Main Menu

Newcastle want £20m for Aleksandar Mitrovic

Started by WhiteJC, June 14, 2018, 12:36:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woolly Mammoth

Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

bill taylors apprentice

Oooh er! 20 millions a lot of money, are we really really sure?

Hang on, how much did we pay for Mitroglou & Fonte?
Not to mention Ruiz!

Oh OK!  Seems like 20 million is a bargain for Mitro

The Swan

This is the one signing I was hoping that we would complete ( also Targett if possible).

At least we know the standard of these two players and they suit out system.
The Swan

Woolly Mammoth

It is imperative we sign Mitro, Newcastle are willing to sell him, which is half the battle, Mitro knows the set up and the players and the Manager. That's the other half of the battle.
It's just a matter of putting his Monika on some forms and the cough drop in the Medical Room.
Then handing over £20 million English Pounds in crisp 50 pound notes in a dozen and a half suit cases which could be the hard part, if your not used to counting in these denominations. 💷💷💷💷💷💷💷💷💷💷💷💷💷💷💷💷💷💷💷💷💷💷💷💷💷💷💷💷💷💷💷💷💷💷💷💷💷💷💷💷💷💷💷💷💷💷💷💷💷💷💷💷💷💷💷💷💷💷💷💷💷💷💷💷💷💷💷💷💷💷💷
💷💷💷💷💷💷💷💷💷💷💷💷💷💷💷💷💷💷💷💷💷💷💷💷💷💷💷💷💷💷💷💷💷💷💷💷💷💷💷💷💷💷💷💷💷💷💷💷💷💷💷💷💷💷💷💷💷💷💷💷💷💷💷💷💷💷💷💷💷💷💷💷💷💷💷💷💷💷💷💷💷💷💷💷💷💷💷💷💷💷💷💷💷💷💷💷💷💷💷💷💷💷💷💷💷💷💷💷💷💷💷💷💷💷💷💷💷💷💷💷💷💷💷💷💷💷💷💷💷💷💷💷💷💷💷💷💷💷💷💷💷💷💷💷💷💷💷💷💷💷💷💷💷💷💷💷💷💷💷💷💷💷💷💷💷💷💷💷💷💷💷💷💷💷💷💷💷💷💷💷💷💷💷💷💷💷💷💷💷💷💷💷💷💷💷💷💷💷💷💷💷💷💷💷💷💷💷💷💷💷💷💷💷💷💷💷💷💷💷💷💷💷💷💷💷💷💷💷💷💷💷💷💷💷💷💷💷💷💷💷💷💷💷💷💷💷💷💷💷💷💷💷💷

Then we must try and secure Matt Targett.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

JoelH5

Newcastle will know we really want him so I think Ashley will just ask for something silly like 30
I was there, standing in the Putney end

RoyTund

New Kid on the Block

If the price quoted is correct, then that is a bargain. I'm hoping a posse of money men are flying over to Russia, as I type this, with a fountain pen, a chequebook, and a nice, new contract. Here's hoping!

Baston White

Just watched "Goal of the Season" poll.
His goals and movement off the ball were absolutely brilliant.
Sign him up if we are to be competitive next season. 049:gif

filham

£20m would be a record for Fulham and no doubt make a hole in our transfer budget. However I suspect that we are not going to get anyone as good for less money.

Think of the money wasted on previous top players like Marley, Mitroglou, Ruiz and Fonte. Mitrovic has proven himself here and the risk of a repeat of those earlier failures is removed.

We need to make this signing before other clubs get their act together and I hope our man is now at Kings X ready to board the fast train to Newcastle with a credit card at the ready, cheque book in his briefcase and pockets bulging with Bank Of England notes to the value of £20m. We don't want the method of payment to become an issue.

