https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Official Silly Season Summer Transfer Thread 2018/19

Started by Mince n Tatties, May 17, 2018, 05:58:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hovewhite

Quote from: bobby01 on July 29, 2018, 07:47:21 PM
Bobby Zamora has signed for Brighton,',,,,, ,,   As club ambassador
great for Brighton as he was a great proffesional.
2010 very important player in our run to euru final if he'd been fully fit I believe we'd have won it!
Thanks Bobby Z respect

General

So sounds like both Mitro and Mawson could possibly be announced on the same day - Tuesday!  If both are in the final stages and just need to do medical.. or late evening tomorrow?

Riversider

To all the people on this thread that have posted concerns about our finances and current spending ,our owner Shahid Khan, has a reported personal wealth of 8,000 million !!!
8,000 million pounds, let that figure sink in for a moment,
Shahid Khan spending 50 or 60 or 70 million pounds on players is the equivalent of me spending £5 on my lunch,
We need to spend big this summer and again next summer then after that it will plateau out and it will be a case of 2 or 3 in and 2 or 3 out the same as everybody else,

So please stop fretting and losing sleep over the finances of one of the wealthiest men on Planet Earth, and just enjoy the moment,
COYSW
⚪⚫⚪⚫⚪⚫🔴⚪⚫⚪⚫⚪⚫

Barrett487

Rehashed news i reckon.... it's good old reliable HITC

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2018/07/29/tt-report-fulham-in-new-targett-bid-as-move-for-manchester-citys/

Report: Fulham in new Targett bid as move for Manchester City's Zinchenko said too complicated

According to the Mirror (live transfer thread, July 29 at 17:27), Fulham have made a new bid for Southampton's Matt Targett after considering a move for Manchester City's Oleksandr Zinchenko as too complicated.

The report claims the Saints are ready to listen to Fulham's raised bid for the left-back, while Werder Bremen's Ludwig Augustinsson was another name the Cottagers were said to be considering, but opted against.

Targett spent the second half of last season on loan at Craven Cottage and thoroughly impressed, helping the club achieve promotion to the Premier League via the Championship playoffs.

Fulham boss Slavisa Jokanovic has made no secret of his desire to sign the former England U21 international on a permanent deal, but so far Southampton have been reluctant to sell.

It seems as if the Cottagers had moved on and switched their attentions to Manchester City's Zinchenko, yet a move for the Citizens ace has been cited as too complicated with the Ukrainian seemingly keen to stay (the Mirror).

Holders

Quote from: Riversider on July 29, 2018, 08:20:49 PM
To all the people on this thread that have posted concerns about our finances and current spending ,our owner Shahid Khan, has a reported personal wealth of 8,000 million !!!
Shahid Khan spending 50 or 60 or 70 million pounds on players is the equivalent of me spending £5 on my lunch,
We need to spend big this summer and again next summer then after that it will plateau out and it will be a case of 2 or 3 in and 2 or 3 out the same as everybody else,

So please stop fretting and losing sleep over the finances of one of the wealthiest men on Planet Earth, and just enjoy the moment,
COYSW
⚪⚫⚪⚫⚪⚫🔴⚪⚫⚪⚫⚪⚫

And all from car boots
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

DevonFFC

Quote from: Holders on July 29, 2018, 08:27:12 PM

COYSW
⚪⚫⚪⚫⚪⚫🔴⚪⚫⚪⚫⚪⚫

And all from car boots

Bumpers but I got the gag  :005:

Barrett487

https://readsouthampton.com/2018/07/29/fulham-make-improved-offer-for-matt-targett/

Fulham have reportedly returned with a fresh offer for Southampton defender Matt Targett.

The Whites remain desperate to complete a deal for Targett before the transfer window slams shut on August 9 and according to the Mirror, an 'improved offer' has been submitted.

It was reported earlier on this month that Fulham had made a new proposal of £8 million for the Saints defender. However, it seems Slavisa Jokanovic's side have since upped their efforts the recruit Targett.

