Main Menu

Stefan Johansen

Started by Southcoastffc, May 29, 2018, 08:13:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mitch

Quote from: Statto on May 29, 2018, 02:49:14 PM
Quote from: Mitch on May 29, 2018, 01:58:35 PM
Quote from: Madman Maddle on May 29, 2018, 09:32:19 AM
Amazing pass from him and I was shocked that it almost went unnoticed. Also I don't agree that he is often singled out as the player who needs to be upgraded in our central midfield. Basically we should look for every position to be upgraded to create competition. But StefJo to me is a PL player. PL suits his relentless style, energy and creativity. He is a scoring threat from midfield which you need in the PL, great a creating chances for others and amazing defensive contribution. Despite some groin issues throughout the season he made 49 appearances for us this season.

I love McDonald and his graceful yet robust style in front of our defense, hope he can establish himself in the PL. But between him and StefJo, I think StefJo is more suited for PL football. Would be quite cool if we bring in a couple of quality PL midfielders - which we need to create competition - but our current players beat them out for starting XI.

Stef Jo is a character and adds that dark arts side of the game, but he's a Championship player. Will be a squad player in the Premier League. I would have upgraded him even if we hadn't improved.

I think he's hit and miss. Usually has at least one moment of world class brilliance per game but also fu££3 up one attempt at it per game as well. Hard to sad what his overall level is, but he at least merits a place in the squad and the chance to compete. He is one of those who may well raise his game to PL quality given the challenge and incentive. In fact I have more confidence of him stepping up than I do McDonald, who seems technically more limited than Johansen.

Agree. He's up and down, not just in games, but over periods of matches. Can have three games with little to no impact and then the fourth game he is man of the match. McDonald may be techincally less talented, but plays in a position that doesn't require it quite so much and brings much more to the team overall. Stef Jo will be with us, but don't expect to see him starting next year, however it's a long season so every chance he will get a run in the side to show what he can do.

Matt10

6 goals and 9 assists on the season, not too bad imho. Lead the team in assists. I'd say give him a chance in the Premier league. We've never seen him play in it.