watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Liverpools scum fans

Started by Fulham Joe, May 27, 2018, 12:58:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fulham Joe

Calling for the death of their goalkeeper, what utter scum.
I wasn't overjoyed that Real Madrid won, but I am now.

EastEndWhite

Bill Shankley will be spinning in his grave.

the nutflush

Feel sorry for the poor bugger.  Would be his worst game since under12s and he chose the Champions League final. 

grandad

They can have Button for £50 mil.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Neil D

What was really despicable was how none of the Liverpool players consoled him at the end.  That was left to the Real players - Ronaldo, if I'm not mistaken.  So much for esprit de corps.

Pud

Quote from: Neil D on May 27, 2018, 01:32:37 PM
What was really despicable was how none of the Liverpool players consoled him at the end.  That was left to the Real players - Ronaldo, if I'm not mistaken.  So much for esprit de corps.

Yup. Liverpool fans and players disgraced themselves last night.

Lyle from Hangeland

Hypocrites for sure... "You'll Never Walk Alone" -- unless you let in two in the Champions League Final.

RaySmith

They were so cocky beforehand - I thought 'you're going to come a cropper.'

FirstCoastFulham

Liverpool are at times more of a cult than a fandom. Any minor dissent from the party line, any doubt over the outcome of a match for example, is completely and utterly not tolerated. My experiences with Liverpool fans have mostly been frightening in the extent to which football, and winning, consume their lives. It's like they can't enjoy the game for what it is unless they're 2-0 up in every game.

grandad

I hope they will respect 29 May anniversary.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Neil D

Whitesideup

Quote from: Neil D on May 27, 2018, 05:17:06 PM
Quote from: grandad on May 27, 2018, 04:20:45 PM
Don't hold your breath on that one.
https://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/may/27/heysel-stadium-disaster-30th-anniversary
Awful reading. Yet they like to present themselves as the good guys, the real football supporters. And apparently ( I haven't personally seen or heard them) the totally despicable comments about their keeper. This has to be the worst moment in his life and he needs support, not abuse. They also have a charming song about supporters of London football teams they want to "kick in the head .. until they're dead".  Yeah, walk alone .. I don't care. But I like Klopp and the football they play now.

Twig

Quote from: Lyle from Hangeland on May 27, 2018, 03:40:39 PM
Hypocrites for sure... "You'll Never Walk Alone" -- unless you let in two in the Champions League Final.

Nailed it.

Lyle from Hangeland

Quote from: FirstCoastFulham on May 27, 2018, 03:56:05 PM
Liverpool are at times more of a cult than a fandom. Any minor dissent from the party line, any doubt over the outcome of a match for example, is completely and utterly not tolerated. My experiences with Liverpool fans have mostly been frightening in the extent to which football, and winning, consume their lives. It's like they can't enjoy the game for what it is unless they're 2-0 up in every game.

Yep... they sit very high on their Hillsborough high horse.

res

Quote from: grandad on May 27, 2018, 04:20:45 PM

They won't, the majority have forgotten or just want to disregard it. Always thought there was too much of an element of thuggishness about Liverpool fans. The Man City coach demolition proved that.

The Rock

Perhaps it was fixed? Odd no one has mentioned this. Things are not always what they seem. That does not happen.

So true though - you never walk alone, until you walk alone? Really surprised. Fake fans?

Oakeshott

"What was really despicable was how none of the Liverpool players consoled him at the end.  That was left to the Real players - Ronaldo, if I'm not mistaken.  So much for esprit de corps."

I too thought that very striking, though at least the manager was supportive of the keeper in an interview.

All goalkeepers (and all outfield players) make the odd howler - I was at Tottenham when Tony Macedo bowled the ball to Jimmy Greaves, then arguably the best finisher in the country, and we got a not dissimilar goal at Arsenal some years ago. But two in one game is the stuff of recurrent nightmares for the poor chap.

Had something similar happened to us at Wembley we'd have been hugely disappointed but I doubt anyone would be calling for our keeper's head or, less wickedly, that he "should never wear the shirt again".