The Saints' academy graduate spent the second half of last season on loan at Craven Cottage and enjoyed a successful stint. Targett helped the club secure promotion to the Premier League, and now they want to land him on a permanent basis.

Targett is currently behind Ryan Bertrand in the pecking order of left-backs at Southampton, although he has featured regularly under Mark Hughes in pre-season so far.

Fulham have been busy in the transfer window and it looks as though they are determined to lure Targett away from St Mary's Stadium in the next two weeks.

cmg

Quote from: bobby01 on July 29, 2018, 07:47:21 PM
Bobby Zamora has signed for Brighton,',,,,, ,,   As club ambassador

I got this bloke very wrong. For the first few seasons with us I thought that he wasn't scoring the small number of goals necessary to justify his place as a forward, despite his obvious other useful contributions. Then, when he did start scoring and becoming the best English player of his type for a while, I thought he didn't like being here and wasn't really in love with the game.
His subsequent determination to prolong his career disproved the latter point and his moving and sincere message to the squad before the play-off final disproved the former.
Good luck to him in his future role and I apologise for my doubts (although he won't ever read it!) 

deano_632

501 Football News
@501FootballNews
Alfie Mawson has completed his move to Fulham.

#Done #FFC #SCFC

Posted around 50mins ago.... we know what the itks are like on twitter but I hope this is true

Mince n Tatties

COYSW
⚪⚫⚪⚫⚪⚫🔴⚪⚫⚪⚫⚪⚫

You get £5 for lunch,lucky you.
The wife only gives me 30 bob and a couple of Alka Seltzers.😩

Barrett487

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on July 29, 2018, 09:23:54 PM

COYSW
⚪⚫⚪⚫⚪⚫🔴⚪⚫⚪⚫⚪⚫

You get £5 for lunch,lucky you.
The wife only gives me 30 bob and a couple of Alka Seltzers.😩

Two Alka Seltzers? You're lucky!

MJG

COYSW
⚪⚫⚪⚫⚪⚫🔴⚪⚫⚪⚫⚪⚫
It's not about worrying about Khan's wealth it about how Fulham is doing in its current situation.
It's of interest to quite a few on here with regards the finances of the club, if you don't care then pass on by the posts.
Just the views of a long term fan

Riverside

[/quote]It's not about worrying about Khan's wealth it about how Fulham is doing in its current situation.
It's of interest to quite a few on here with regards the finances of the club, if you don't care then pass on by the posts.
[/quote]

I am with you MJG
I currently believe we are going to spend £100 million !!!
I assume the club can afford this with any Financial Rules around ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Woolly Mammoth

It may end up being well in excess of £100m, depending how circumstances pan out.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Riversider

Quote from: MJG on July 29, 2018, 09:40:06 PM

COYSW
⚪⚫⚪⚫⚪⚫🔴⚪⚫⚪⚫⚪⚫
It's not about worrying about Khan's wealth it about how Fulham is doing in its current situation.

Seriously , you worry to much, 3 seasons in the Premier League and he will be getting his money back and some,
I wonder if Wolves fans are enjoying their summer or are they wetting the bed like some on here ?
Moments in time like this are few and far between, embrace it and enjoy.

General

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on July 29, 2018, 11:37:37 PM
It may end up being well in excess of £100m, depending how circumstances pan out.

I like this. Not for the fact we're spending that much (I loathe the sums in the modern game), but more for the sign of intent, the desire it shows to be taken seriously and to be confidently ambitious and because it's linked to the desire to grow this club and have confidence in who we are as a club,  what we can offer and more.  I know the first few years were a bit of a nightmare but starting to really respect the khan's as a unit.

To fire your best friend to back the manager and acknowledge his talent, to support it, to use the loan window so well when in the Championship; to rebuild properly, to put an onus on the academy, to play football the right way, to then reward the players whove done well for you properly and more and possibly even listen to fans to incorporate more club history into the new stand (which feels like it may actually get built), to be open with communication to fans. .. it's all a very solid outlook. Just hope they're around for a long time, maintain the ambition and growth and don't forget the fans as the club continues to grow by charging astronomical prices for games.

