watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Fredericks - retrospective action ?

Started by bahay18, May 27, 2018, 04:51:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bahay18

The media seems pretty much decided that it was a deliberate act . It went unpunished , could he get a retrospective ban ala Tim Cahill ?

RaySmith

I'm sure the media would rewrite the result if they could, for their darlings.
My response - shove it!
049:gif

Lighthouse

Well he didn't look down so did he put his foot down early in a deliberate attempt to stamp? Grealish also deliberately flung himself to the floor as if he had been shot by a sniper. So I am still doubtful if the stamp was deliberate but then I would say that. Fred was complaining that Grealish took a dive when the whistle went. 
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Whitesideup

Have only seen it a couple of times but it followed a reckless challenge by Grealish and Ryan didn't quite make it over him. I think you can make the case that he could have extended his step and not land on Grealish. Equally, I think that there was no real indication of a stamp, just a natural movement in his run, no real indication of malice.  However, my extensive opinion poll of neutrals, (well, a Gooners supporter down the golf club)  tend not to share this view. I would point out though that the ref had a very good view of the incident and he agreed with me. Now, there's a first. So for me, no, no retrospective action, but they may well listen to the pundits rather than the professional in charge.

grandad

My view after watching the incident many times is that Fredericks was making an attempt to go after the loose ball. The fact that the wimpy kid was rolling all over the place made it hard for Fredericks to know exactly where his foot would land. Compared with the lunge through Cairney which should have been a red, no action should be taken.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Robbie

The problem we have for the PL is that we have a number of card-able players.

Notably:

Freds
Stefjo

The PL refs are much quicker to give cards and pens.

Whitesideup

Quote from: Robbie on May 27, 2018, 05:23:10 PM

Notably:

Freds
Stefjo

I don't think we have Freds yet.

Steven Ageroad

It happened directly in front of the 4th official so he must have had some input. Personally, seeing the replays it looked like a red to me. Would have been really pee'd off if Villa had done that to Cairney.

bahay18

I've just watched it back at real time from the main camera . interestingly there is no reaction from Bruce ( he is already appealing for the original foul where grealish through himself to the floor ) , no reaction from any villa player , no reaction from the bench . i wonder whether Ryan is a victim of the slow mo because it only looks bad as all fouls do when slowed down , otherwise it does look like a genuine attempt to get past a player rolling around on the floor for no particular reason  . If you roll around the floor you are likely to get trodden on ?

Stoneleigh Loyalist

Sorry folks  but I have no doubt that both Fredericks and Grealish should have been sent off , Ryan
because it looked deliberate enough to me and Grealish because his challenge was absolutely reckless.

Poor Denis had to be punished for being so clumsy but he did get us there.

Holders

Whatever the rights and wrongs, the ref saw the incident and awarded a free kick. So far as I understand that's the end of the matter.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

The Rock

Quote from: Stoneleigh Loyalist on May 27, 2018, 09:00:44 PM
Sorry folks  but I have no doubt that both Fredericks and Grealish should have been sent off , Ryan
because it looked deliberate enough to me and Grealish because his challenge was absolutely reckless.

Poor Denis had to be punished for being so clumsy but he did get us there.

Completely disagree. The ref's made the right choice by letting the game flow. Both were Yellows. If they were going to be abnormally harsh, both were reds.

Most importantly, there was consistency!

Puts this thread to bed.

Andy S

Yes I agree. For me it is what is in the players head for both decisions. Only the players know the truth so there should be no recriminations against any player

NogoodBoyo

Quote from: grandad on May 27, 2018, 05:20:11 PM
My view after watching the incident many times is that Fredericks was making an attempt to go after the loose ball. The fact that the wimpy kid was rolling all over the place made it hard for Fredericks to know exactly where his foot would land. Compared with the lunge through Cairney which should have been a red, no action should be taken.
This is much how I saw it.  Grealish threw himself at Fred's legs with his back and was shielding the ball with his body which Fred wanted to get to.
Grealish's leg on the ground was in the way of Fred's next step.  However, on balance it was awfully close to a red card and since it was on the halfway line, it was a very irresponsible action by Fredericks.
Nogood "Grealish will be wearing those stud marks for a while though, isit" Boyo   

One Martin Thomas

Fred will get punished retrospectively and I'm personally 50:50 on whether he did it on purpose.

gezkc

Does it really matter? We're already promoted. Fred hasn't even signed a contract with us yet, so might not even be playing for us next season. If he's punished, it might not even be our problem.

RaySmith

Quote from: Robbie on May 27, 2018, 05:23:10 PM

Notably:

Freds
Stefjo

But you need players in your team who will compete, especially defensively, who will give their all, without stopping to think about every single  tackle in the heat of battle.

Previously, Fulham have been seen as a bit of a soft touch, too 'nice', and thus  won't win anything.
It's a thin line these days, when tackling is very policed, between between being competitive, and  getting cards- and thus a liability.

Neither Steff or Fred are a liablity in my opinion, but players who have been an integral part of our success.