watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Old Sod's Army-Mark Halsey

Started by bog, June 29, 2018, 01:12:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bog

I see that former 'referee' Mark Halsey has admitting booking a player in a game after that player asked him to do so. Halsey even told him what to do and they colluded. The unnamed player did not want to miss a big derby in ten days time.... :031: Will we ever forget how he changed that penalty decision v Arsenal after their players got at him?

092.gif 

MikeTheCubed

Halsey also had the gall to write this within a Sun article following this past season's cup game between Man City and Wigan:

QuoteThe reaction of the Wigan players and management staff towards Taylor and fourth official Jeremy Simpson has influenced the decision-making.

Once Taylor has the yellow out — rightly or wrongly — he should have gone with his original call. It's a basic error.
https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/5621038/manchester-city-fabian-delph-red-mark-halsey/

Shame he could not himself practise what he preaches.

Bill2

Was the worst piece of reffing I have ever seen, not only did he reverse his decision to award us a stonewall penalty when Ashley Cole wiped out Andy Cole he also denied Collins John a perfectly good goal. I have to say when he got cancer i was a bit unchristian in my outlook, although I am glad he is better now.

nose returns

Halsey was and remains a morally negative disgrace. What he did at fulham was so appauling he deserved to be struck off. I heard him talk recently on talksport re the so called change of mind and coceded he was wrong. He allowed himself to be tpld by arsenal players and wenger to change his mind. And for whatever reason he did just that despite it clearly being a penalty
Arsenal and iregularity slip offthe tongue easilly, halsey has his conscience to answer to and he knows there was an irregularity of being reminded by wenger what decisions he was obliged to implement!

hovewhite

Refs should have balls and conviction and when they admit to being influenced by the bigger teams they should be charged with disrepute.

f321ffc

Quote from: bog on June 29, 2018, 01:12:13 PM
I see that former 'referee' Mark Halsey has admitting booking a player in a game after that player asked him to do so. Halsey even told him what to do and they colluded. The unnamed player did not want to miss a big derby in ten days time.... :031: Will we ever forget how he changed that penalty decision v Arsenal after their players got at him?

092.gif 

No never forget or forgive, cheating bar steward.
Growing old is mandatory
Growing up is optional

MikeTheCubed

Should add that Halsey was a self-confessed "massive" fan of QPR and having already refereed them a few times, eventually admitted his support of them and that he no longer wished to referee them, for which he was praised for showing "integrity". Shame he didn't have the integrity to not wish to referee QPR's local rivals.

Westlondonffc

That game v Arsenal was the worst display by the ref I can remember at the Cottage. It was nothing short of disgraceful. It transpired later that he was a QPR **** so quelle surprise. We could have ended Arsenal's unbeaten run.

Worse was the very next game at West Brom, they got a pen so all our players surround the ref in the hope of him changing his mind...and we got in trouble for it

Arthur

Quote from: nose returns on July 01, 2018, 06:21:07 PM
Halsey was and remains a morally negative disgrace. What he did at fulham was so appauling he deserved to be struck off. I heard him talk recently on talksport re the so called change of mind and coceded he was wrong. He allowed himself to be tpld by arsenal players and wenger to change his mind. And for whatever reason he did just that despite it clearly being a penalty

Whatever one thinks about the circumstances in which the eventual decision was reached, it wasn't a penalty. Unedifying as it may have been to see, I would still rather the referee arrived at the correct call than allowed an incorrect call to stand because he felt that he couldn't change his mind.

Ruling out the header from Collins John soon after however: that was as poor as they come.

The Enclosurite

Quote from: bog on June 29, 2018, 01:12:13 PM

092.gif 

Was the 'invincibles' season too if I recall correctly.
¡COYW!

Westlondonffc

Quote from: Arthur on July 01, 2018, 07:12:26 PM

Whatever one thinks about the circumstances in which the eventual decision was reached, it wasn't a penalty. Unedifying as it may have been to see, I would still rather the referee arrived at the correct call than allowed an incorrect call to stand because he felt that he couldn't change his mind.

Ruling out the header from Collins John soon after however: that was as poor as they come.

It was definitley a penalty. Ashley Cole kicked Andy Cole in the area and brought him down...penalty

bog

Halsey always struck me he liked to be all matey with the so called top players. Twit.

092.gif

nose returns

Quote from: Arthur on July 01, 2018, 07:12:26 PM

It was 100% a penalty, even halsey conceded on the radio he was swayed by the arsenal players and manager. If you watch it again from any angle, cole takes out cole, it was a disgraceful change of mind bringing the WRONG descision.  He changed from right to wrong. Ridiculous.

nose returns

And...
It was so dreadful to see officials cheating on behalf of a big team, and wenger on tv later lying through his teeth saying it was the correct descision, showing no integrity or moral compass... because of that my wife refused to go to any games for over a year because why bother when referees cheat, wenger is allowed to lie ithout being brought to task... mr i didn't see it  with a brutal back four that in consecutive games anhialated steed and saha in a cynical and systematic manner. Mr wenger who everyone now laments bunever saw any of his players do anything wrong, and he had keown, vierra and laurent, all viscious thugs.

It was a penalty alright mr i didnt see it should have said the ref was in error, but unfortunately it was outside his integrity to be honest, i loathe the man wenger and the ex ref halsey equally as much as each other.

FFChris

Do I remember him being in charge against Arsenal at the Loftadrome?
Sol Campbell twice bought down LBM in the box and he gave neither and then there was another appeal turned down before Henry scored and we lost 1-0.  Later that evening on MoTD Alan Hansen said that Campbell should have been arrested for assault for one of the challenges.  He also said that 2 were definite penalties and the other was 50/50.

filham

Quote from: MikeTheCubed on June 29, 2018, 02:03:14 PM
Halsey also had the gall to write this within a Sun article following this past season's cup game between Man City and Wigan:

QuoteThe reaction of the Wigan players and management staff towards Taylor and fourth official Jeremy Simpson has influenced the decision-making.

Once Taylor has the yellow out — rightly or wrongly — he should have gone with his original call. It's a basic error.
https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/5621038/manchester-city-fabian-delph-red-mark-halsey/

Shame he could not himself practise what he preaches.
Yes ,Halsey and Arsenal together made VAR obsolete before it was even thought of.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: nose returns on July 01, 2018, 10:15:56 PM
And...
It was so dreadful to see officials cheating on behalf of a big team, and wenger on tv later lying through his teeth saying it was the correct descision, showing no integrity or moral compass... because of that my wife refused to go to any games for over a year because why bother when referees cheat, wenger is allowed to lie ithout being brought to task... mr i didn't see it  with a brutal back four that in consecutive games anhialated steed and saha in a cynical and systematic manner. Mr wenger who everyone now laments bunever saw any of his players do anything wrong, and he had keown, vierra and laurent, all viscious thugs.

It was a penalty alright mr i didnt see it should have said the ref was in error, but unfortunately it was outside his integrity to be honest, i loathe the man wenger and the ex ref halsey equally as much as each other.

Never feed a shark by hand.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.