watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Target for next season

Started by Black and White Town, May 27, 2018, 10:45:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Black and White Town

First season promoted, I'd be delighted with top half of the table and satisfied with 10th-15th
What about you lot?

Riversider

Quote from: Black and White Town on May 27, 2018, 10:45:39 PM
First season promoted, I'd be delighted with top half of the table and satisfied with 10th-15th
What about you lot?

17th on goal difference will do just fine.

FirstCoastFulham

After how this season's newly promoted did, and considering the past few years, 10th-15th is realistic to aim for. Outside the top 6 are 14 clubs who could finish anywhere from 7th to 20th and when you consider recent years like Burnley in 7th, Southampton in the Europa League, there's no reason that can't be us. Shoot for the stars, relatively speaking.

Dan in Notts

Satisfied with staying up comfortably, but not satisfied if that's our ambition, so: 23-game unbeaten run and first, please.

Peabody

Fulham Tup North

092. Top 17 finish please!!  064.gif
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

gezkc

Realistically, first year survival has to be our target. Seeing how Newcastle, Huddersfield and Brighton did this year, it's not going to be easy but they all stayed up and who's to say we can't do better?

lamby

40 points.

It starts with 1 point a game average.
-Ignore the top 6 teams.
-win home games against the bottom 10 teams (30 pts).
-draws away from home against the bottom 10 (10).
-pick up points from teams 1-9 as bonus and to make up for dropped points from the above plan.
-don't lose at home to bottom teams.
-we need a 'good' month in there somewhere.

Simple?

General

I'm thinking of the teams that went up with Newcastle finishing 10th and our ability to beat them 3-1, Huddersfield comfortably in both games and being close with Brighton... I also think shahid is more open to spending good money than Mike Ashley and fulhams brand of football and location in london makes us more desirable.

Whilst we've been out of the league a while and I'd subsequently take staying up.. I'd like us to be ambitious and go for top 10.

We need to strengthen though and it'll be interesting to see how players adapt to the premiership.. we lost to southampton during a lull and they nearly got relegated and got beaten by Tottenham comfortably when we played.. having a plan b and the players to enact slavisas wishes is important.

I'd like to see two or three known names come in this summer at least.. CB, perhaps GK and up front in particular need strengthening in my opinion the most.

RoyTund

You mean Targett for next season?

Lyle from Hangeland

Quote from: Riversider on May 27, 2018, 11:04:47 PM
Quote from: Black and White Town on May 27, 2018, 10:45:39 PM
What about you lot?

17th on goal difference will do just fine.

Amen! Amen! Amen!

aaronmcguigan

17th or above is an obvious but dangerous target. It's obvious so many teams are targeting that. It's the reason so many teams trip over each other, end up being inconsistent ,sack managers and panic buy.
I would say with the right investment but keeping the feelgood factor, discard the top 6 and then allow for a resurgent team like Wverton, a surprise team like
Burnley, then why can't we be best of the rest

.9th or 10th.

This team isn't built on caution and small minded thinking. It's built on confidence, flair and the sky is the limit.

DutchCottage

Quote from: gezkc on May 28, 2018, 12:28:52 AM
Realistically, first year survival has to be our target. Seeing how Newcastle, Huddersfield and Brighton did this year, it's not going to be easy but they all stayed up and who's to say we can't do better?

Agree with you. Our first target is that we will get as soon as possible the 40 points mark. To survive the first year will be a good achievment.

MJG

Staying up and that's it, because that's when the real money kicks in which allows promoted teams to really invest.
Just the views of a long term fan

Twig

12th or better is possibly just about realistic. I understand those who say 17th on GD but that would involve a relegation battle which would be too nerve wracking.

toshes mate

Quote from: Newry FFC on May 28, 2018, 06:59:24 AM
This team isn't built on caution and small minded thinking. It's built on confidence, flair and the sky is the limit.
Agree.   Jokanovic will be depending upon recruitment providing a decent window, a pre-season that ticks all the right boxes, and a continuation of his step by step, review and address each game as you arrive at it.  He'll be keen to have a squad that has sufficient quality to allow him and his staff to flourish.  No need to consider 'survival' as the only prerequisite unless and until it becomes a necessity to see it that way.   

Fulhamfan666

alfie

I hate the words "targets" and "ambition". I think the only target/ambition that any player/club should have is to play the best you can as an individual and then as a team and see where that takes you. I often feel when a manager/club come out and says things like we are targeting 6th place, to me that automatically puts pressure on the players, who can be made to feel like failures if they don't reach that  "target".
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

b+w geezer

On similar lines to the previous respondent.....  Show up. Don't be over-fearful. The rest will take of itself, assuming the squad has been strengthened as anticipated.

The Rock

Quote from: FirstCoastFulham on May 27, 2018, 11:21:31 PM
After how this season's newly promoted did, and considering the past few years, 10th-15th is realistic to aim for. Outside the top 6 are 14 clubs who could finish anywhere from 7th to 20th and when you consider recent years like Burnley in 7th, Southampton in the Europa League, there's no reason that can't be us. Shoot for the stars, relatively speaking.

So true - Southampton in the Europa league, then 17th and should have been relegated except Swansea lost their last 15 matches.