watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Zoltan retires

Started by Barrett487, June 29, 2018, 11:23:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barrett487

Thanks for your service to the whites, especially on our Europa run! Enjoy your retirement  :wine:

He was only 39....... Barry Hayles will be smirking!

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2018/june/29/happy-retirement-zoltan-gera

bog

Quote from: Barrett487 on June 29, 2018, 11:23:20 AM
Thanks for your service to the whites, especially on our Europa run! Enjoy your retirement  :wine:

He was only 39....... Barry Hayles will be smirking!

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2018/june/29/happy-retirement-zoltan-gera

Will never forget Zoltan.  :54:

092.gif

St. Andrews White

Absolutely adored Zoltan, so crucial in our Europe season.

Frozen out under Hughes which I could never understand, was gutted when he left

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

The Intertoto might not exist anymore, but that doesn't matter. We'll still win it again.

the nutflush

One of my favourites.  What a champ.

aaronmcguigan

Who out of that team is still playing league football?
BH Riise, Hughes anyone else?

Maidstone Lee

Quote from: Newry FFC on June 29, 2018, 02:51:06 PM

Think Etuhu is still going, Stockdale, any others?
Stand up if you still believe!
@LeeWarner19

sunburywhite

One of my all time favourites

Enjoy putting your feet up Zoltan
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

Tabby

Quote from: Maidstone Lee on June 29, 2018, 02:53:38 PM

Think Etuhu is still going, Stockdale, any others?

Don't think Baird has retired yet.

MJG

Baird, Dempsey
Just the views of a long term fan

Twig

Great player who thrived on Eoropean competition. Quite why Hughes didn't fancy him was a mystery to me.

MrFFC

Loved Gera one of my favourites! Hugely underrated player
Come on you Whites!! :)

hovewhite

Thought he was brilliant for Fulham.
Enjoy retirement Zoltan.

HatterDon

Had it not been for the Europa League, he'd have left us with a "good riddance" for the vast majority of supporters. He was slammed on these pages more often than was Baird, but the competition turned him into a fan favorite. Just goes to show ya.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Twig

Quote from: HatterDon on June 30, 2018, 02:08:43 PM
Had it not been for the Europa League, he'd have left us with a "good riddance" for the vast majority of supporters. He was slammed on these pages more often than was Baird, but the competition turned him into a fan favorite. Just goes to show ya.

You are kidding me, right?

HatterDon

Quote from: Twig on June 30, 2018, 03:43:57 PM

Nope! I especially remember the English posters on here telling me that if I knew the game better I'd realize that Gera would never be a Premier League player, that he was rubbish. All that changed with the Europa League run.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Twig

Quote from: HatterDon on July 01, 2018, 03:45:04 AM
Quote from: Twig on June 30, 2018, 03:43:57 PM

Nope! I especially remember the English posters on here telling me that if I knew the game better I'd realize that Gera would never be a Premier League player, that he was rubbish. All that changed with the Europa League run.

He certainly had a great cup run but in my view had already established himself as an integral part of our midfield unit. His general attacking play and his assists had already marked him out as an important contributor. Oh well I guess some people always see things differently. Now you mention it I vaguely recall a few moaners criticising him.

WhiteJC

my favourite memory of Zolly...

cmg

Quote from: Twig on July 01, 2018, 09:31:19 AM

...Now you mention it I vaguely recall a few moaners criticising him.

What! In these columns? Surely not?

Impressive bloke, not only as a player for club and country but for turning his life around from a youth of hard drug use and proto-gangsterism.

SWSixer

What a fine player. I was blessed that my time living in SW6 coincided with this great team.  049:gif

MJG

One of my all time favourites and would make Fulham XI from the forty years of watching us.
I was so happy when we signed him as I'd liked him when he had payed elsewhere.
To start with he didn't do well, was a mistake to play him wide and we didn't see the best of him until injury to AJ allowed him to move forward.
His best games were clearly in Europe and one down side is how he ended his time at Fulham. Why Hughes kept ignoring him we will never know.

There were fans who didn't like him at first and in some ways it was justified as he did not do well, but as I say that soon changed once he moved.

All the best in the future Zoltan
Just the views of a long term fan