more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Just asking

Started by Peabody, May 28, 2018, 12:03:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peabody

davew

Contrary to rumours, I am still around (lol). I am sure you like me as long term supporters are over the moon at what has been achieved this season, I posted on another thread that I would have loved to returned to Wembley yesterday but from a practical point of view it was better to watch the match from home with a glass in 1 hand and a cigar in the other, recovering today from the excitement and a hangover has taken all day otherwise I would have replied earlier to you post. We should have gone up last season, we deserved to go up this season but did I really think we would, no to be honest I did not. I have now watched the match 3 times, the referee certainly assisted us by not sending off Fred's, but even allowing for that we certainly deserved to win, should have been 3 nil up at half time. After the sending off the remaining 10 players showed true character, I am so proud of them and Odoi who in spite of a few mistakes and the sending off, this season has been brilliant!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Peabody

Glad to hear your OK  Dave. I was there on Saturday and it was brilliant. To counter what you said, your right, Fred should have gone but so should Grealish for his assault on TC.

Twig

If Grealish had gone (and I agree that he should), then Odoi would not have got his second yellow and we would have played it out with all eleven. Just a thought.

Holders

Entirely right, Twig. Just as if the ref had blown for the foul on Fred a minute earlier it wouldn't have arisen. Those 5 minutes, including Johansen's miss and the non-pen for Kamara could have been a turning point. As it happens the result wasn't affected.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: davew on May 28, 2018, 12:14:27 AM
Contrary to rumours, I am still around (lol). I am sure you like me as long term supporters are over the moon at what has been achieved this season, I posted on another thread that I would have loved to returned to Wembley yesterday but from a practical point of view it was better to watch the match from home with a glass in 1 hand and a cigar in the other, recovering today from the excitement and a hangover has taken all day otherwise I would have replied earlier to you post. We should have gone up last season, we deserved to go up this season but did I really think we would, no to be honest I did not. I have now watched the match 3 times, the referee certainly assisted us by not sending off Fred's, but even allowing for that we certainly deserved to win, should have been 3 nil up at half time. After the sending off the remaining 10 players showed true character, I am so proud of them and Odoi who in spite of a few mistakes and the sending off, this season has been brilliant!

When I couldn't see you at Wembley, I seriously thought of sending out a search party.
I even had to drink that bottle of the finest Gin, I brought for you.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

davew

Quote from: Peabody on May 28, 2018, 07:37:32 AM
Glad to hear your OK  Dave. I was there on Saturday and it was brilliant. To counter what you said, your right, Fred should have gone but so should Grealish for his assault on TC.
I am sure you had a wonderful day out, let us hope it isn't another 43 years before we are at Wembley again as I don't think we will be around then.

Thanks Woolly you are all heart, I do think it would have been confiscated though!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)