watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Next seasons PL fixtures...

Started by Jimpav, May 31, 2018, 12:30:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jimpav

The fixture list comes out 2 weeks today, but who would be your top pick for each of these  matches and why?

1. First home game of the season

2. Any away game

3. Boxing day

4. Last home game of the season

Tex

1. For the first home game preferably it is our first game (then it improves the chances I can go) and then hopefully someone beatable so huddersfield for me, or we get Cardiff and smash them.

For the rest, it is unlikely that I can go to most away days & I definitely can't make boxing day.

4. For the last home game (as it is one of the few I may be able to get to in a season) hopefully something winnable again so... Watford maybe??...

Mitch

The top six are guaranteed not to play each other at the start or end of the season. Usually this means that there's a chance one of three promoted sides ends up with one of the teams who are given special favour (a nonsense agreement). With that in mind I'm guessing City or United away.

Woolly Mammoth

I will take Manchester City either home or away first game, there is never a good time to play them I don't think, unless it's just before or just after they have played a European game. We could catch them a little off pace first game. Plus we get them over and done with for at least half our League Fixtures against them.
I reckon we have a better chance of beating them at the start of a season. Assuming of course there is such a thing as a better chance.
There aren't any easy matches, some might be easier to negotiate. But it doesn't really matter who we play or when, nobody is going to roll over.
It's as hard or as easy as we make it.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

filham

1st Home Game           Cardiff------                   We need a good start
Away Game                 Watford-----------           Grandaughter a big fan, I can get tickets and easy to get to.
Boxing Day-                 Spurs or Arsenal            Local Derby
Final Match                  Cardiff  -----------          We may need the points.

FFChris

1st home game.....any team that had a lot of players at the world cup as they may be fatigued
Away Game.....Spurs at their new stadium
Boxing Day.....Chelsea at the Cottage
Final match.....Chelsea away so we become champions at their ground

hovewhite

Brighton home
Brighton b/d
Cardiff at the cottage to send them down!

FirstCoastFulham

Bournemouth for first home game, a reasonable challenge to see what we're made of in the PL.

Liverpool away, because if I were going to pick an away day I've always liked Anfield as a ground

Chelsea home on Boxing Day, nothing like a Boxing Day derby

Cardiff on last day to confirm our safety if it's in any doubt at that point (touch wood we'll be well safe by then)

MJG

Let's just get Burnley away as early as possible so we can get that defeat out the way.
Just the views of a long term fan

JHS66

All I ask is that we are at home on Boxing Day (how long has it been ?!) and at home on the last game of the season against a team who are beatable just in case we need it.

The Rock

Quote from: MJG on May 31, 2018, 06:27:57 PM
Let's just get Burnley away as early as possible so we can get that defeat out the way.

And Everton away as well - such a bogie club for us.

Hopefully this will all change.

First match would like to see Man City away. Don't think many teams will have us sussed early in the season. Lets get down to business.

love4ffc

1. First home game of the season - any game that I can catch on the tele

2. Any away game - any game that I can catch on the tele

3. Boxing day - any game that I can catch on the tele

4. Last home game of the season - any game that I can catch on the tele

In all seriousness Cardiff would be a good opening match.  As for last match I hope it's against one of the bottom three so as to hopefully end the season with a win. 
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

WhiteJC

Quote from: MJG on May 31, 2018, 06:27:57 PM

0001.jpeg

KJS

1. Southampton - to give Hughes abuse :005:

2. Man City - Get them early  :54:

3. Chelsea at Home  :54:

4. Liverpool as by then they'd have nothing to play for once again  :003:

Andy S

I'd like spurs for the first game away as if the stadium isn't ready it may be a Wembley reunion. Boxing Day at home to anyone. Last three games of the season Huddersfield Southampton and Watford A as it is local to me

Count Flapula

Bournemouth away first - nice trip to the beach in August to pick up 3 points ;-)

Maidstone Lee

Quote from: Jimpav on May 31, 2018, 12:30:11 PM

The fixture list comes out 2 weeks today, but who would be your top pick for each of these  matches and why?

1. First home game of the season

2. Any away game

3. Boxing day

4. Last home game of the season

1. Away to Southampton, we'll take a large following down there.

2. Looking forward to West Ham away next year. New ground to tick off.

3. Home to Chelsea, it's about time we played at home on Boxing Day.

4. Home to Cardiff, hopefully a FFC win to send Colin down.
Stand up if you still believe!
@LeeWarner19