watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Jokanovic interview for Serbian newspapers

Started by aster, May 28, 2018, 09:18:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aster

Will Serbia have a coach in the EPL for the first time in its history?

I have one more year on my contract, so it is logical.

How did Fulham make it from the 17th place in November to Wembley finals?

My journey with Fulham started two and a half years ago. Back then, we were the team that was fighting to avoid relegation, we barely made it. In my next season with Fulham, everything starting falling into place, we reached the semi-finals and lost.  In this season, we had a rough start, it took us a while to get into shape. Until November we were oscillating: lose one match, draw two, win one match. Then we had our unbeaten run and continued on the same path which propelled us into the finals. And I am the coach who likes step-by-step approach.

What is it like to play in front of 90.000 fans?

I was at the opening ceremony at Wembley, watched a number of matches there, but I was never a direct participant. It is all fascinating. In England, they say that it feels better when you win promotion after the final duel. I experienced both ways, and this one really feels better. The atmosphere was so spectacular that it can not be put into words.

What were you doing when you woke up on Sunday, are you aware of what you have achieved?

I had a headache! I was resting.  My stay here has brought me praise and prestige.

You want your teams to "play football", is that your coaching philosophy?

I like to win, we play like that because, knowing what kind of team and players I have, I feel that is the best way to play. Our fans like it too. A lot of people believe that it is impossible to play with flair in the Championship and win, but we have proven them wrong.

What was it like to have a player sent off in such an important match, and, yet, you managed to keep calm?

It was scary, but I should not show my feelings to my players. I was prepared for all the scenarios. Even if we had lost I would have continued along the same path. The most stressful moments are ahead of the match, but when it all starts you manage to calm down.

Is there a coach that you look up to?

I often talked and still talk about football to Radomir Antic. Perhaps it is a bit far-fetched to say that he is my mentor, but one can learn a lot from him. And I like to learn and will continue learning until the day I die.

You have always had a lot of success, how do youu you explain that?

I was born under the lucky star! That is what some would say, but I think that it is all due to hard work. I was also lucky to be in charge of teams whose ambitions coincided with mine.

Will Mitrovic, Sessegnon etc...stay, will Fulham lose its key players?

Business is a very important segment of every club. I can only present my football-related wishes, but they will make a final decision.

Neil D

At last! A Jokanovic interview I can understand!  He should speak Serbo-Croat more often...

aster

Quote from: Neil D on May 28, 2018, 09:25:07 PM
At last! A Jokanovic interview I can understand!  He should speak Serbo-Croat more often...

His Spanish is much better, he speaks it almost as well as Serbian :) So, no doubt,  his English will improve too.

RaySmith

gezkc

Madman Maddle

I understand Serbian and in their media Mitro seems very hopeful to join us permanently. Sings praises on Fulham, his team mates and Jokan, how he is appreciated by the staff and supporters, that he feels like he's already here for years and hopes to stay with us in the long haul. Best form of his life thanks to Fulham and can't wait to light up the World Cup. Just at the end a short mention that he's still contracted to Newcastle and will have talks with them first about his future.