watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Bettinelli...

Started by Steven Ageroad, May 29, 2018, 03:08:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

filham

My heart is telling me that Betts must be given a chance to prove himself in the Premiership but then I start to think about the occasional mishandled cross.
Any weakness in our keeper will be quickly spotted and played on in the Premiership and we could find ourselves in a relegation spot and unable to do anything about it until the new year.
Jocanavic has to adress this one quickly, a tough call for him.

grandad

Betts is a lot better than some in the PL so why do we need to replace him. He is Fulham through & through & has earned the right to start as our No.1
Where there's a will there's a wife

Andy S

Yes from me I think he has improved a lot over the last two years. If he keeps improving why not.

Arthur

Quote from: Nick Bateman on May 29, 2018, 05:20:52 PM
He is young however so will not mind being dropped to reserve keeper, where he belongs at this level.

He's 25 - not young (I would say) even for a goalkeeper. And (in my opinion) you assume too much to believe he wouldn't mind were he to be second choice from the outset next season.

Many on here were hoping we would sign a first XI goalkeeper in the January transfer window: Bettinelli's performances since showed that this wasn't necessary.

While I do expect us to sign a goalkeeper this time around, it wouldn't surprise me at all were Marcus to do well enough to retain his first-team place.

simplyfulham

Marcus has stood by us, gave us everything and continued to improve and impress. He is every bit one of our own.

We should only go into the market for a goalkeeper if there is an incredible deal to be had - like the one we did for EVDS all those years ago.

Jonno

Also, we all bang on about the lack of loyalty to clubs from players these days, but we get promoted and the first thing someone does is post a thread about ditching our young keeper, who helped get us there, who has been with us all his career, whose Dad is a coach at our club.
What are we, Leeds fans? Absolutely loving ridiculous.

the nutflush

He's earned his chance.  Hasn't put a foot wrong all season.  Saved us from dropping many points throughout the season.  Happy to stick with Betts.  Maybe another backup goalie because Button worries me a little. 

valdeingruo

He helped get us in, he deserves a chance, but i would like an older keeper as a backup. I hear Buffon is available ;)
Self proclaimed tactical genius, football manager approved.

http://imgur.com/a/A1mhi

Snibbo

Premier league quality?

He's better than the Liverpool keeper!

Chutney

He has certainly saved us way more points than he has cost us, I can see him getting an England call up next season, he's every bit as good as heaton or pope.
C O Y W

VicHalomsLovechild

He got his place back from Button and if the Club brought another keeper I'm pretty sure he'd get the shirt back from them as well.

Dryden

I like Betts, he's come in a long way and deservedly got the number 1 spot.  He helped us go up and loyalty goes two ways so absolutely deserves the chance

We do need a decent back up though

lamby

He has just turned 26, he is a perfect age, he is also a good height. He keeps improving. A big reason for our 22 game unbeaten run was because of him. It is his to lose.

Cambridge Pete

I think he is good enough. Question.Who would we replace him with? Joe Hart! At the end of the day the manager will decide.Enough said

Mince n Tatties

Talknonsense saying were interested in Fraser Foster.