watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

It has been a long time

Started by Nightwind15, June 07, 2018, 12:44:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nightwind15

I remember all too well being told by fans on this board that after McBride and then after Dempsey were gone I would be one of the American fan base that simply faded away.  Over the past years I have followed Fulham through print and game feeds as I could find them regularly.  I am here and have been here all along, so put that in your pipe and smoke it. 

The excitement I feel knowing there will be televised matches next season is fantastic.  Congratulations to the team on promotion and thank you for the excitement you have given an old player, official and Fulham fan. 

Sincerely,
Nightwind
I played in the first match I ever saw!

the nutflush

Haha.  I remember those comments.  All the international fans were going to jump off.  Its harder being overseas and not getting to see your team play as much due to the lack of coverage of the lower leagues.  Good for you for sticking with it.

FulhamPHX

Pretty sure there's more than a few of us roaming the boards.  I made do with the dodgy GJ streams via the app, paid up for the overseas membership last season, though it couldn't be viewed on mobile (annoying).  Very happy to be able to watch the boys with the rest on NBC here in the States in the fall. 

SP

FFCsince64

It was mentioned in this thread that Premier League games will be televised in the USA on NBC.  I'm sure not all games will be on live TV here.  Can someone fill in American fans of FFC as to what live TV channels and video streams will be available to us when the new season starts in August?  Will it still make sense for us to subscribe to Fulham TV (other than to hear the splendid voice and enthusiasm of Gentleman Jim)?  Will the subscription price be the same for the 2018-19 season?   

YankeeJim

In the past, NBC broadcast Fulham Prem games. I get it through Dish Network and often watched matches either on the computer (Dish Anywhere) which was of the same quality as the telly.
Given my great age, I might remember incorrectly but I don't recall missing any games.  The added gem is that the matches will also be offered at the local pubs as well. Nothing finer then a London Pride and Fulham at 7AM at the Fox & Hounds in North Hollywood!

Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

FulhamKC

I stuck with FFC even after Eddie Lewis left!

love4ffc

One would hope that if we as foreign fans have stuck with Fulham through this little hiccup in their history then  we as individuals would no longer be thought of as plastic fans.  If individuals out there do still think that......well then I don't think you really understand what it is to be a Fulham fan  :group hug:
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

Cambridge Pete

Well said Nightwind. If your a Fulham supporter thats the main thing

Jimpav

You'll be gone when Ream leaves!  :hook:

Nightwind15

Quote from: FulhamKC on June 07, 2018, 11:42:00 PM
I stuck with FFC even after Eddie Lewis left!
Oh my, I forgot the unforgettable Eddie Lewis. 

Nightwind15

filham

Of course we are pleased to have fans from overseas but you from the USA must be reminded that we now expect you to send players of the quality of McBride, Dempsey and Ream from time to time.
I would think the next McBride is due pretty soon now.

Logicalman

Quote from: filham on June 08, 2018, 12:26:05 PM
Of course we are pleased to have fans from overseas but you from the USA must be reminded that we now expect you to send players of the quality of McBride, Dempsey and Ream from time to time.

Not with the bunch we currently have playing over here there won't.   :005:
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

Logicalman

Quote from: Nightwind15 on June 07, 2018, 12:44:16 PM
I remember all too well being told by fans on this board that after McBride and then after Dempsey were gone I would be one of the American fan base that simply faded away.  Over the past years I have followed Fulham through print and game feeds as I could find them regularly.  I am here and have been here all along, so put that in your pipe and smoke it. 

The excitement I feel knowing there will be televised matches next season is fantastic.  Congratulations to the team on promotion and thank you for the excitement you have given an old player, official and Fulham fan. 

Sincerely,
Nightwind

Good post mate.
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

Logicalman

Quote from: YankeeJim on June 07, 2018, 06:05:18 PM
In the past, NBC broadcast Fulham Prem games. I get it through Dish Network and often watched matches either on the computer (Dish Anywhere) which was of the same quality as the telly.
Given my great age, I might remember incorrectly but I don't recall missing any games.  The added gem is that the matches will also be offered at the local pubs as well. Nothing finer then a London Pride and Fulham at 7AM at the Fox & Hounds in North Hollywood!

Not sure who is bidding this season, or whether the upcoming season is still covered under a previous package.

Yup, ESB or Pride is always tastier when wearing the colours, especially when used to wash down a bacon sarnie!!

here's the current list from the PL site:
USA - NBC 
USA - CNBC 
USA - NBC App 
USA - NBC SN 
USA - NBC Sport 
USA - USA Network
USA - NBC Sports Gold 
USA - Universo 
USA - Telemundo

MisfitKid

I was here before McBride and not going anywhere...
What does that get me?   049:gif 082.gif
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most...

Logicalman

Quote from: MisfitKid on June 08, 2018, 11:59:54 PM
I was here before McBride and not going anywhere...
What does that get me?   049:gif 082.gif

Thanks

FulhamKC

Then we need to go get Christian Pulisic from Dortmund. He looks to be the real deal.

MisfitKid

Quote from: FulhamKC on June 09, 2018, 12:09:28 AM

Then we need to go get Christian Pulisic from Dortmund. He looks to be the real deal.

Yes please.  We can dream.
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most...