watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Bettinelli...

Started by Steven Ageroad, May 29, 2018, 03:08:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steven Ageroad

Is he Premier League standard goalkeeper? I'm not sure.

Fulham76

Quote from: Steven Ageroad on May 29, 2018, 03:08:00 PM

Personally think this is an area we need to strengthen.

HamsterWheel

He's come on leaps and bounds. not long ago it was 50:50 on here about whether Button or Betts should be No 1. I expect if the same question was asked now then it would be 90:10 in favour of Betts at least.
Lets see how he does in the Prem.

love4ffc

He got us promoted so for me he gets a chance to stay between the sticks in the premier league.  With that said I would love to see FFC bring in an older experienced goalie who can help Betts to continue his development. 
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

Tabby

I think he is good enough. Doesn't have the greatest distribution, but he is a great shotstopper.

He is also a one of our own and I think he deserves a proper shot.

Sherlock

He's never had the chance to play in the Premier League so who knows. His ratio of clean sheets to games this Championship season was only bettered by Ruddy, he's Fulham through and through, he's young and improving every game so I see no reason why he can't be.

FulhamStu

I would give Betts the no1 shirt, sell Button and get serious competition for him to do battle with.

What Betts gives you is good communication, size and general decent all round game.  He may no be the best but has age on his side and should only get better.

twang

It's Bett's shirt to lose, he definitely deserves the chance to prove himself. I'd like to see us get an experienced PL keeper as competition though. Incidentally Michel Vorm is out of contract this summer...

Jonno

He deserves the chance and we should stick with him. I agree we should sell Button and get an older type to give Betts competition.

New Kid on the Block

What defines a Premier League Goalkeeper? I am happy for him to be the No.1 next season; why not?

Whitesideup

Count Flapula

Much improved over the last year.

Really good one-on-one keeper, also very good shotstopper.

Distribution much improved, not absolute top class but far from a weakness.

Positioning and handling on crosses / strength in the box still the weakest part of his game and defInitely needs working on, but has shown he can work on his game so happy to see him get his chance - if he can improve that I'd say he'd be prem class. If not then I wouldn't turn my nose up at a cheeky bid for Butland!

Mitch

Still young in terms of his position. If we signed a promising young English goalkeeper who has just won promotion, as a mid-table team, I think we'd be OK with that chance. He could definitely improve into a Premier League quality goalie.

Dougie

If he isn't I'm not exactly what his flaws are. He's a great shot-stopper. He's good enough at distribution imo. Not amazing command of his area but good for his age and improving. He isn't Mark Schwarzer or anything but I think he deserves a chance. We do need to buy a second keeper to challenge him though, and I assume Button will be considered surplus to requirements.

Nick Bateman

He was fortunate to get away with not conceding on Saturday; the foolish pass early on to a marked defender, the nervy punch out later and then completely misjudging a cross to punch air, while Grealish nicked in front on him only to head over an open goal.

He is young however so will not mind being dropped to reserve keeper, where he belongs at this level.
Nick Bateman "knows his footie"

Steven Ageroad

If you look at the Grealish heading chance again, with the camera to the side of the goal, to me I looks as though Grealish heads the ball onto Betts outstretched fist and therefore avoids a goal but to me Betts should have come out a lot sooner/quicker.

EastEndWhite

Quote from: Steven Ageroad on May 29, 2018, 03:08:00 PM

We will find out next season.  He deserves his chance.

Milo

Yes for me.

Hasn't done anything wrong? Not sure where you consider him to have weaknesses? Can't see anything glaring myself and he will only get better. I agree with another thread that he will play for England in future due to state of current options.

cookieg

He deserves his chance but we need a very good no.2 to step in if he starts to wobble. We can't afford to be too loyal if things are going pear shaped.

BestOfBrede

Here we go re this and that player isn't good enough!
We could (possibly) argue the for and against (strengths/weakness's) of each every player currently in the first team, but...
How about we enjoy the moment and see what Slavisa thinks of the squad and where we need to strengthen and/or replace?
Surely, no one can deny that we should trust in our coach - at last!