watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Player targets

Started by millsy, May 29, 2018, 09:45:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

millsy

Apart from the obvious securing of Mitrovic and Matt Targett and the clearing of the marginal squad members, I hope our target list includes the likes of:
Shaquiri
Forestieri
Jota
Tammy Abraham
Curtis Davies

Having said this, I have confidence that our Head Coach and his scouting network have a long list of suitable potential recruits from all over Europe and now have the means and incentive to land them.

Exciting times.

aaronmcguigan

Clear the fringe players and add in fringe players.  Please tell me this is an unfunny joke? 

@jolslover

Exciting times indeed.
STH H3

Woolly Mammoth

Yes, whichever way you look at it,  it is exciting times.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

ffc73

When we were last promoted we had the basis of a good Premiership team and still added VdS and Steed before we kicked off at Man Utd.  This time we lose 6 loanees and need upgrades in other areas.  I do not expect the FFC management will have much of a summer break.

We are two weeks behind the rest of the Premiership.  The window opened on 17 May and closes on 9 August.  That is 11 weeks with the World Cup getting in the way of signings / pre-season between 14 June and 15 July.  It will be a short, exciting, close season this year. 

aster

Pretty sure that Jokanovic will try to bring some Serbian players. Maybe Tadic? Or Andrija Zivkovic? The question is whether Fulham can afford them.

Madman Maddle

Other than all the obvious positions that we need to upgrade and that have already been mentioned multiple times, I think we need a strong, athletic defensive midfielder. McDonald is our only player capable to play this position but isn't enough of an athlete to stand a chance against the worldclass playmakers of the PL. Obviously I root for McDonald to succeed and firmly believe we can play half the PL teams off the park with him pulling the strings from deep. However, for the tougher games we need an enforcer in the middle, a physical beast that can solidify our defense and allow Cairney more offensive freedom.

I imagine Jokane staying mostly true to our style against teams we are on a par with, and in most home games. However, against the better sides who are referred to as top 6, and in some tough away games, my guess is that Jokane will install a more solid, counter attacking setup. This could be a 3 man defense setup, or just our current setup sitting deeper with more physical players. Will be difficult to install a 2nd system over the shortened summer window, but it's absolutely necessary to snatch some points as underdogs!

bornafulhamfan

Quote from: millsy on May 29, 2018, 09:45:38 AM
Apart from the obvious securing of Mitrovic and Matt Targett and the clearing of the marginal squad members, I hope our target list includes the likes of:
Shaquiri
Forestieri
Jota
Tammy Abraham
Curtis Davies

Having said this, I have confidence that our Head Coach and his scouting network have a long list of suitable potential recruits from all over Europe and now have the means and incentive to land them.

Exciting times.

I don't think we will sign Shaqiri. As I understand it, Serbs and Albanians don't like each other and Shaqiri is of Albanian decent.

Madman Maddle

Quote from: bornafulhamfan on May 29, 2018, 06:38:38 PM
I don't think we will sign Shaqiri. As I understand it, Serbs and Albanians don't like each other and Shaqiri is of Albanian decent.
In theory, yes. But it's not that simple. Shaqiri was born in Kosovo, but grew up in Switzerland. At Basel, Bayern, Inter and Stoke he played with many Serbs. Some Serbs play in Swiss national team alongside Shaqiri. I know from Austrian media that Marko Arnautovic, who is of Serbian descent, was his best buddy at Stoke. So I don't think it would be an issue. If anything, I think he would mesh well with Jokane.

aster

Quote from: Madman Maddle on May 29, 2018, 07:03:04 PM
Quote from: bornafulhamfan on May 29, 2018, 06:38:38 PM
In theory, yes. But it's not that simple. Shaqiri was born in Kosovo, but grew up in Switzerland. At Basel, Bayern, Inter and Stoke he played with many Serbs. Some Serbs play in Swiss national team alongside Shaqiri. I know from Austrian media that Marko Arnautovic, who is of Serbian descent, was his best buddy at Stoke. So I don't think it would be an issue. If anything, I think he would mesh well with Jokane.

A couple of days ago he posted the photo with his football boots for the World Cup : one of them had a Swiss flag and another a "Kosovo" flag. Which is a clear provocation. I can not see Mitrovic being enthusiastic about playing with him. A lot of people in Serbia now support Fulham, like they once supported Lazio. They will be shocked if Shaquiri is signed after everything. It is not that much about him being Albanian, but about him being provocative. Anyway, I think that is just a speculation.

This was 2 months ago:

Nick Bateman

I like the look of Traore of Middlesbro.  Have never seen a player actually faster than Ryan Fredericks!  He could be a bargain.
Nick Bateman "knows his footie"

bornafulhamfan

Zivkovic would actually be my dream signing. He is Serbian, so coach would get the best out of him, he is still only 21 years old, he's quick, good dribbler and good shooter as well as an amazing passer. If you haven't seen him already I  suggest watching his highlights from 2015 u20 world cup, where Serbia beat Brazil in the final(Brazilian stars were Gabriel Jesus, Malcom and Andreas Pereira)

aster

Quote from: bornafulhamfan on May 29, 2018, 08:18:22 PM
Zivkovic would actually be my dream signing. He is Serbian, so coach would get the best out of him, he is still only 21 years old, he's quick, good dribbler and good shooter as well as an amazing passer. If you haven't seen him already I  suggest watching his highlights from 2015 u20 world cup, where Serbia beat Brazil in the final(Brazilian stars were Gabriel Jesus, Malcom and Andreas Pereira)

Zivkovic is spectacular. But can Fulham afford him? His contract is very lucrative and, also, Vieira has put a hefty price tag on him.