The fact we've spend perhaps around 40m now and brought in 4 quality players and potentially may be spending over 60 more is a powerful statement of how far we've come as a club.

Want to thank MAF even more now for his initial investment and stewardship and due diligence into the khan's and selling the club to them.

Would be great if we could dedicate one of the games next season to MAF and his legacy and another to shahid and Tony and theirs.

Riversider

Quote from: General on July 30, 2018, 01:44:13 AM
Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on July 29, 2018, 11:37:37 PM

I like this. Not for the fact we're spending that much (I loathe the sums in the modern game), but more for the sign of intent, the desire it shows to be taken seriously and to be confidently ambitious and because it's linked to the desire to grow this club and have confidence in who we are as a club,  what we can offer and more.  I know the first few years were a bit of a nightmare but starting to really respect the khan's as a unit.

To fire your best friend to back the manager and acknowledge his talent, to support it, to use the loan window so well when in the Championship; to rebuild properly, to put an onus on the academy, to play football the right way, to then reward the players whove done well for you properly and more and possibly even listen to fans to incorporate more club history into the new stand (which feels like it may actually get built), to be open with communication to fans. .. it's all a very solid outlook. Just hope they're around for a long time, maintain the ambition and growth and don't forget the fans as the club continues to grow by charging astronomical prices for games.

The fact we've spend perhaps around 40m now and brought in 4 quality players and potentially may be spending over 60 more is a powerful statement of how far we've come as a club.

Want to thank MAF even more now for his initial investment and stewardship and due diligence into the khan's and selling the club to them.

Would be great if we could dedicate one of the games next season to MAF and his legacy and another to shahid and Tony and theirs.

Im with you on this as far as the intent is concerned,
There are two ways to enter the Premier League,
Option 1, stroll up to the front door, and gently tap on the door and at the same time politely ask "Hello is anybody there"
Or
Option 2, The Michael Caine approach and you can "Blow the bloody doors off"

Thankfully Fulham and Wolves (who are both a breath of fresh air to the Premier League) have both chosen to take the Michael Caine approach, and long may it continue.

RaySmith

The owner and club obviously realise that we need a squad of top quality players to compete in the Prem, and they are pursuing this goal it seems.

But people did doubt  that they realised this, or   if they did, would do much about it, with dire warnings, just a couple of weeks ago,  of  hardly being able to field a team for our first game of the season.

Now we do  have top players in, and  seem in the process of  ensuring we havegood  players, and cover, for most positions, as far as is possible in the short time between Wembley's triumph and  the season's start.

Though obviously thee is little times for players to gel together, but I feel that care has been taken to get in players who will fit into Fulham's style, and team ethos, with  favourites Mitro, and possibly Targett , coming back too.

But, I  don't think anyone should be complacent.
We need to hit the ground running in this very competitive  league. I am very excited  about the coming season, but also  don't know how things will  develop, but they way we've added to the squad, and the ambition and determination to success shown,  gives me greater confidence that we will at least survive, and hopefully prosper, than before.

MJG

Quote from: Riversider on July 29, 2018, 11:57:25 PM
Quote from: MJG on July 29, 2018, 09:40:06 PM

COYSW
⚪⚫⚪⚫⚪⚫🔴⚪⚫⚪⚫⚪⚫

Seriously , you worry to much, 3 seasons in the Premier League and he will be getting his money back and some,
I wonder if Wolves fans are enjoying their summer or are they wetting the bed like some on here ?
Moments in time like this are few and far between, embrace it and enjoy.
who's worrying? You seem more concerned about other posters than they are about Khan.
And I reckon we can multi task and not everything has to be in black and white, so yes we can all enjoy the moment and look at bigger picture as well.
Just the views of a long term fan