https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Who will win the World Cup?

Started by Russianrob, June 04, 2018, 10:39:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SWSixer

HatterDon

Quote from: maoconnor on June 05, 2018, 08:01:48 PM
Would LOVE to see Belgium or England win it all.

The World Cup without the United States (as an American) is a shock, for as long as I have been alive they have been in it (although not very good beyond 2002)...but we didn't deserve to be there and it is our fault. I fear the USMNT is in some deeply troubling times ahead.

As a neutral, this will be an excellent world cup to watch!

My, you ARE a young lad ... .
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Flupp

Football is a simple game. Twenty-two men chase a ball for 90 minutes and at the end,
the Germans always win.

"take me home al fayed to the place where i belong craven cottage by the river take me home al fayed"

Burt

Heart = England.

Head = Germany.

HV71

Burt - Hart didn't even make the squad - so it has to be Germany

ex-Pat

Engeeeeeeerland,,,,,,,,first time in years I have no complaints about the squad , got rid of usual deadbeats,,,,GET IN THERE..........

Woolly Mammoth

My heart ❣ definitely says England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿, my head thinks it's a more open competition than normal, apart from the usual suspects who are not as good as their reputation suggests.
There will be one or two dark horses that may surprise the big guns, Belgium, Serbia and Columbia spring to mind, but there may be others.
Teams are no longer the pushovers they may have been in the past, they are fitter and well organised, coached and prepared, some of their players now play in the big Leagues, so they are also a lot wiser. There could be some very close matches.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

gang

Einigkeit und Recht und Freiheit will be played at the end of the tournament.
Germany will win.

toshes mate

I hope the best team wins and that isn't Germany.....

Carborundum

Haven't the foggiest really.  Thoroughly enjoyed Italia 90 when England got to the semi final, so I'll hope for that.  They seem to be more of a team these days, so thee are grounds for hope.

Watching football with polite interest rather than deep involvement doesn't come easy to me.  If you think the Cottage is gut-wrenching, Surrey Youth League takes the biscuit.  World Cup early stages, not so much.

Steeeeeeeeeed

I think its an Incredibly open this year, and wouldn't surprise me to see a number of upsets, etc.

I have Sweden to win just cos the odds are so good, (150/1... e/w) and may make it interesting. I would say they have as much chance as England, who also could do better than people think.

But then I can see about twelve teams in with a chance, whereas I would usually say about 4-5 teams.

For a previous winner, I think Argentina will step up, Messi's last chance to win it, etc.

YankeeJim

Quote from: HatterDon on June 06, 2018, 04:54:54 AM
Quote from: maoconnor on June 05, 2018, 08:01:48 PM
Would LOVE to see Belgium or England win it all.

The World Cup without the United States (as an American) is a shock, for as long as I have been alive they have been in it (although not very good beyond 2002)...but we didn't deserve to be there and it is our fault. I fear the USMNT is in some deeply troubling times ahead.

As a neutral, this will be an excellent world cup to watch!

My, you ARE a young lad ... .

Mac, you need to take a look at the young talent that the US has. Don, I think its his youth that make him pessimistic. When you get older, you know things will go bad. LOL The US is the only Fulhamish national team.
Maybe Eddie Pope has a 6'4" 20 year old son.
Anyway, as I said, Iceland in penalties over England.
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

EastEndWhite

Quote from: EastEndWhite on June 05, 2018, 05:54:47 PM
When I've had a look at who's in it I'll let you know.

😴

I've had a look and I'm going to say Belgium.

love4ffc

Agree with Grandad, who cares.  The US men couldn't get it done, from the sounds of it England won't be very good.  If I watch a match it will be to watch Fulham players. 
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

Woolly Mammoth

I care, and I am hoping England will continue to play without fear as they have been doing in their recent unbeaten run, with pace and one and two touch passing movements, and at least have a go and do their best.
The expectations are a lot less this time round, and it's a very young team, so hopefully there will be less pressure. 
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

PartizanFC

Serbia,of course
Mitro will score 10 goals,his value will be 50mil after WC..so mr  Khan..hurry
092.gif :drums: :wine: 082.gif 049:gif