Main Menu

The Official Silly Season Summer Transfer Thread 2018/19

Started by Mince n Tatties, May 17, 2018, 05:58:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slaphead in Qatar

Quote from: Deeping_white on July 20, 2018, 01:32:47 PM
Sky now reporting the Fabri deal is close to completion;

BREAKING NEWS

Fulham are close to agreeing a deal with Besiktas to sign goalkeeper Fabricio Ramirez, Sky Sports News understands.

Known just as 'Fabri' – the former Spain U20 is wanted to provide competition for Marcus Bettinelli following David Button's switch to Brighton.

The Whites are also interested in signing Espanyol attacker David Lopez (he's a centre half but never mind, eh, Sky) but the Catalan club are holding out for his £35.8m release clause.

Reports in Spain claim Fulham have so far offered just £18m for the 28-year-old.

so we're close to their valuation, more than 50% there  :022:

river phoenix

BREAKING NEWS

Fulham are close to agreeing a deal with Besiktas to sign goalkeeper Fabricio Ramirez, Sky Sports News understands.

Known just as 'Fabri' – the former Spain U20 is wanted to provide competition for Marcus Bettinelli following David Button's switch to Brighton.

The Whites are also interested in signing Espanyol attacker David Lopez (he's a centre half but never mind, eh, Sky) but the Catalan club are holding out for his £35.8m release clause.

Reports in Spain claim Fulham have so far offered just £18m for the 28-year-old.

If they really want €40m for a 29 years old player who they paid €4m just 2 years ago they can do one...

If €20m is not enough then look elsewhere for a new centre-back.

AllyWhite

Quote from: river phoenix on July 20, 2018, 01:59:51 PM

BREAKING NEWS

If they really want €40m for a 29 years old player who they paid €4m just 2 years ago they can do one...

If we're offering 40m, I'd rather we look for another CB elsewhere that is better and cost way less than that. Not quite making sense to me.

FulhamPHX

Quote from: Statto on July 20, 2018, 02:10:53 PM
Quote from: Barry@ENF on July 20, 2018, 11:02:16 AM
30m for a 29 year old - albeit in Euro?

The no over-28s rule has clearly been reversed, not sure we're allowed to sign anyone under 27/28 now. 

Fabri (nearly 31)
Lopez (nearly 29)
Musacchio (28 next month)
Maxime Le Marchand (nearly 29)
Seri (27)

Cost of that lot today... £60m+
Value in 3 yrs... £0

To be fair, Seri was still only 26 when he signed.   :dft011:

Rambler

£40 mil for a CB. Needs to be world class and a lot younger than 29. No thanks

Deeping_white

Quote from: AllyWhite on July 20, 2018, 02:12:56 PM

BREAKING NEWS

If we're offering 40m, I'd rather we look for another CB elsewhere that is better and cost way less than that. Not quite making sense to me.

I dont think they "want" €40m to be exact, I think they're holding out for closer to €30m going from reports I've read, but if we bid €40 then it activates his release clause and they're unable to stop the transfer short of offering him a new contract minus the clause. For that reason it's set so high that a club can't just swoop in and take him, but still €30m seems a bit steep to me, but at least it shows we're trying to recruit a centre half and aren't afraid to pay well for one even if we could probably spend that on someone better as you say.

HV71

Quote from: AllyWhite on July 20, 2018, 02:12:56 PM

BREAKING NEWS

Especially with the young Mawson still wanting a move. Maybe we want the finished article rather than potential - in someways understandable but  aroute that can prove costly to your bank balance in the future.

St Eve

wheelerdeeler

The no over-28s rule has clearly been reversed, not sure we're allowed to sign anyone under 27/28 now. 

Fabri (nearly 31)
Lopez (nearly 29)
Seri (27)

Value in 3 yrs... £0

A 33-34 year old Keeper could still retain value depending on how well he does. I doubt Seri will be here in 3 years regardless. If we stay up it means he's most likely played well and we've sold him on, and then if we go down he has some sort of release clause in his deal where we probably sell him for what we bought him for.

