watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Relegation

Started by ex-Pat, May 29, 2018, 04:41:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ex-Pat

Bookies have us at 5/2 to be relegated,,,what's that all about ??

lamby

But equal 9th to win it!!! (Along with  11 other teams[emoji3])

nose returns

I suspect if we do not make the right acquisitions, we will be in or around the bottom five or six. The first 11 are good but the squad is nowhere near strong enough. we will see how serious the management are in keeping us successful, this is a lot different to when MAF was here.

will be vetry interesting. I hope we do not have to wait till the end of the transfer window to bring in new blood, the earlier the better to give the manager the best possible chance.

Madman Maddle

This transfer window will be a much bigger challenge than usual. Window closes before the season starts and World Cup adds a special hitch to it. We must identify our targets right now and be quick doing business. Our typical last minute scramble won't be enough in this window. Although I'm sure we'll bring in a couple of players on the cusp of deadline day.

Holders

What's different this year is that we're in the PL and most  players will like our style of play.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

Tabby

At this point we lack a first choice striker and left back. We use more loanees than Wolves and Cardiff, so our squad is a bit barebones at the moment.

Woolly Mammoth

I would like to think that the Recruitment Team are beavering away with immediate effect.
Time is of the essence, and if we ponder, hesitate or if there is a lack of urgency, the time will go so quickly, we cannot afford any apathy.
Strike while the iron is hot, but of course I appreciate we have to bring the right kind of player, to augment what we already have.
It's a completely new challenge, and as a new club, and the last club to join the Premier League for next season, our recruitment drive and identifying targets has to be implemented like a well oiled machine.
Our preseason activities, operations, preparations, organisation and development have to be top draw on and off the field.
The club will know what they have to do, and our football will do the talking, not forgetting our Manager.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

grandad

I am sure the recruitment team already had a plan A & B with targets identified.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Mince n Tatties

We've just been promoted and already talk of relegation...What's up with you? Enjoy our success.

S.F.Sorrow

When the loan players have returned our entire squad will consist of 7-8 players that are (hopefully) good enough for the prem. HUGE investments are needed to avoid relegation. And the money must be spent wisely. Our promotion team was a mixture of loan players, clever bargain bin signings and academy players. Every big money transfer I can remember after the MAF-era (with the exception of McCormack) has been a complete disaster.

Hopefully Khan has learned from the all the misearable transfer windows under his command. But he will probably have to forget about sustainability for a season or two, until we are comfortably settled as a mid table PL-team.

So, yeah, I can understand the bookies but I expect the odds will change when we start to bring in reinforcements.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on May 29, 2018, 09:23:34 AM
We've just been promoted and already talk of relegation...What's up with you? Enjoy our success.

Are you and Mrs Mince still locked inside Wembley Stadium, does anyone know who has the key.

Never forget your Roots.

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on May 29, 2018, 09:41:44 AM

Are you and Mrs Mince still locked inside Wembley Stadium, does anyone know who has the key.

Yes its getting boring now,we keep taking it in turns to wave the flag and waiting for the players to come out and greet us...Maybe they've all gone home.😂😂😂

nose returns

I totally agree. whilst it is obvious we may not win as many away games next season, I see no reason to adopt any attitude other than what we have done being brilliant and the sky is the limit. Plan for success!

filham

Quote from: nose returns on May 29, 2018, 10:30:07 AM

I totally agree, whilst it is obvious we may not win as many away games next season, I see no reason to adopt any attitude other than what we have done being brilliant and the sky is the limit. Plan for success!
We are always late with our signings, for once let us be early and have a good team ready for the season start,
The priorities are
1. Mitrovic
2.A new big ugley ball playing centre back.
3, A left back
4.Fredericks
5. Retain all existing players already under contract.

Achieve these five goals and the relegation odds will drop.

Woolly Mammoth

Relegation is a word no longer in any Dictionary owned by Fulham FC

Never forget your Roots.

NorfolkJim

What are they offering for us NOT to be relegated? Might pay for a ticket for me

Riversider

Worth pointing out to some people that the window closes on August 9th and NOT August 31st,
Incidentally it opened on May 17th

Vinnieffc

Also worth noting the bookies with always throw in early 'mugs draw odds' to stimulate the market. Ie. Punters know know little of football throwing away stupid early money as the team who came up 23rd can't possibly survive, can they ? We'll get much, much longer that 5-2 in 6 weeks or so..

The Rock

If we retain the starting 11 at Wembley, we'll be even with the teams outside the Top 6. We go 9-8-9 against those teams and that's 35 points right there. I'd expect us to be quite a bit stronger as well.

I believe Khan has learnt from being relegated and won't make the same mistake again.

MJG

Just the views of a long term fan