watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

How did you rate Wembley

Started by Cornishnick, May 27, 2018, 10:18:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dryden

This was my first time at Wembley and I thought it was pretty good.  The logistics of getting in and out of the ground were decent, my daughter and I were up with the gods at the back row but the views were ok.

And yes, the queue for the food was probably the worst I've seen at a large venue.

Fulhamfan666

Pricey food/drinks and no normal Coke! Had to settle for one of the others they sold  :016:

GREAT view from back row 515 tho.

Russianrob

Superb for me.The whole place and the atmosphere.Enjoyed watching our excellent supporters almost as much as the match itself.Flying back home to Russia on Wednesday.What a sweet journey that will be.I believe we got something going on in Russia in a few weeks time but after Fulham this event for me is almost meaningless.Club before country every time for me especially if you support FULHAM!

cmg

Quote from: b+w geezer on May 28, 2018, 11:27:42 AM

On the way out we were of course long after Villa had dispersed, but it still took a quarter of an hour just to process down Olympic Way and we were serveral times halted. That was no hardship in the sunshine and glow of success, surrounded by Fulham excluisvely, but in other circumstances would not  have been so clever. What's more you got forced into the tube station even if you didn't want it. And looking at the map afterwards, there really was no other route that took you north without an enormous detour backwards first. So those exit arrangements surprised me.

Funny how people see things differently.
I hate queuing with a passion and would normally go to any lengths to avoid it.
I had several strategies for jumping the queue  for the Underground coming out of the old Wembley - all of which seemed to have been thwarted nowadays.
However I felt that the massive numbers involved were excellently handled. Notices explained the hold-ups, which were not too long.
The platforms were heaving and the trains rammed. I didn't fancy standing so I jumped on a Northbound and changed back at Queensbury. This nonsense didn't take more than 15 minutes but when we returned through Wembley Park the crowds had cleared and not many people boarded. A most efficient organisation, I thought.

alfie

We were in lower tier of block 102, had no issues whatsoever in getting drinks before game and at half time. I really enjoyed it.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

b+w geezer

Not sure we are actually seeing it all that differently (cmg). No dispute it was handled OK for the reasons you give. What surprised me was that the exit route (having, as we both note, been robbed of former alternatives), now enforces this situation. In worse weather and/or a mixed crowd, it would seem less benign.

SP

There were urinals in some of the Gents but not all.  I don't know the exact science behind it but the theme seemed to be if one was queuing the next set of loos weren't.  Perhaps we are pack animals & revert to our primitive instincts in unfamiliar situations?

cmg

Quote from: b+w geezer on May 28, 2018, 01:06:38 PM
In worse weather and/or a mixed crowd, it would seem less benign.

It certainly wouldn't have been a barrel of laughs a few hours later.

cmg

Quote from: SP on May 28, 2018, 01:25:45 PM
There were urinals in some of the Gents but not all.  I don't know the exact science behind it but the theme seemed to be if one was queuing the next set of loos weren't.  Perhaps we are pack animals & revert to our primitive instincts in unfamiliar situations?

I guess they adjust the male/female loo ratio according to expected crowd gender ratio.
The one's without urinals would revert to 'Ladies' for Barry Manilow concert [insert suitable name if Manilow is a bit dated].

SP

Quote from: cmg on May 28, 2018, 01:40:50 PM
Quote from: SP on May 28, 2018, 01:25:45 PM

I guess they adjust the male/female loo ratio according to expected crowd gender ratio.
The one's without urinals would revert to 'Ladies' for Barry Manilow concert [insert suitable name if Manilow is a bit dated].

Brilliant CMG, I now understand the science!

clintclintdeuce

Great view from 523. I enjoyed 2 beers at the half and we were able to get back into the stadium before the 2nd half started. The walkup was enjoyable and the international ticket collection beforehand was very quick and painless.
The Dude abides.

KJS

The rule on not allowing water in bottles was appalling an elderly the serve would give me a cup of ice as I might throw it at spectators even though it was 90 plus degrees no common sense at all👎