On the Centre-Back front if we're spending big money I'd like to see us go really ambitious and try and sign someone like Kevin Vogt from Hoffenheim who's pretty much our ideal Centre-Back and he'd add significant height as well.

AllyWhite

Quote from: wheelerdeeler on July 20, 2018, 02:36:33 PM

Fabri (nearly 31)
Lopez (nearly 29)
Seri (27)

Value in 3 yrs... £0

A 33-34 year old Keeper could still retain value depending on how well he does. I doubt Seri will be here in 3 years regardless. If we stay up it means he's most likely played well and we've sold him on, and then if we go down he has some sort of release clause in his deal where we probably sell him for what we bought him for.

On the Centre-Back front if we're spending big money I'd like to see us go really ambitious and try and sign someone like Kevin Vogt from Hoffenheim who's pretty much our ideal Centre-Back and he'd add significant height as well.

If I'm not mistaken, our legendary Edwin VDS joined us when he was 31. Gave us 4 spectacular years before becoming a legend at MU.

hovewhite

All these players mentioned are proven in there respective leagues so that ticks all the boxes for me

HV71

You are right to point out that keepers are different and can hold their value into their thirties. Centre backs though are a different story

WhiteJC

Exclusive: Newcastle hours away from sealing £20m player exit, deal could be done today

Fulham are confident of finalising a move for Newcastle striker Aleksandar Mitrovic over the weekend and it could even be wrapped up today (Friday), Football Insider sources understands.

Mitrovic has been Fulham's number one target all summer following his successful loan spell at Craven Cottage last season.

A well-placed source has told Football Insider that Fulham and Newcastle have made a breakthrough in their negotiations for Mitrovic with Fulham ready to pay up to £20million to land the striker to seal the deal in the coming hours.

Newcastle are now ready to cash-in on Mitrovic now as they know they need to raise money to fund their own transfer plans with Mitrovic not figuring in Rafa Benitez's plans at St James' Park.

Fulham boss Slavisa Jokanovic has been determined to bring Mitrovic back to West London and the player himself has snubbed other offers as he wants to return to Fulham.

The Serbian striker scored 12 goals in 20 games for Fulham to help fire them to promotion to the Premier League.

https://www.footballinsider247.com/exclusive-newcastle-hours-away-from-finalising-20m-sale/

Woolly Mammoth

BREAKING NEWS

Like Alfie Mawson who is waiting to be picked up.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Buffalo76

Marinelloguthrie

Quote from: Statto on July 20, 2018, 03:17:39 PM
At least Mitro is a youngster... although at this rate he'll be about 35 by the time we sign him
Give you that one made me laugh....

Marcel_Gecov

Brighton have rejected a bid from Hull for Ollie Norwood. Fulham are still interested in the Northern Ireland international following his loan spell last season.

This one could be slipping away... if we are considering bringing him back...

General

Quote from: Marcel_Gecov on July 20, 2018, 03:26:31 PM
Brighton have rejected a bid from Hull for Ollie Norwood. Fulham are still interested in the Northern Ireland international following his loan spell last season.

He was good for us but he's a championship player. A good one. But don't expect to see him play for us again. I'd be suprised if he did.

Marcel_Gecov

Quote from: General on July 20, 2018, 03:28:39 PM

He was good for us but he's a championship player. A good one. But don't expect to see him play for us again. I'd be suprised if he did.

I agree however if you want a player for the last 15 minutes who will not give the ball away and will try his heart out then he is perfect.

General

Quote from: Marcel_Gecov on July 20, 2018, 03:32:29 PM
Quote from: General on July 20, 2018, 03:28:39 PM

I agree however if you want a player for the last 15 minutes who will not give the ball away and will try his heart out then he is perfect.

So is Seri, Cairney, Mcdonald, Johansen, Diop, diarra etc..