more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Kit Symons

Started by Andy S, June 03, 2018, 12:07:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lighthouse

Quote from: Fernhurst on June 03, 2018, 02:51:51 AM
We played some sensational football under Kit, despite him never having control of the squad to pick from.

Our club was behaving like Leeds for a while until Kit bought about some solidity and a rise up the table to 9th.
Then came a period when results turned sour and he was sacked when in 12th..... Despite some amateurs absorbing opinions who knows what may have been achieved given the operating system we now have.

Kit was one of our own and never ever deserved some of the vile treatment he received on this board.

Unlike Kit, Slavs experience was plain to see and he set about winning the power battle leading us ultimately to Wembley.
Still no requirement to rip into a guy who saved our season with more than one hand tied behind his back.

Agree 100 per cent. Kit did a good job under trying circumstances. Anyone who wets themselves over Joka should remember he could do no better than Kit with the same squad in that season. Eventually Joka with the help of Kline and co had a squad he could mould to his way of playing and then he seems to have taken complete control. We needed a coach who could fight hos corner as well as win promotion. Not sure Kit had that experience yet.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

colinwhite

Lighthouse ,what are you going on about? Kit Symons brand of football was based on his own experiences ,from the eighties. Granted anything would have been better than Magath but that was about it.
Naturally ,building what we have seen in the last two seasons in terms of football takes time. Could Symmons have achieved that given time and his own squad ? Never in a million years. I am firmly in the bracket of the people wetting themselves. Jokanovic is a superb manager and coach, dont you agree Lighthouse?

f bloke

Quote from: @jolslover on June 03, 2018, 11:40:16 AM
ahahaa kit wasn't a good manager at all. He was playing Kavanagh on the wing ahead of Roberts.

One of the many things I had against him. He always came across as a team player and a good bloke and probably a good person to have on the non playing staff but had nothing like the presence or the core intelligence to be a number one or even a number two. I didn't want him appointed and was not sorry to see him go. SJ operates at a totally different level

Twig

Quote from: Lighthouse on June 03, 2018, 02:07:40 PM
Quote from: Fernhurst on June 03, 2018, 02:51:51 AM
We played some sensational football under Kit, despite him never having control of the squad to pick from.

Our club was behaving like Leeds for a while until Kit bought about some solidity and a rise up the table to 9th.
Then came a period when results turned sour and he was sacked when in 12th..... Despite some amateurs absorbing opinions who knows what may have been achieved given the operating system we now have.

Kit was one of our own and never ever deserved some of the vile treatment he received on this board.

Unlike Kit, Slavs experience was plain to see and he set about winning the power battle leading us ultimately to Wembley.
Still no requirement to rip into a guy who saved our season with more than one hand tied behind his back.

Agree 100 per cent. Kit did a good job under trying circumstances. Anyone who wets themselves over Joka should remember he could do no better than Kit with the same squad in that season. Eventually Joka with the help of Kline and co had a squad he could mould to his way of playing and then he seems to have taken complete control. We needed a coach who could fight hos corner as well as win promotion. Not sure Kit had that experience yet.

Talk about damning our most successful manager since RH with faint praise.  Whilst I recognise Kit did a decent job in difficult circumstances, he was not and never will be, in SJ's league as coach, manager, tactician etc. Sign me up as another one who wets themselves over Slavisa as our manager.

Surely you would go along with that Lighthouse?

cmg

Quote from: Statto on June 03, 2018, 02:49:24 PM
Here's an opinion that i'm sure most will disagree with but i believe... all those things that symons was missing - authority, brains, tactics, experience - magath had in spades, to the extent that i always had more confidence in magath eventually being a success for us, than i ever did in symons.

"Success has many fathers, but failure is an orphan."
I, too, admit to being excited by Magath's appointment - a bold and unexpected choice. Like you I was impressed by his attributes as a player, forgetting the precept (that I have expressed here several times) that inspirational, creative, hard-working, high class, talented midfielders are so attractive as managerial prospects and so often end up as failures.
His, I think was a failure to relate to people. Harsh discipline has its place, but first you need to  win respect.
He hasn't done much since departure.

@jolslover

Quote from: Statto on June 03, 2018, 02:49:24 PM
Here's an opinion that i'm sure most will disagree with but i believe... all those things that symons was missing - authority, brains, tactics, experience - magath had in spades, to the extent that i always had more confidence in magath eventually being a success for us, than i ever did in symons.

Yh I think this is real, Magath did shockingly for us in the champ because I think he underestimated the league, He played mostly youth players but I think in the long run these youth players would have improved with experience and by time Kit was sacked we would have been in a better position ... I don't know, All speculation but my opinion.
STH H3

WokinghamWhite

It seemed like every time I looked down at the technical area, Kit was standing there writing things in a little notebook. I used to wonder what he was writing, because it never seemed to result in improved tactics or performance.

HV71

Fulham through and through - great human being - rightly loved by many and in many ways a true legend . Stepped in and up when needed and should always be treated with respect and welcomed at the Cottage with open arms . Just not good enough as a manager - hard to say and live with - but true. Doesn't make him a worse bloke.

Lighthouse

Quote from: colinwhite on June 03, 2018, 02:30:20 PM
Lighthouse ,what are you going on about? Kit Symons brand of football was based on his own experiences ,from the eighties. Granted anything would have been better than Magath but that was about it.
Naturally ,building what we have seen in the last two seasons in terms of football takes time. Could Symmons have achieved that given time and his own squad ? Never in a million years. I am firmly in the bracket of the people wetting themselves. Jokanovic is a superb manager and coach, dont you agree Lighthouse?

You don't know what I am on about and yet repeat my points back to me. My last points you repeat exactly although the taking advantage and the battle with Kline etc may have been a bit too subtle or tongue in cheek when I say that I am not sure Kit had that experience yet. For that I apologise. 
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Fernhurst

Thank you one an all for some diverse opinions that did not disintegrate into a complete character assassination of a very good servant to our club.
Kit and his sacking has caused some major shouting matches, however, this thread has stayed within the boundaries of decorum. Cheers👍
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.