watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

How did you rate Wembley

Started by Cornishnick, May 27, 2018, 10:18:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cornishnick

As the stardust falls away (but not the eurphoria 082.gif), what did you all think of Wembley as an experience?
My take:
Been to the old Wembley loads of times to see England but this was my first visit to the new "home". Generally quite impressed. The fanzones were not quite big enough (they knew precisely how many people to expect) but one big gripe was the catering. Yes it was pricey, all events are, so you take it or leave it; but the service at half time was appalling. We were in A block - huge queues and every sales person had to go away from the counter to fetch whatever was ordered be it food, beer or even water. I asked for 3 bottles of water and they had to be decanted into a plastic beaker. I see the reasons for doing it but that doubled the plastic waste and created a huge delay. It wouldn't take a genius to improve that system. I missed almost 10 mins of 2nd half and there were plenty behind me waiting to be served.

What are your thoughts guys?

gang

Service was dreadful, not enough staff or tills. I was early enough to have a drink before the game but gave up waiting at half time.
It seems to be all to common at events in England, such a surprise that people would want to buy something.

General

The reason the service was dreadful and slow was purely because every drink had to be hand poured out of a bottle and into a plastic cup.. even the water.. no taking lids off to give you a hollow bottle after you've drunk your drink.. it wasted so much time.

Normally they had two servers just focusing on one till just to do that... and at times one server. What is going on?

SP

Hadn't been to Wembley in years but I recall more going on in Wembley Way.  Thought the view & facilities were great.  I never buy food in a ground.  The steward who checked my bag was a moron.

Peabody

Thought pitcheside, it was great, on the concourse it was ok but service was poor. As for the surrounding area, the walk from whe e our coach was parked (about a mile walk) was very depressing.

ffcne

Great because it was the Fulham Family.
Been once to see England but now having been with Fulham
would only go back to see Fulham. 

Fernhurst

I think it is a bargain at £800,000,000

The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

Whitesideup

I was in 507, so the lower part of the upper stand, and was surprised that the view was so good. The incline is quite steep and there is a good height differential between rows.

Holders

I thought it was great overall. Ok, the food was expensive but before the match there were no queues at all and the service was excellent. I looked for a drink at half time, saw the queues and didn't bother. That could have been better. 
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

DevonFFC

The hot dogs were decent, cracked a gag and he chucked in an extra sausage. I would go bck

WokinghamWhite

Crazily slow service at the tills. I just wanted a bottle of water and it took 20 minutes. Other than that it was excellent.

Twig

My wife complained about queues for the ladies loos. Such a surprise that women should attend a football match.

bucksfulham

When we got to the Bobby Moore  entrance to Club Wembley a stupid girl tried to tell us that we had to leave our Fulham shirts with her and we would have to wear the black t—shirts  she would give us. Told her to read the letter that came with the tickets and she said would have to speak to her manager. He simply said carry on. Why don't they brief their staff?

Neil D

Pillock confiscated my plastic water bottle.  I was expecting only the lid to be removed.  I said 'Is this so I have to buy water?'  He said 'Maybe'.  I had to pour the water into a plastic cup and walk around with it.  The seats, though, were properly raked so nobody obscured my view - much better than  the shambles of the Millennium stadium in Cardiff.  The toilets were awash with something on the floor.  Maybe beer, maybe not.  No urinals.  What's that about?

Robbie

Great match, great outcome but generally a poor venue.
Expensive, very poor acoustics and music. Poor service.
Bland rubbish.

I really missed the intimacy of the Cottage.

Camel Club

First time at the 'new' Wembley for me and overall it was much better than I expected. Had a fantastic view from Block 523 'A' and all the Wembley staff I came in to contact with were courteous and polite. Rip off prices were as to be expected and the only real downside was how utterly shambolic the organisation was behind the bar to get a drink at half time. The stadium highlight for me (result and performance aside) was the incredible quality of the Bobby Moore statue. But what a great day. They don't come any better than that!!!

SG

Quote from: Holders on May 28, 2018, 09:20:13 AM
I thought it was great overall. Ok, the food was expensive but before the match there were no queues at all and the service was excellent. I looked for a drink at half time, saw the queues and didn't bother. That could have been better. 

I had the pleasure of sitting next to Holders! He had the downside of sitting next to me.
We had a fantastic view in 216. The entrance through Club Wembley was impressive. We had a drink prior to the game with no problem but ate before getting to Wembley. Getting away was fine but we didn't leave the stadium until some 45 minutes after the final whistle so that's no surprise

ffc73

My first visit to the 'new' Wembley.  I had refused to go until Fulham got there.

As others have said, speed of service was appalling.  We wanted 2x bottles of water at half time.  Queued and gave up.  If we had waited we would have missed the start of the second half.  Other than that, superb view of the pitch (section 214) and just a truly memorable day.

b+w geezer

My first visit since the rebuild and a great improvement. Personnel would obviously have varied, but the young woman with the unenviable task of asking people to sit down where we were did it with a smile and every attempt at charm.
On the way out we were of course long after Villa had dispersed, but it still took a quarter of an hour just to process down Olympic Way and we were serveral times halted. That was no hardship in the sunshine and glow of success, surrounded by Fulham excluisvely, but in other circumstances would not  have been so clever. What's more you got forced into the tube station even if you didn't want it. And looking at the map afterwards, there really was no other route that took you north without an enormous detour backwards first. So those exit arrangements surprised me.

Mince n Tatties

Great day which will live in the memory,and Mrs Mince&T fainting at the end(Silly Moo got over excited in the heat)..
Only complaint was the queuing (gave up).