watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Which game last season really changed our season for the best

Started by The Swan, June 07, 2018, 07:45:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Swan

Apart from the playoffs which game really changed our season.
We won a number of games in added time thus turning one point into three.
I think the away win at Middlesbrough really set us on our way.
In that game we could have lost but we kept digging in and got a very late penalty.
We had one point but when Norwood slotted in the penalty we got three points from the game.
That was on the 13th of January and we never looked back( apart from Birmingham)
The Swan

colinwhite

Cardiff away for me 5 goals and it could have  been more.That turned the tide.

Fernhurst

Millwall away....... could not believe the hostile atmosphere the Wall fans created.
The boys took it and smashed it back at em, very brave performance by Fulham. 
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

Southcoastffc

Sunderland away - a timely kick up the bum after which the players had a real heart to heart.
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

fluffyninja

Sheff U away , the run of form was still patchy but the shoots were there , Utd and Bristol City looked nailed on for the playoffs for me at that point in the season but both faded.

Riversider

Easy to answer, Sheffield United away turned our season on its head, if they had beaten us that day the gap between us would have been massive, we ended their season,
Sessegnon was finally played in his correct position, and the rest as they say , was history.

Pieter A’dam

When we played Wolves at home I believed we could go for direct promotion or win play offs, we demonstrated high quality. They were supposed the best side in the league, but we dominated them. Oh it was bitter cold that day :-)

SuffolkWhite

Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

WokinghamWhite

Moving Sess from left back to left wing, getting Mitro and Targett into the squad, and the confidence boost of the win away to Cardiff.

Hoppus

HV71

In a strange way the last minute Brentford equaliser - which was really what condemned us to the play offs - and to a glorious victory at Wem- ber- lee   !!!!!

BedsFFC

Quote from: Southcoastffc on June 07, 2018, 07:56:14 PM
Sunderland away - a timely kick up the bum after which the players had a real heart to heart.

100% agree

FFC_Benster

I hoped this question would come up, and I remember the game so well. Barnsley vs Fulham on 27/01

I was buying a caravan at the time and the guys were fitting a towbar to my car. My whole family were stuck in this brand new van for 90 minutes on Saturday afternoon with nothing else but BBC Sport text to watch. Huddled round my phone we were 1-0 down after 30 minutes but they had a player sent off on 45 and we equalised through Sess on 49 mins but just couldn't break them down. Wave after wave of pressure and although it looked like being 'one of those days' all 4 of us just KNEW we were going to do it. Even on 90 minutes we were refreshing the text and waiting for the goal to come. 90+2 minutes and up steps K-Mac to win the game then blow me down if Sess didn't add another on 90+5 and we won 1-3. THAT was the game that made me believe we were going to do it. Emotions were running high in the van but I gathered the clan and stated that if, IF, we go up this season....this was the defining moment..

.....and so it proved. In my mind that was the single moment that gave us the true belief

Wingnut

Villa at home for me. It was a big scalp in the race for the promotion places and that win gave the team and the fans a massive lift.
Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

gang

Middlesbrough away, I was in Australia listening to Gentleman Jim and suddenly believed the impossible could happen.

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

Quote from: fluffyninja on June 07, 2018, 08:38:58 PM
Sheff U away , the run of form was still patchy but the shoots were there , Utd and Bristol City looked nailed on for the playoffs for me at that point in the season but both faded.

Same for me
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

Sgt Fulham

Maybe not the most important but I believe both PNE games were pivotal. The home game say the return of TC, and barely off crutches he instrumented a comeback from 2-0 down. The impact of his absence was very telling but gave us hope that we would surge up the table when he was back. We did. The away game was on the back of that incredible run against what was basically the top 6 teams around us. I thought there was no way we could keep doing it, especially with Deepdale being such a difficult place to get a result. While not with the swagger of Aston Villa, Wolves or Sheffield Utd at home we managed it, clawing our way to victory. That is the difference between this year's team and last year's team. Oh, and Mitro, who of course scored the winner.

The difference between promotion and Rotherham away.

RoyTund

Quote from: rogerpinvirginia on June 08, 2018, 02:06:45 AM
Quote from: fluffyninja on June 07, 2018, 08:38:58 PM

Same for me

This and this. Crazy game. But we suddenly started scoring again.

hovewhite

Quote from: Southcoastffc on June 07, 2018, 07:56:14 PMdefining glseason changer
defining season changer

Slaphead in Qatar

Preston away - mitro last minute goal

Gentlemen Jim's commentary when mitro scored 'and the Preston gk is sat on his backside and is ab so lootly deva stated'