watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The gravy train about to get even more valuable

Started by Riversider, June 07, 2018, 11:47:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Riversider

Amazon have just won the right to show 20 games a season from the 2019/2020 season for 3 years, no details yet as to what day or times their games are going to be shown.

Mitch

Hmmm.. interesting. I'm thinking mid-week games maybe? A bit like Twitter won rights to show some NFL games on their platform, albeit for free.

bramble

Link to article:

https://www.theguardian.com/media/2018/jun/07/amazon-breaks-premier-league-hold-of-sky-and-bt-with-streaming-deal

Also, I think I read that they will stream all 10 matches over one bank holiday and another 10 matches on a weekday sometime.  Can't find where I saw it now though!

bramble

fulhamben

More like fans get fleeced again. So that's sky, BT sport and now amazon, the worst of the streaming sites that you have to subscribe to if you want to watch football on telly
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Nero

The online streaming service has won the rights to show every game from the first round of midweek fixtures in December and all 10 matches on Boxing Day as part of the three-year deal.

toshes mate

It would be nice to dream of a time when people attending football matches live see a drop in their costs of admission as a result of all the media money floating about. Full stadia are a sure way of improving on pitch standards with super atmospheres providing a very different experience to watching on a TV etc.  I can dream, anyway.

Nero

Quote from: toshes mate on June 07, 2018, 03:12:52 PM
It would be nice to dream of a time when people attending football matches live see a drop in their costs of admission as a result of all the media money floating about. Full stadia are a sure way of improving on pitch standards with super atmospheres providing a very different experience to watching on a TV etc.  I can dream, anyway.

It will never happen, that was the romantic idea when it all started happening and then the agents went oh your get x millions form tv you can afford to pay my player Y now and he will deffo sign for you and my fee will be Z. Thanks very much

Texas White

We cut the cable about 5 years ago. Saved me a fortune in cable costs. I only stream and pay for what I want to watch.

Nero

So if I have this right Amazon have brought 20 games all in December so it would only cost £7.99 to watch them all as you would only need a 1 month subscription, and also it will only cover about 3/4 days.  Seems like they are streaming ever game other each period which is 10 games in period 20 teams so looks like you will be able to choose who you want to watch unlike Sky with it heres Man Utd again policy

Mitch

Quote from: Texas White on June 07, 2018, 04:03:19 PM
We cut the cable about 5 years ago. Saved me a fortune in cable costs. I only stream and pay for what I want to watch.

Same. Never looked back

HamsterWheel

No need to spend £7.99 to watch the Amazon games - use the month's free trial.

hovewhite

Quote from: Nero on June 07, 2018, 03:51:00 PM

It will never happen, that was the romantic idea when it all started happening and then the agents went oh your get x millions form tv you can afford to pay my player Y now and he will deffo sign for you and my fee will be Z. Thanks very much
hence Fulham inflating there prices for next season ,disgusting and pure pure greed in sure that a lot of tourists will take the working man's place!!

Logicalman

Totally agree. Considering the gate receipts pale in comparison to other streams of income, it wouldn't dent the finances to provide some level of price freeze for previous STHs, as long as they renew the ST as is, even if just for a 3 year rolling window.
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.