watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Old Sod's Army-My Summer made

Started by bog, June 26, 2018, 02:52:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bog

Just got me DVD of the play off final...say no more...... :clap_hands: :clap_hands: :clap_hands: :clap_hands: 049:gif 049:gif 049:gif 082.gif 082.gif 082.gif :beer: :beer: :beer: :wine: :wine: :wine: :54: :54: :54:

Fernhurst

Will cheer many a winters evening Captain.

Enjoy 😊
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

bog

Quote from: Fernhurst on June 26, 2018, 03:23:45 PM

Enjoy 😊

Wont it just Fernhurst. Made all these years worthwhile.   :003:

092.gif

Fernhurst

Quote from: bog on June 26, 2018, 03:47:58 PM

Enjoy 😊

092.gif

Not sure how many on here appreciate just how many disappointments The Old Sods have suffered.
That beautiful Saturday afternoon ranks as one of the best days of my life, so I'm sure the DVD will bring you many hours of pleasure. 

bog

Quote from: Fernhurst on June 26, 2018, 04:58:02 PM
Quote from: bog on June 26, 2018, 03:47:58 PM

Enjoy 😊

092.gif

Not sure how many on here appreciate just how many disappointments The Old Sods have suffered.
That beautiful Saturday afternoon ranks as one of the best days of my life, so I'm sure the DVD will bring you many hours of pleasure.

I am in total agreement. Before kick off I was talking to a few supporters of a similar age whilst milling about before KO and we all had the same feeling that it would not be our day, simply because we are used to that. Old sod's know it well. Every time I see a crowd now in the World Cup going mad I know what that feeling is like....and I will never forget it.  082.gif

092.gif 

SP

Enjoy!

I still get slightly anxious watching recordings of important matches when I know the result & we've won, very odd.

bog

Quote from: SP on June 26, 2018, 05:32:06 PM
Enjoy!

I still get slightly anxious watching recordings of important matches when I know the result & we've won, very odd.

We are not used to this are we SP. That moment at the final whistle I will never forget.

Fernhurst

Think I had something in my eye when the final whistle went.

SP

Quote from: bog on June 26, 2018, 06:49:52 PM
Enjoy!

We are not used to this are we SP. That moment at the final whistle I will never forget.

I'd love a decent quality 3 finals T-Shirt commemorating 1975, 2010 & 2018.

bog

Quote from: Fernhurst on June 26, 2018, 06:55:37 PM

Me likewise Fernhurst. Don't we love our club....

bog

Quote from: SP on June 26, 2018, 06:58:03 PM
Quote from: bog on June 26, 2018, 06:49:52 PM
Enjoy!

I'd love a decent quality 3 finals T-Shirt commemorating 1975, 2010 & 2018.

Would be nice, I made two of them.   092.gif

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: bog on June 26, 2018, 02:52:44 PM
Just got me DVD of the play off final...say no more...... :clap_hands: :clap_hands: :clap_hands: :clap_hands: 049:gif 049:gif 049:gif 082.gif 082.gif 082.gif :beer: :beer: :beer: :wine: :wine: :wine: :54: :54: :54:

👍👍👍

SG

Quote from: bog on June 26, 2018, 09:13:59 PM
Quote from: Fernhurst on June 26, 2018, 06:55:37 PM

Me likewise Fernhurst. Don't we love our club....

Still well up when I see pictures of that white wall - i'm in there somewhere going mad, proud as punch. 60 years of anguish, pain and disappointments washed away in seconds when that final whistle went

FulhamStu

I wonder how many of us made all 3 finals.  I did.   I also went through the relegation in 1968, had to then endure Allan Clarke being swapped for Frank Large, relegation the next season.  Before that I was at the game when George Cohen did his knee trying to up with Peter Thompson of Liverpool.

Other massive dissapointments saw us sell Malcolm McDonald who was our top goal scorer even though he only played a handful of games to Luton for peanuts, the list goes on and don't mention Derby away May 1983.

I think we have earned our day at Wembley May 2018, and what a wonderful day it was.  I am still not sure it really happened.

bog

Quote from: FulhamStu on June 27, 2018, 07:41:27 AM
I wonder how many of us made all 3 finals.  I did.   I also went through the relegation in 1968, had to then endure Allan Clarke being swapped for Frank Large, relegation the next season.  Before that I was at the game when George Cohen did his knee trying to up with Peter Thompson of Liverpool.

Other massive dissapointments saw us sell Malcolm McDonald who was our top goal scorer even though he only played a handful of games to Luton for peanuts, the list goes on and don't mention Derby away May 1983.

I think we have earned our day at Wembley May 2018, and what a wonderful day it was.  I am still not sure it really happened.

I went through all those Stu. And the '58, '62 and 02 semis and Marsh being sold and the Preston 0-1 that cost us the league....

092.gif

bigalffc

Quote from: bog on June 27, 2018, 08:21:05 AM

I went through all those Stu. And the '58, '62 and 02 semis and Marsh being sold and the Preston 0-1 that cost us the league....

092.gif
I too suffered these (apart from the 58 semi supporter at the time but only 7 and my Grandad took me to games) Had the most wonderful day at Wembley with my children and grandchildren,the tradition continues. Maybe there will be another amazing day for us yet to come?........... 049:gif
Instead of seeing the rug being pulled from under us we can learn to dance on a shifting carpet - Thomas Crum

bog

Quote from: bigalffc on June 27, 2018, 09:32:41 AM

092.gif
I too suffered these (apart from the 58 semi supporter at the time but only 7 and my Grandad took me to games) Had the most wonderful day at Wembley with my children and grandchildren,the tradition continues. Maybe there will be another amazing day for us yet to come?........... 049:gif

Have to own up to only seeing the '58 semi replay on TV aged 13....time off from school with a raging toothache....  :022:

FulhamStu

092.gif

I was at the Preston game Ricky bloody H !   But you got back further than me, my first game early 60's.

Fernhurst

And Preston Manager Alan Balls Dad who ran on to the pitch at full time in his pale grey suit and did a forward roll ....... aghhh I remember well but all obliterated by final whistle at Wembley.

Come on you Lillywhites  049:gif  049:gif  049:gif

SP

Interesting scanning the picture of the trophy presentation, it's certainly not difficult to spot the representatives from Villa.