watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Matt Targett

Started by Maidstone Lee, May 25, 2018, 11:31:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maidstone Lee

Have to say I think Matt Targett is quietly becoming one of my favourite players.

Leaves everything on the pitch and has been involved in so many of our chances this season. Whether we go up or not, I think we should make it a priority to sign him on a permanent deal. Made a huge impact since he arrived in Jan, the team has so much more balance with him playing.

On a side note -I can't wait to get today out the way and get to Wembley tomorrow afternoon! Regardless of what happens, it'll be a day none of us forget! COYW
049:gif
Stand up if you still believe!
@LeeWarner19

Milo

Very good since he came. Shame he got injured/unwell for crunch Birmingham game as I think it cost us with those goals. Was shaky. But Derby 2nd leg seemed to be back to close to normal service resumed.

Bassey the warrior

Yeah I really rate him, especially going forward. His delivery is superb.

Facts Not Fiction

As Southampton have stayed up, it will be much easier to sign Targett. Even easier still if we get promoted.

gezkc

He's been a pivotal player since he joined us, not only because of his own ability as a player, but because it's allowed Sess to play up front.
It's no coincidence that our impressive run began following his signing (and Mitro's of course).

twang

He's been absolutely great for us, no question about that, but I just feel his level has dropped considerably the last three games. It could be that he's been carrying some niggling injury.

However he put one on a plate for Mitro to head home and crossed the ball to Stef for our first goal in the second leg v Derby so he's still making huge contributions even when off form.

RaySmith

I thought he was brilliant at home to Derby - such an important signing, if only on loan.

filham

Quote from: twang on May 25, 2018, 01:19:39 PM
He's been absolutely great for us, no question about that, but I just feel his level has dropped considerably the last three games. It could be that he's been carrying some niggling injury.

However he put one on a plate for Mitro to head home and crossed the ball to Stef for our first goal in the second leg v Derby so he's still making huge contributions even when off form.
Yes I too think his performance has dropped since his injury/sickness and am just hoping he is back to his best for Wembley.

Twig

Quote from: twang on May 25, 2018, 01:19:39 PM

His performance level did drop away (he didn't seem to have the mobility he usually shoes), but I think he showed enough against Derby at the Cottage to suggest he will be right back and up for it on Saturday.