watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

How's the nerves

Started by Amberram, May 25, 2018, 07:13:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Amberram

How's the nerves guys. I remember how I was before the QPR final, a bag of jelly.
Good luck tomorrow and hopefully you can forget about 83.
I think you have got some closure after the semi against us.

Cheers
Amber ram 082.gif

fulhamben

Honestly, I was a lot worse the day before Derby at home. All week I've been bouncing around between super excited, and sick with nerves. I'm on a nice even keel at the moment and looking forward to fantastic day. COYWS
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Amberram

I went to Wembley with my young son, we had a great day until the Zamora bit.

We sat right at the back in with the gods.
It's along way down those steps when you have lost.
:016:
Someone's got to lose I suppose.

alfie

I was not nervous until you mentioned it, thanks
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Amberram

Just enjoy the roller coaster, your not dead yet.

Luka

Made a point of getting out of the the UK for a couple of days on a business trip.
Just got back, a bottle Rioja the better, and feeling super calm about everything.
A quick visit now to go on line betting for the match and then I'm ready for the day.
COYW.

Amberram

SuffolkWhite

Always felt we would do well tomorrow if we got past Derby. So just excited now and looking forwstd to it. No nerves yet  049:gif
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

F(f)CUK

Truly excited and nervous. Don't take offence but I don't want us to play Derby next season.

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

One more sleep away, I hope
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

ChesterTheTabby

After watching the "We are all behind you video", I am a wreck of nerves. It broke the remaining strings of composure that I had. COME ON FULHAM YOU BEAUTIES.
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

Barrett487

Thanks for your good wishes Amberam

Nerves have always been part of being a Fulham fan, we're not always optimistic however there's a sense of belief this time round.

As for your other point, I think many of us will struggle to forget the 83 game, but as you know... time heals eventually. There was some mention of it in the lead-up to our recent play-off games. What happened was a disgrace and in the following years we had to sell our best players, we dropped through the divisions and nearly went out of existence. The younger generations of Fulham fans will, i think, will be more forgiving.

Fulhamboy1111

Truly....I'm nervous then feel confident then nervous etc etc deep down though I believe the boys' have something special in them for tomorrow -⚽️⚽️❤️❤️⚽️

Barrett487

Quote from: Fulhamboy1111 on May 26, 2018, 12:05:07 AM
Truly....I'm nervous then feel confident then nervous etc etc deep down though I believe the boys' have something special in them for tomorrow -⚽️⚽️❤️❤️⚽️
Same here... i think that once we're in the area/pub/stadium we'll just relax into the day....... Then the game starts  :drums:

Woolly Mammoth

I cannot believe how relaxed I am as I speak.
I hope it's a good sign, maybe I will start getting the jitters tomorrow, but I have felt more and more relaxed as the match gets nearer. Very odd but a very nice feeling to be cool as a cucumber.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Barrett487

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on May 26, 2018, 12:15:46 AM
I cannot believe how relaxed I am as I speak.
I hope it's a good sign, maybe I will start getting the jitters tomorrow, but I have felt more and more relaxed as the match gets nearer. Very odd but a very nice feeling to be cool as a cucumber.
Have you ever tried boiled cucumber?

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

I truly believe we'll win on merit but...........
There are so many tiny things that can change the course of a game

A linesmans flag.
A poor referring decision
A dive
A post
A crossbar
a superb save
a goalies slip of hands
a corner inctead of a goalkick
A deflection
An inside/outside the box penalty decision
A striker having a bad game and missing loads of chances (Mitro can do that)
A defender slips
One bad pass
ball hits referee, in the way
Players winding each other up
SEndings off
Bookings can take the edge off a players game
The emotional and expectations of the occasion
A foul throw
A bad bounce..etc   etc

These are the things that make me nervous
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

Barrett487

Add to that list Roger please

Deliberately punching the ball on to another's arm and suckering the officials into giving a penalty.

Plodder

Quote from: Amberram on May 25, 2018, 07:13:24 PM
How's the nerves guys. I remember how I was before the QPR final, a bag of jelly.
Good luck tomorrow and hopefully you can forget about 83.
I think you have got some closure after the semi against us.

Cheers
Amber ram 082.gif

Thanks for the gracious message.  1983 has always made it difficult for me to feel any affection for Derby County, but fans like you help to restore the right spirit, and 1983 is no excuse for the handful of Fulham supporters who unnecessarily goaded your supporters after the game. Good luck for next season. And you are right to remind people it is only a football match.  Have dealt with two deaths this year, one especially tragic being a youngster who committed suicide, and people often forget that football really is not life and death, and is there to give us some enjoyment away from the serious things in life. 

SuffolkWhite

Well said plodder, know exactley where your coming from.
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"