https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Official Silly Season Summer Transfer Thread 2018/19

Started by Mince n Tatties, May 17, 2018, 05:58:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LVBPTS

15:05
FULHAM TARGETT SAINTS MAN

Fulham have made a £10m bid for Southampton's Matt Targett, Sky sources understand.

Targett was on loan at Fulham last season, but we understand Southampton are not interested in selling and see him as part of their future plans under Mark Hughes.
Supporter since 2000

Denver Fulham

Quote from: corbs83 on June 22, 2018, 03:09:49 PM

Fulham have made a £10m bid for Southampton's Matt Targett, Sky sources understand.

Targett was on loan at Fulham last season, but we understand Southampton are not interested in selling and see him as part of their future plans under Mark Hughes.

If we're paying 10m for a LB, I want someone better than Targett.

Bassey the warrior

As good as Cairney is, I don't see why West Ham would bid £20m when Wilshere is available for free (albeit he'll ask for signing on fee).

Roberty

Quote from: Denver Fulham on June 22, 2018, 04:03:41 PM

Who says we have?

Transfer Marketing Rules:-
(1) to get the best price - start a rumour that you've received a credible offer already, even if you haven't

If we have - I hope that SJ is in the loop and has said that he thinks he's worth it

Given the prices that are being paid for players - £10m would be classed as bargain basement for the PL
It could be better but it's real life and not a fantasy

fulhamben

Quote from: Statto on June 22, 2018, 04:18:43 PM

Why? He's a good, complete player and PL quality IMO, plus we know he 'fits' so remove that risk you always have bringing a new player in

We got £4m or £5m for Malone, an inferior player and 5 years older, and that was at last year's prices which will have inflated a little anyway. In that context £10m seems fair, especially if part of the fee is conditional, eg on an England call-up
I don't think malone was inferior to targett
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: fulhamben on June 22, 2018, 04:20:18 PM

Why? He's a good, complete player and PL quality IMO, plus we know he 'fits' so remove that risk you always have bringing a new player in

We got £4m or £5m for Malone, an inferior player and 5 years older, and that was at last year's prices which will have inflated a little anyway. In that context £10m seems fair, especially if part of the fee is conditional, eg on an England call-up

He definitely was, Targett crosses much more accurate. Both very good for us though.

Twig

Quote from: fulhamben on June 22, 2018, 04:20:18 PM

Got to disagree on that one.

spikey norman

Impressed with Tadic.
Ajax trying to sign him but Ithink he would be good for us.
Has Prem experience and with him on the right and Sess on the left with Mitro in the middle
would be a good front line. 

hovewhite

Tadic,would work with the stats department criteria wise as well.

VicHalomsLovechild

As far as transfers go I think Fulham are perceived by other clubs as knowing something they don't. We play good football and a percentage of players respond to their treatment here. Mitrovic and Targett are good examples of this. One feels loved and responds by scoring goals and loves us back. The other slips into Ryan's boots seamlessly and makes you think he's been here since he was ten. So if Fulham are after your man maybe he's better than you think. You and the player in question then have a bit of a moment when you and he thinks he's undervalued and so might other clubs. I wish Ryan Fredricks well but have a sneaky feeling he's not going to be as good or as valued by Hammers fans as he was with us. As much as big Clubs are hampered by the fact other Clubs think they have pots of money I think we may be hampered by having an incredibly wealthy owner and a bit of nounce.
Wiltshire may follow the money but there's a chance he'll see us as an opportunity to show what he has and get the chance to move on to somewhere far better than say West Ham.

hovewhite

West spam,they are a basketcase of a club on and off the field and no bigger than Fulham recent history wise.how long there new coach lasts is dependent on there start to the season,can't help feeling as always with them there 5minutes from a crisis through out the season.

mrmicawbers

Our training ground must be a big draw to potential signings.Very significant with regard being close to London but in a leafy suburb.What more could you ask for?

Rambler

Quote from: mrmicawbers on June 22, 2018, 11:12:20 PM
Our training ground must be a big draw to potential signings.Very significant with regard being close to London but in a leafy suburb.What more could you ask for?

Money.
But in seriousness to your comment the club being in west London and training ground barely outside west London is a big draw.
Having similar financial clout but being outside London it will be tougher to sign players I agree

HillingdonFFC

Quote from: hovewhite on June 22, 2018, 09:18:53 PM
West spam,they are a basketcase of a club on and off the field and no bigger than Fulham recent history wise.how long there new coach lasts is dependent on there start to the season,can't help feeling as always with them there 5minutes from a crisis through out the season.

Not much bigger than us?? Averaged 56,000 last season & have a fan base that dwarves ours. Been a shambles for the last couple of seasons but showing some intent & splashing some cash which is not surprising when you get given a 60k stadium for f*** all

hovewhite

Quote from: HillingdonFFC on June 22, 2018, 11:31:03 PM
Quote from: hovewhite on June 22, 2018, 09:18:53 PM

Not much bigger than us?? Averaged 56,000 last season & have a fan base that dwarves ours. Been a shambles for the last couple of seasons but showing some intent & splashing some cash which is not surprising when you get given a 60k stadium for f*** all
my piont being on the pitch they have struggled ,played crap football and not done anything and rarely threatened to do anything so achieved no more than us.
Gate wise yes! nothing else.

MrFFC

Work is being done behind the scenes I am confident that we will be in a good place come Crystal Palace
Come on you Whites!! :)

FulhamStu

How much would you pay for Mitro.  If Newcastle demanded £30M and say West Ham said they would pay £30M would you pay it if Mitro said he wanted us over them ?

I honestly think I would..., with the crazy inflated prices, as long as he continued as he has been I don't think we would lose out as the asset would only grow in value.   Get him on a long contract with a buy out clause should we get relegated or needed to reduce the wage bill etc.

mrmicawbers

Quote from: FulhamStu on June 23, 2018, 10:32:32 AM
How much would you pay for Mitro.  If Newcastle demanded £30M and say West Ham said they would pay £30M would you pay it if Mitro said he wanted us over them ?

I honestly think I would..., with the crazy inflated prices, as long as he continued as he has been I don't think we would lose out as the asset would only grow in value.   Get him on a long contract with a buy out clause should we get relegated or needed to reduce the wage bill etc.
Personally No West Ham can offer whatever they like.At the end of the day it's up to the player.They can offer him stupid money but will it make him a happy Hammer

wheelerdeeler

Quote from: FulhamStu on June 23, 2018, 10:32:32 AM

Newcastle won't get more than 20 for Mitrovic. He's surplus to requirements there, and he's not exactly been a raging success in the Prem. Once you go above 20 mill, you're talking a league above in-terms of Strikers. Think all of this World Cup talk has been overblown massively in relation to him. Especially considering barring a miracle (i.e. Serbia beating Brazil) they'll be out of the tournament this time next week.

MrFFC

I think 25 is a fair price for Mitrovic. If our budget is 70m would I want 25 spent on Mitrovic? Absolutely
Come on you Whites!! :)