watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Official Silly Season Summer Transfer Thread 2018/19

Started by Mince n Tatties, May 17, 2018, 05:58:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barrett487

Newly promoted Premier League side Fulham are considering making a summer move for AJ Auxerre midfielder Lamine Fomba.

The London outfit edged out Aston Villa in the Championship playoff final with a narrow 1-0 win on Saturday at Wembley to book their place in next season's Premier League.

Fulham joined Wolves and Cardiff in the top tier for next term and the club are already planning their summer recruitment as they look to build a squad good enough to survive in the top flight.

Owner Shahid Khan is expected to back manager Slavisa Jokanovic in the market and it has been claimed that the Cottagers are looking at France to bring in players for their squad.

According to French sports daily L'Equipe, Auxerre midfielder Fomba has emerged as a target for Fulham, who are aware of the need to add steel to the middle of the park. 

http://www.insidefutbol.com/2018/05/27/fulham-showing-interest-in-french-defensive-midfielder/376715/#ixzz5GkeeQJnK

FirstCoastFulham

Quote from: Barrett487 on May 28, 2018, 01:25:18 AM
Newly promoted Premier League side Fulham are considering making a summer move for AJ Auxerre midfielder Lamine Fomba.

The London outfit edged out Aston Villa in the Championship playoff final with a narrow 1-0 win on Saturday at Wembley to book their place in next season's Premier League.

Fulham joined Wolves and Cardiff in the top tier for next term and the club are already planning their summer recruitment as they look to build a squad good enough to survive in the top flight.

Owner Shahid Khan is expected to back manager Slavisa Jokanovic in the market and it has been claimed that the Cottagers are looking at France to bring in players for their squad.

According to French sports daily L'Equipe, Auxerre midfielder Fomba has emerged as a target for Fulham, who are aware of the need to add steel to the middle of the park. 

http://www.insidefutbol.com/2018/05/27/fulham-showing-interest-in-french-defensive-midfielder/376715/#ixzz5GkeeQJnK
6 appearances only, not sure on this one.

cmg

Quote from: OMalleyCat on May 28, 2018, 03:11:17 AM
Diego Rolan anyone?  :005:

Poor old Diego didn't have a great time of it after turning us down. He got 2 goals in LaLiga after Christmas but had a load of injury problems. His club were relegated. He didn't make the Uruguay WC squad.

The bloke we did get netted 12 goals for a team that got promotion and is off to Russia with Serbia.

Still, ne'er mind, eh?

Tabby

Quote from: cmg on May 28, 2018, 10:40:50 AM
Quote from: OMalleyCat on May 28, 2018, 03:11:17 AM
Diego Rolan anyone?  :005:

Poor old Diego didn't have a great time of it after turning us down. He got 2 goals in LaLiga after Christmas but had a load of injury problems. His club were relegated. He didn't make the Uruguay WC squad.

The bloke we did get netted 12 goals for a team that got promotion and is off to Russia with Serbia.

Still, ne'er mind, eh?

I mean, the bloke we got instead was Fonte, who managed a mighty 3 goals for one of the top scoring sides in the championship.

cmg

Quote from: Tabby on May 28, 2018, 10:55:20 AM
Quote from: cmg on May 28, 2018, 10:40:50 AM

Poor old Diego didn't have a great time of it after turning us down....

Still, ne'er mind, eh?

I mean, the bloke we got instead was Fonte, who managed a mighty 3 goals for one of the top scoring sides in the championship.

Ah, yes. Must be getting me windows confused.
At least Rui looks happy.

grandad

Mitrovic & Targett should be the first signings. Followed by Norwood a dominant CB & a strong creative CMF. Love Johansen but we should aim for the next class above.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Friendsoffulham

Bryan Swanson (40.2k followers)

@Bryan_SkySports

#FFC #NUFC Permanent deal for Mitrovic looking extremely likely. Source close to the club says they intend on doing business quickly.

Deeping_white

Dean Jones of Bleacher Report, who's also a Fulham supporter claims that we want Aden Flint this summer.

