watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Just watched the 90 mins

Started by BedsFFC, May 28, 2018, 09:54:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BedsFFC

That must have been so hard to commentate for GJ. You could hear he was so close to losing it during the match. He was seconds from swearing so many times. I couldn't have watched that live and not swore in that last 15 mins.

Hearing his absolute joy at the final whistle was very special.

I got in at 11pm on the night and watched the sky recording and just watched it again.

I think I need a rest from FFC. What a season

cottage expat

Quote from: BedsFFC on May 28, 2018, 09:54:55 PM
That must have been so hard to commentate for GJ. You could hear he was so close to losing it during the match. He was seconds from swearing so many times. I couldn't have watched that live and not swore in that last 15 mins.

Hearing his absolute joy at the final whistle was very special.

I got in at 11pm on the night and watched the sky recording and just watched it again.

I think I need a rest from FFC. What a season

+1. He was apoplectic with the missed penalty shout on Kamara, not to mention Grealish's last dive trying to get a penalty in the last couple of minutes. A Fulham classic.

SWSixer

Some of this Prem money should go to getting Jim some better recording equipment.

These moments deserve crystal clear audio!

Sgt Fulham

Absolute hero. I love how he's calling for reds for every half tackle by Villa after the Odoi sending off. He's not wrong about Grealish at all, he does deserve a slap. After watching his foul on TC a number of times it's absolutely incredible that he didnt get sent off for it. And too right he was apopletic about the Kamara penalty shout. Disgraceful decision. If we had not have won that would have been criminal. Luckily for the referee we're better than them 10 vs. 11.

Fernhurst

And as far as I could tell never mentioned Villas number 26 actual name once.
Legend.
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

SG

He watches the games through black and white glasses, just like me and I love him for it.
Also never mentions WGDTFC by name when we play them.

RaySmith

There semi-final and the final games, must have ben tough for Jim to commentate on, though it must be great to be able to commentate on a Fulham victory on these occasions.

Jim is an emotional man, and as fans we ride the emotional roller coaster with him when listening to his passionate commentary.

He is a real, fellow fan, no doubt about that - he is Fulham's biggest fan, and I rejoice with him in the club's achievement, when it had seemed so out of the question earlier this season.

Holders

Quote from: Fernhurst on May 29, 2018, 05:18:24 AM
And as far as I could tell never mentioned Villas number 26 actual name once.
Legend.

Quite so, the one solitary reference I heard was just "centre half".
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

Southcoastffc

Entertaining yes, boringly 'professional' no. I liked the weak shot from Grealish which elicited 'like a shot from a 4 year old girl'.
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

grandad

Watched the 90 mins with GJ commentary several times now. I will watch it every week from now. I wish someone with the tech savvy could compile a collection of GJ´s most famous quotes & sayings.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Holders

Quote from: grandad on May 29, 2018, 10:56:31 AM
Watched the 90 mins with GJ commentary several times now. I will watch it every week from now. I wish someone with the tech savvy could compile a collection of GJ´s most famous quotes & sayings.

There are many but the one I like the most was "For those of you playing the drinking game, we're not getting replays, I still think the lads can get something out of this and the goalkeeper's wearing...."
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

Russianrob

I met the man just as I was going in to Wembley and had the great privilege of getting to shake his hand.I have lived in Russia for over 10  years but getting to hear his commentary has seriously provoked me each Christmas to want to send him £5  for a drink.Never did it,but if you ever come over to Russia a big bottle of Vodka awaits you.PS Also beginning to admire the co-commentator too!

BedsFFC

Quote from: Southcoastffc on May 29, 2018, 09:16:40 AM
Entertaining yes, boringly 'professional' no. I liked the weak shot from Grealish which elicited 'like a shot from a 4 year old girl'.
That was quality. As was "Sit down Baldy, sit down".

There were a few times near the end where "The man is a C***" became 'The man is a (pause, breath) Clown". You literally hear the pause and his brain saying dont say it dont say it!!