watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Piazon and the list of should he stay's or should he go's

Started by simplyfulham, May 29, 2018, 11:02:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

simplyfulham

In light of the result on Saturday there have been a fair few posts about possible teams for next season and which members of the current squad should be retained or allowed to leave to make way for incoming talent. Piazon seems to have got a bad write up, with most on here seemingly happy to let him wander back to Chelsea without much of a fuss. Which is fair enough I guess.

I just wanted a chance to fight his corner, if we had gone up last season and we were having the same conversation, I feel that the general opinion on Piazon would be somewhat different. He had a superb end to the season last year and helped to pick up a few vital points to move us into the promotion places - and that's with the broken jaw he suffered last year.

He was extremely unlucky again to pick up another major injury this season, which has made life hard for him to gain some form and force his way back into a winning side in the second half of this season. Because he's not overly quick or strong, some of his finer points get lost in the argument about how good he actually is.

When we're talking about players to keep hold of for next year, I just want us to remember that he's not actually a right winger - he just plays there to fit into the system. He's much more a number 10, which is partly why he's also been utilised out left at times. His situation is not unlike Tom Cairney, who was a number 10 usually playing on the right of a midfield 4. Cairney was utilised in lots of positions that didn't suit his skills when he was younger at Blackburn and Hull, and even his time here - he was initially used out right.

I think if you're looking for someone to deputise for Cairney next year, we could do a lot worse then retain Piazon and move him inside to a position he'd be far more effectual and would feel far more natural.

Anyway.. here's a video.

BestOfBrede

Agree with you Simplyfulham. I think he has the skill and determination which will probably suit the Premier more than the Championship.
He also appears to really like being here, which helps of course!
I'd keep him if the deal was a reasonable one and that lot down the road don't try and rip us off.
If they want too much, for a player they are obviously not interested in, then we should sadly say thanks Lucas and goodbye.