watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Villa twitter (they are a salty lot)

Started by flyingfish, May 20, 2018, 07:52:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mrmicawbers

Decent people from Gloucester in my experience.One of my best mates Graham lives there, Fulham Fan though.Coming back from holiday early to support the Whites at Wembley.

fulham traveller

Quote from: BestOfBrede on May 22, 2018, 06:56:26 PM
Quote from: fulham traveller on May 22, 2018, 06:42:55 PM
Nice guy villa fan from Gloucester, tough game I would make villa favorites. They will play like brum did against us, and hurt us from set pieces, but if it's  level after 70 mins I would then fancy us
70 mins!
Not very much faith in us then?
We usually start slow, think Bruce will look to stop us playing, and sit with 10 men behind the ball

Stevie S

Odds for 90 mins win

Fulham 5/4 Villa 9/4

Anytime win

Fulham 4/7. Villa 6/4

Fair that you (Fulham) would be favourites - but I think the odds have lengthened because a rush of money.

BTW tickets in your end are/were selling for £ 120 - tickets in the Villa end - as much as £900. I think you might have some guests on Saturday.... :clap_hands:

KJS

If there are any in level 5 then they better behave or learn to fly!

ffcne

Quote from: Stevie S on May 23, 2018, 02:39:41 AM
Odds for 90 mins win

Fulham 5/4 Villa 9/4

Anytime win

Fulham 4/7. Villa 6/4

Fair that you (Fulham) would be favourites - but I think the odds have lengthened because a rush of money.

BTW tickets in your end are/were selling for £ 120 - tickets in the Villa end - as much as £900. I think you might have some guests on Saturday.... :clap_hands:

Is this a Villa board now . Why dont they just leave us alone.
Obsessed about tickets .Apparently we will have 8000 empty seats .
Who gives a toss about the odds ?
May the best team win.   

FirstCoastFulham

Wasn't going to enter this poo-sling but when in reference to the tweet quoted by OP, when I hear the phrase "tourist club" Fulham ain't what I think of. Think the tourist set tend to be more interested in the blueshite up the road, and fair play to 'em, personally the first word that comes to mind when I see the Bridge is "eyesore."

Anyway it'll be a good match, hope to see us come out on the better end of it, but from now til then (and after) friendly reminder that the loudest people on Twitter aren't necessarily representative of the populations they claim to represent c.f. a certain tangerine weasel pretending it's a world leader

Stevie S

Quote from: Statto on May 23, 2018, 08:10:52 AM

BTW tickets in your end are/were selling for £ 120 - tickets in the Villa end - as much as £900. I think you might have some guests on Saturday....

I've never met a set of fans with such a hostile attitude to reality. Truly Astounding.

Is that what you read into my post? "A hostile attitude to reality"  ?? I assume you are talking about something else...? Smh

ffcne

Quote from: Stevie S on May 23, 2018, 05:15:37 PM
Quote from: Statto on May 23, 2018, 08:10:52 AM

BTW tickets in your end are/were selling for £ 120 - tickets in the Villa end - as much as £900. I think you might have some guests on Saturday....

I've never met a set of fans with such a hostile attitude to reality. Truly Astounding.

Is that what you read into my post? "A hostile attitude to reality"  ?? I assume you are talking about something else...? Smh

Sad case spending time here.
Go back to your big club message board .
And all have a sing song Kumbaya  my Lord.
And fawn over JT and his blue badge.
Bye 

RoyTund

I'm sorry but its implausible that we would have 2000 people with a booking history this year effectively being touts  buying 4 extra to sell on. Last week villa etc said we wouldn't get near to selling out so seems a bloody risk to take for a tiny potential profit. And how on earth could villa tickets be for resale. I thought only 100% true committed fans could buy as they are such a massive club. Villa fans taking the trump approach. Just saying it enough to think its true.

Samjack

Late to this thread but totally agree with the OP. I have never known a fan base like it. Twitter, their forums, the local press. They are obsessed with us and trying to run us down all the time whilst being the most arrogant and self entitled mob I've ever known. There's no humour in it either. They are proper facety. I got a Birmingham mate who has been slagging off the villa fan base to me for years about being a humourless, arrogant lot and I just assumed he was a bitter local rival. But EVERYTHING he has said seems to be true. It must be something about being a massive club that has lost its status but I've never known a fan base like it. As the OP says, a proper salty bunch.

BestOfBrede

I had a new bed delivered last Friday and the geezer was a Wolves fan - blimey very passionately supporting us because of hatred to Villa!
I think if we do win he may come back to buy me a pint!

Stevieboy

Yes, found that to on their website....went for a nose to see what they are saying about us.
Not much talk about how they are going to play football, all about our clappers and how massive a club they are.

Mind you apparantley I have won loads of Argos vouchers, a lawn mower and countless other rewards.....a very strange web site.

064.gif :wine: 049:gif

ffcthereligion

Isnt it nice knowing that whatever happens on saturday, we will have the last laugh - they're back off to birmingham at the end of the day!

b+w geezer

It's honestly their fault for being in this situation. Clubs in Playoff finals are more typically Fulham's size, more or less, in terms of history and support base. We are hardly dwarfed by Huddersfield and Reading, for example, who sold out their allocations this time last season -- presumably not to Villa supporters!

Tough luck if you are too "big" a club off the pitch or too successful in earlier times to "deserve" to be sparring with the Readings, Cardiffs and Fulhams in 2018.  Do better on the actual pitch and you won't need to! One of the aforementioned has already returned to the top division, and if the 2010 Europa League finalists win on Saturday there will be no injustice about them doing so too.

Whoever triumphs can then mix it come August with Huddersfield, Bournemouth, Watford, etc.