watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Villa twitter (they are a salty lot)

Started by flyingfish, May 20, 2018, 07:52:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woolly Mammoth

Coldhands, in poker means that each player is dealt 5 cards ♥️  ♦️ face up, and the highest hand wins.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Holders

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on May 21, 2018, 09:56:42 AM
Coldhands in poker means that each player is dealt 5 cards ♥️  ♦️ face up, and the highest wins.

Sounds like a game of real skill.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

WhiteJC

it makes you wonder who they're trying to convince? sounds like whistling in the dark to me

filham

Quote from: rubbernecca on May 20, 2018, 09:31:29 PM
Aston Villa - sounds fancy but it's not.

The name to be used at Wemblel is Aston Vanilla, it is a special frozen solid type of ice cream.

I remember their cousins from Birmingham, then top divisions, in the 1975 FA Cup semi final against us at Sheffield, they too were over the top with superiority. We beat them , we could now do the same to Vanilla.

Coldhands

Quote from: flyingfish on May 21, 2018, 07:12:25 AM
Quote from: Coldhands on May 21, 2018, 07:01:14 AM
He made a statement that didn't bear much scrutiny. He said we'd won nothing, when we have won more in that time than all but 5 or 6 clubs out the 92, including trophies Man City still dream of.

You're missing the point. Which is that you're all so angry about this. And that none of this counts for anything on the pitch on Saturday. Yet you and a bunch of other angry young men, who weren't even born when the events you mention took place, seem to think that the play off match is an irrelevance and you should just get promoted in recognition of your 'history '.

You're making several assumptions. I am not angry, merely correct the factual hole in his comment that "we've won nothing in 40 years". No more no less.

Coldhands

Quote from: Twig on May 21, 2018, 09:29:08 AM
This Coldhands guy is a bit of a jerk (I assume his real name is Luke?).  Seriously, who cares whether it was 40 or 36 years ago that they last won anything?  Statto made a perfectly fair point and he displays exactly the sad bitterness that the OP was commenting on.  Talk about proving the point!
The ground has seen better days, the squad is ageing, the glory days are past.  I'm not gloating, I will freely admit that they were a bigger club than we have ever been, but these clubs and their fans that think their past glories entitle them to success in the present day are living dangerously.  Just look at Leeds as an example.

He made a foolish point, based on ignorance. 5 trophies isn't brilliant, but it's better than most.

Why would I look to Leeds? A traditional 2nd division club whose won not a great deal?

I'm not trying to provoke a bigger club debate. There isn't one to be had. But I will correct inaccuracies.

flyingfish

Quote from: Coldhands on May 21, 2018, 10:18:21 AM
This Coldhands guy is a bit of a jerk (I assume his real name is Luke?).  Seriously, who cares whether it was 40 or 36 years ago that they last won anything?  Statto made a perfectly fair point and he displays exactly the sad bitterness that the OP was commenting on.  Talk about proving the point!
The ground has seen better days, the squad is ageing, the glory days are past.  I'm not gloating, I will freely admit that they were a bigger club than we have ever been, but these clubs and their fans that think their past glories entitle them to success in the present day are living dangerously.  Just look at Leeds as an example.

He made a foolish point, based on ignorance. 5 trophies isn't brilliant, but it's better than most.

Why would I look to Leeds? A traditional 2nd division club whose won not a great deal?

I'm not trying to provoke a bigger club debate. There isn't one to be had. But I will correct inaccuracies.

Thank you for going out of your way to do so. We all stand corrected.

(can you tell that no-one gives a poo? Jeez, talk about failing to read a room.)

Coldhands

Thank you for taking the time to register your disinterest.

KJS

Quote from: Coldhands on May 21, 2018, 10:32:48 AM

Its not disinterest its just that we've never had the Pleasure of a Village Idiot posting on here in fact you have even made Brentford fans look intelligent :54:

Holders

Quote from: KJS on May 21, 2018, 10:39:01 AM

Its not disinterest its just that we've never had the Pleasure of a Village Idiot posting on here in fact you have even made Brentford fans look intelligent :54:

He clearly doesn't know what disinterest means. No-one on this board is disinterested, we all support FFC or AV, therefore we have an interest. Perhaps he means uninterested.

Chesh

Quote from: Coldhands on May 21, 2018, 10:18:21 AM

Mate, it was a great achievement to win the league and European Cup in 81 and 82 (remember it well and was over the moon for you), but since then you've won a couple of league cups and reached 2 FA Cup finals, losing both. Hardly a stellar last 35 years and more recently you've been no 'bigger' than us, especially during the last 10 years where we have reached our own European Final.

The one thing you'll always have on us is the size of your support - and that is just a geographical certainty - one of only 2 clubs in the second largest city in England (competing with Birmingham) compared to one of a dozen (at least) in London competing with some very successful teams, one of which in our own borough of course.

However, on Saturday we will be on a level playing field, having just sold our full allocation, and if we play close to our best we will have a great chance of getting back up to the Premier League and would deserve it just as much as Villa.
Made in Hammersmith (1968)

Andy S

The End.   MMXVIII

b+w geezer

Yes, exactly Chesh. I was also delighted when Mortimer lifted that cup, just as many were rooting for us against Atletico Madrid. Over the years, I've seen us W, L and D, including a 0-0 at VP when my neighbour literally dozed off it was so soporific. Saturday should be at the other extreme, but is still only about the title of 23rd in England. Neither set of supporters would have been keen on that status till recently. All that stuff is best left on the back-burner in my view too.

flyingfish

Quote from: Holders on May 21, 2018, 10:43:40 AM
Quote from: KJS on May 21, 2018, 10:39:01 AM

He clearly doesn't know what disinterest means. No-one on this board is disinterested, we all support FFC or AV, therefore we have an interest. Perhaps he means uninterested.

:005:

Coldhands

He has a disinterest in what I say. I have a disinterest in furthering a debate on the meaning of disinterest in all honesty.

FFCFOREVER

Quote from: Coldhands on May 21, 2018, 11:12:47 AM
He has a disinterest in what I say. I have a disinterest in furthering a debate on the meaning of disinterest in all honesty.
So jog on then pal and post on your own forums.You are very boring.

Holders

https://www.amazon.com/Teach-Yourself-Correct-English-Reference/dp/0340867868

Coldhands

Quote from: FFCFOREVER on May 21, 2018, 12:00:44 PM

Oh dear. Danny Dyer is here.

KJS

Quote from: Coldhands on May 21, 2018, 01:41:51 PM
Quote from: FFCFOREVER on May 21, 2018, 12:00:44 PM

Oh dear. Danny Dyer is here.

God are you on Half term already?? Go out to play with you imaginary friend and let the adults get on with their work (Work is what we do down south in case you wondered what it meant!)

Coldhands

You need to work? How awfully quaint.