On a side note, Shaqiri's relegation clause at Stoke means that he's available for £12m which is something I think we should look at, seeing as we need a good RW this summer.

rvFFC

Quote from: Deeping_white on May 29, 2018, 10:56:55 AM
Dean Jones of Bleacher Report, who's also a Fulham supporter claims that we want Aden Flint this summer.

On a side note, Shaqiri's relegation clause at Stoke means that he's available for £12m which is something I think we should look at, seeing as we need a good RW this summer.

I think we should be aiming higher than Flint imo.

Woolly Mammoth

Aden Flint is very high, he has to be at least 6ft 5ins from the ground, which makes him very tall for his height.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

cmg

Quote from: SuperFulham323 on May 29, 2018, 11:14:14 AM
Quote from: Deeping_white on May 29, 2018, 10:56:55 AM

I think we should be aiming higher than Flint imo.

Me, too. A decent CB, Flint, not very mobile, he would give us something a bit different. But, at this stage, I'd sooner see us aiming for a bit better quality than an English CB from the Championship who has never interested the England set up (England C is for non-league players).

Madman Maddle

Flint has been linked with us quite often, so I focused on him when we played Bristol City. Dominant in the air, but doesn't have the composure to play it out of the back. In fact, I remember two occasions where he booted the ball out of play without being pressured at all. Also remember him being turned around easily by Sess. Don't think he is much better than Dan Burn and doesn't fit our style, even though his aerial presence is elite.

Shaqiri would be amazing and show real intend by Mr Khan. Obviously he'll only come at a huge wage, but that's what the PL is all about. Anytime I looked up PL scores this season, Shaqiri has been involved in all Stoke goals despite being part of a horrible side. He is a headcase but pure quality. He has the edge and special flair that can decide a game. Also RW is a big need for us. Maybe Jokane could bring the best out of him just like with Mitro. Of course we could buy 3 highly talented wingers from France for the price tag of Shaqiri. But he is a proven worldclass player who has been one of the best in the PL in recent years. Stoke being relegated is a huge opportunity to snap him up.

Count Flapula

Linked to this guy again (HITC though who are a joke / straw-clutching fantasists): http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2018/05/29/por-fulham-fancy-bristol-city-ace-flint/

Personally I'd like to see us go for ball playing CBs with proven Prem experience such as Alfie Mawson and (maybe at a stretch) Jonny Evans - both in relegated teams so maybe more willing to switch to us? Jonny Evans would command high wages (not sure on contract length so can't comment of transfer fee), but is a leader / is underrated as a ball player and would certainly improve our team - should Kahn match his comments about willingness to meet our managers ambition in the transfer market.

Deeping_white

Further to the Mitro thing, GWL or Football London were reporting that Joka is at the Serbia WC training camp and told Serbian media that he wants to sign Mitro this summer and that the clubs are in talks about it.

Mullers OG

Centre back, left back but above all right sided forward needed.   

Shaqiri would be a real prestige signing.  My only worry would be as to whether he's a bit of a luxury for a newly promoted side which needs to re-establish itself in the division.  Would he, for instance, work back to defend and help out his full back?  Isn't he in any event left footed?

We need a new Simon Davies.

Tabby

Quote from: Deeping_white on May 29, 2018, 01:46:44 PM
Further to the Mitro thing, GWL or Football London were reporting that Joka is at the Serbia WC training camp and told Serbian media that he wants to sign Mitro this summer and that the clubs are in talks about it.

Maybe he is having a chat with some of the other players as well?

BestOfBrede

Quote from: Mullers OG on May 29, 2018, 02:18:05 PM
Centre back, left back but above all right sided forward needed.   

Shaqiri would be a real prestige signing.  My only worry would be as to whether he's a bit of a luxury for a newly promoted side which needs to re-establish itself in the division.  Would he, for instance, work back to defend and help out his full back?  Isn't he in any event left footed?

We need a new Simon Davies.
or Damien Duff

@jolslover

We should be aiming better than Flint in the CB position.
Shaqiri would be a big statement of intent, Would be a top signing.
STH H3