watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Villa fans View.

Started by Southdowns White, May 29, 2018, 10:58:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Southdowns White

Very honest view from someone on one of their forums.
"Not the the best Villa atmosphere I've experienced at the red bowl. We fizzled out after the goal. Probably too pissed up from a full day's drinking, puking and littering. A couple of guys staggered past me to their seats five minutes after kick off. The pre-match chuckling about the clappers at the white end seems to have been nothing more than malfeasant bluster - that's all I could hear in the second half. The pre-match overconfidence in that 'there'll be 50k Villa fans at Wembley' just proved to be untrue. Many here were guilty of underestimating Fulham as a club, as a team and as a fan base. Well it came home to roost didn't it? And all the wrist slashing Smiths style post match pontificating. Good grief.

Personally, I'm not a player or a manager... but I do not believe that it's possible to win a 'cup final' setting up how we did on Saturday. It's not possible to win a 'cup final' with such clueless match officiating. It was a challenging experience for us as fans from start to finish, including getting to and from Wembley, and sitting through that 90 minutes. Second half was better to be fair, but we ultimately left ourselves with too much to do and inviting too much pressure in a condensed 45 minute spell. Much of that with an extra player on the pitch...

The things I took away with me from that day...

Observing the terrorising of the shopping centre with chants of 'We shall not be moved,' whilst actually being moved by the local constabulary. And then singing 'Birmingham, are you listening...' a place that was roughly 113 miles away...

Their goal - nice move and capitalisation.

The Grealish stamp incident unpunished.

The clappers - fair play to them. And it seems there is nothing wrong with waving white flags.

The Grealish meltdown. Understandable given the punishment he had been subjected to from the whites. I was convinced he was going to be off for that.

A wonderful sunset it was on the drive home along the M1... pity it was wasted with such an empty 'what could have been' feeling.

Good luck to Wolves, Cardiff and Fulham next season".

Woolly Mammoth

A good read, especially the part about them underestimating our club, our team and our fan base.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Neil D

The first comment is especially apposite.  But then, there have always been supporters of all clubs who believe the best way to enjoy a football match is through a haze of alcohol-induced stupor.  On the other hand, the less Villa fans remember of that day, the better.

FFCAli

Quote from: Neil D on May 29, 2018, 11:32:40 AM
  On the other hand, the less Villa fans remember of that day, the better.
And there's nothing wrong in waving white flags. 093.gif 093.gif

lasse vigen

Have to say, all the Villa fans I bumped into post game in pubs were humble and gracious in victory when I spoke to them. All said that the better team won and that S Bruce got his tactics horribly wrong in the first half. One bloke even bought me a pint as a congratulations! I know this isn't everyone's experience with the Villa bunch, but credit where it's due I reckon.

P.S Absolutely loved the scenes pre game at the pubs round Wembley. Was at The Torch. Could only be described as a zoo. But absolutely brilliant.

gang

I had the misfortune of travelling on the tube back to Kings Cross with 7 drunk Villa louts shouting abuse. These are the things that stay in the mind and tars them all with the same feathers. 

SP

Theres a clip of a shocking assault after the game Villa on Villa.  I don't know if it was the result of excessive drinking but someone will rightly be getting arrested today.  Due to its nature, I haven't posted a clip.

Fulham Tup North

Quote from: lasse vigen on May 29, 2018, 12:17:20 PM
Have to say, all the Villa fans I bumped into post game in pubs were humble and gracious in victory when I spoke to them. All said that the better team won and that S Bruce got his tactics horribly wrong in the first half. One bloke even bought me a pint as a congratulations! I know this isn't everyone's experience with the Villa bunch, but credit where it's due I reckon.

P.S Absolutely loved the scenes pre game at the pubs round Wembley. Was at The Torch. Could only be described as a zoo. But absolutely brilliant.
The atmosphere in The Torch was superb.  Brilliant when the open top Fulham Bus went passed and great when Villa buses passed us as well.
Good beer (even @ a fiver a pint)!
The sunshine made it all the better.
COYW
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

lasse vigen

[/quote]
The atmosphere in The Torch was superb.  Brilliant when the open top Fulham Bus went passed and great when Villa buses passed us as well.
Good beer (even @ a fiver a pint)!
The sunshine made it all the better.
COYW
[/quote]

Yeah what a day out. Atmosphere at The Torch was something else. Credit to the cops for letting everything slide too... we were perched up on the fence overlooking the hill on the pub with a few cans. Have a few photos and videos that I'll try to post on here.