Why don't we just give TC a new contract then? Why would you expect your best players to play even better for the same wage? Surely for a forward thinking club there's promotion wage rises inserted into contracts which should be enough to satisfy them?

Deeping_white

Quote from: Newry FFC on June 22, 2018, 01:13:51 PM
Why don't we just give TC a new contract then? Why would you expect your best players to play even better for the same wage? Surely for a forward thinking club there's promotion wage rises inserted into contracts which should be enough to satisfy them?

Our stated aim last season was to get promoted, yes? So last summer when TC signed that contract, he knew he was signing an extension for a club aiming to get into the premier league, paying him premier league wages to lead our charge back. He knew full well what he was signing and he was happy to do so, presumably without a clause that offered him a pay rise. So if he was happy then to sign it, why wouldn't he be now and why should the club pay him more when he's happy and still on a long contract? If we give him an extension every summer it doesn't really set the tone well for the rest of the team who could all argue they deserve a pay rise as well on similar grounds, when in actual fact they're all unproven at this level so far. the people we'll pay good wages to this summer will be the ones who have played at this level before either in the Prem or in a top foreign league, because you can command a better wage when you're a proven top level player.

By all means this time next year if we're still a Prem team and he's had a fantastic season then he's probably within his rights to ask for more, and I would suggest we paid it, but he could flop this year after being given a £20k pay rise for instance and then we'd look stupid and people would moan at the club for overpaying him.

Deeping_white

Anyways back to actual transfer news:

Count Flapula

Can't see Cairney leaving - annoyingly though if the reports about them also being interested in Wishere are accurate then you just know they'll pick him up ahead of us. Hammers really starting to grind my gears this window!

Andy S

Wet spam will still struggle next season because of their ground whoever plays for them

Tabby

Quote from: Deeping_white on June 22, 2018, 02:26:59 PM

What does it say? His tweet is hidden.

river phoenix

Kaveh Solhekol

Verified account

@SkyKaveh
19m19 minutes ago
More
Fulham make £10m bid for Southampton's Matt Targett.
Was on loan at Fulham last season. Southampton not interested in selling and see him as part of their future plans

river phoenix

Quote from: Tabby on June 22, 2018, 02:55:32 PM

Alan Nixon

@reluctantnicko

Krul talking. Button tied in with Norwood a bit.

Deeping_white

Quote from: Tabby on June 22, 2018, 02:55:32 PM

Someone tweeted him saying "Krul to Fulham and Button to Brighton looking likely?" . His reply was "Krul talking. Button tied in with Norwood a bit."