watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

7 days ago?

Started by South Coast White, June 01, 2018, 09:31:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

South Coast White

OK guys. This time last week how were you feeling. Personally pretty confident with an element uncertainty. No sleep, but hoped and prayed. The guys delivered our dreams.

Southcoastffc

Just quiet enjoyment at the prospect.  Same as I feel now about next season. Savour the moment.  092.gif
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

KJS

I was very drunk in Richmond  :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer:

Woolly Mammoth

I was quietly confident last Friday at this time, and I expected to be apprehensive on Saturday  the day of the match, with the pressure and nerves kicking in. But I still felt fairly relaxed, mainly because I was confident that if we played somewhere near our potential, we would exploit their weaknesses. So I was nowhere near as nervous as I thought I would be, probably because looking back I felt our team were more than good enough to beat them in a straight duel.
In fact I did not touch a drop of alcohol before the match apart from a small dark rum.
But I endeavoured to make up for it in those post match celebrations.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

alfie

Just does not seem like a week ago
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Woolly Mammoth

That's right, it doesn't, I have started to ask myself did it really happen, or is it a dream that I will wake up from.

Never forget your Roots.

Camel Club

I was always quietly confident. My only fear was that the players wouldn't do themselves justice on the day. It was clear outside Wembley that our fans believed rather than just hoped (something I can't ever remember happening before) and there was a real feeling of destiny in the air.

On the pitch it was clear within the first 5 minutes that we had turned up? that we were going to play our expansive possession football and that we had no intention of letting this opportunity pass by.

Having said that I still can't quite believe that we're back in the Premier League. The implications for our club failing to go up this season were enormous. The squad would have been ripped apart, we'd have almost certainly lost our manager and promotion would have probably been set back for a lot longer than just one more season. 

Not only did last Saturday mark our promotion it signified a change in mindset for all those associated with Fulham Football Club.

Fernhurst

Think we will appreciate the vast change it has meant to our club when we witness what happens at Villa.

We require a few more slices of luck with our recruitment (a la January) to ensure our squad is robust enough to survive our first season back.
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

Andy S

Can the word Fulhamish now be banished to a previous time

RaySmith

Looking back on our remarkable run of results and surge up the table, to be pushing Cardiff all the way, when they had seemed uncatchable - well, I was one of the few on here who said we could do it, but in my heart I didn't really think we would, but I hoped- it just seems incredible, like a dream.

Then the home semi-final against Derby, which I attended, and felt very nervous about, and then last week's triumph. I felt very apprehensive this time last week, getting ready to travel to the game -this was Fulham after all, but also excited. But as the game went on, I felt increasingly confident, amongst the tremendous Fulham support, though the last twenty minutes was very nerve wracking.

But what an achievement, and I have to pinch myself to see if it's a dream. But it's a reality - we did it. Fulham are in the Prem. Today I feel a bit flat, after last week's excited anticipation, but nothing like how it would feel if we'd lost that Final last week, which would be awful, and I can't wait for  next season to begin.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: RaySmith on June 02, 2018, 03:26:42 AM
Looking back on our remarkable run of results and surge up the table, to be pushing Cardiff all the way, when they had seemed uncatchable - well, I was one of the few on here who said we could do it, but in my heart I didn't really think we would, but I hoped- it just seems incredible, like a dream.

Then the home semi-final against Derby, which I attended, and felt very nervous about, and then last week's triumph.s I felt very apprehensive this time last week, getting ready to travel to the game -this was Fulham after all, but also excited. But as the game went on, I felt increasingly confident, amongst the tremendous Fulham support, though the last twenty minutes was very nerve wracking.

But what an achievement, and I have to pinch myself to see if it's a dream. But it's a reality - we did it. Fulham are in the Prem. Today I feel a bit flat, after last week's excited anticipation, but nothing like how it would feel if we'd lost that Final last week, which would be awful, and I can't wait for  next season to begin.

Now that you mention it, you make a very salient point that it is significant.
How would we have felt if our hopes and aspirations had not gone to plan, and it was us leaving the stadium earlier than planned after losing the Final, and the aftermath of the realisation that we would spend the summer in mourning, anticipating witnessing the team break up and watching the manager getting poached, knowing that to stand a chance of challenging again next year we would have to rise from the ashes with a rebuilt team, and the feeling of failure even though the season had been inspiring doesn't bear thinking about.
But as you say, like yourself I am now looking forward to next season with optimism, achievement and pride.

Never forget your Roots.

SP

By this time on Saturday morning I was a nervous wreck & it only got worse in the buildup to kickoff.  I watched the FFC fans in the pubs & fan zone & they seemed so relaxed & carefree - the benefits of alcohol!

I was relieved when AK47 was announced in the team.  My main concern was the thought our team would be dismantled, either in a positive way (additions) or negatively through the sale of our biggest talent.

Celebrating in the pub at London Bridge was surreal, FFC fans taking over the pub, a group of 'hens' celebrating our victory & chatting to a fitness coach from the Tigana years.  Brilliant.

Pud

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GS4VucvEEmc

Fantastic hour long video from the fans perspective.