Holders

Non sumus statione ferriviaria

Madman Maddle

One issue the common football fan like you and me doesn't understand: If we show our cards early, Newcastle will up the price. So even if they said the price is 20m, if Fulham take the fast train to Newcastle with 20m in their suitcase, Newcastle will ask for 30m. That's why transfer business is so complicated. Sellers want to maximise their profit, buyers want to get their target at the lowest price possible. Overpaying for a player you want badly is easy in theory. But if we show our cards too early, it might cost us an extra 10m down the road as Newcastle is willing to let the World Cup play out before selling.

Holders

Quote from: Madman Maddle on June 15, 2018, 11:15:26 AM
One issue the common football fan like you and me doesn't understand: If we show our cards early, Newcastle will up the price. So even if they said the price is 20m, if Fulham take the fast train to Newcastle with 20m in their suitcase, Newcastle will ask for 30m. That's why transfer business is so complicated. Sellers want to maximise their profit, buyers want to get their target at the lowest price possible. Overpaying for a player you want badly is easy in theory. But if we show our cards too early, it might cost us an extra 10m down the road as Newcastle is willing to let the World Cup play out before selling.

Doesn't that go without saying in any similar type purchase?

Madman Maddle

Quote from: Holders on June 15, 2018, 11:25:33 AM
Quote from: Madman Maddle on June 15, 2018, 11:15:26 AM

Doesn't that go without saying in any similar type purchase?
Of course. But transfer business in football takes it to another level. We as fans want the club to present new signings as early as possible, despite having no clue what goes on behind the scenes.

I too want Mitro to sign for us today, before bigger clubs joins the race when he scores at the World Cup. Since what he did for us this season was nothing short of incredible, Newcastle know that we want him badly anyway. This fact doesn't make business easier for us. If I'm Newcastle I'm waiting for Mitro to boost his stock at the World Cup and let a bidding war begin. If Mitro doesn't attract much attention at the World Cup, Newcastle still knows we want him badly.

Milo

There must be some research into the psychology of a transfer deal. How to approach it etc. When we talk about the sums involved ie one wrong step could be a £5m hike in price etc.

filham

Quote from: Holders on June 15, 2018, 10:54:50 AM
There's always Paypal.
Paypal may not have reached the North of England yet. But perhaps Scottish noes maybe the preferred currency at Newcastle , we shouldhave those at the ready.

Holders

We don't know if the club is in discussions yet. To put it simply, you don't go in and say that you've read in the press that they want £20m - so here it is. Either wait till it gets active or go in and offer say £15m. If they then come back and say "no, it's £20m" then the ball is rolling. But you don't go in with what we used to call Boulwarism.

Besides, everyone works in a different way and AM may know how to handle the particular personalities.

Bokonon

Did Mitro say he was waiting until after the World Cup to deal with this? Honestly it would be akin to malpractice by his agents to sign before it, imo.

I'm not sure why everyone is feeling like the delay is on the club's side? This, to me, is a cut-and-dried case of the player trying to maximize his value. And in this case I am okay, since he knows the system pretty well already.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

SuffolkWhite

Quote from: Bokonon on June 15, 2018, 01:20:53 PM
Did Mitro say he was waiting until after the World Cup to deal with this? Honestly it would be akin to malpractice by his agents to sign before it, imo.

I'm not sure why everyone is feeling like the delay is on the club's side? This, to me, is a cut-and-dried case of the player trying to maximize his value. And in this case I am okay, since he knows the system pretty well already.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Fair point,  0001.jpeg
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

WolverineFFC

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on June 14, 2018, 04:54:09 PM
Hurry up or he might be lining up against us first game,as Palace want him.

What was Woy's quote, "best target play he had seen all season" or something similar. Visions of a better version of Zamora I suspect.

alfie

Quote from: WolverineFFC on June 15, 2018, 02:05:19 PM
Quote from: Mince n Tatties on June 14, 2018, 04:54:09 PM
Hurry up or he might be lining up against us first game,as Palace want him.

What was Woy's quote, "best target play he had seen all season" or something similar. Visions of a better version of Zamora I suspect.
Why can't you just say Roy
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't