News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

What would you change about the match day?

Started by Milo, June 30, 2018, 10:38:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milo

This thread is for blue sky thinking!

I would like to know what everyone would like to change about the match day experience.

What sort of things do you do on your match days (or indeed in your other spare time) away from the ground because the club do not offer it? What would you incorporate into the ground, Bishops Park, Stevenage Road, the river, Craven Cottage itself etc etc to have all that under "one roof" on the big day?

Let me give you what I would like to see and you can get the idea:

~~~~~~~~~~

1. I would like Fulham Membership to include access to a Members Only bar on match days that is open for two hours before and after the match. This would raise membership prices to ~£150 but include:

- Members Only bar serves a range of local cask real ales and ciders
- Reduced prices to evening "masterclass" workshops held in the Members Only bar by members of the coaching team from the PL2 and first team discussing their job and the tactics deployed. Almost like talks and workshops that art galleries and museums have. The topics can even stretch to things like the Club Historian on a range of topics etc etc.
- Access to PL2 games, written regular magazine etc etc

2. Bring a food market into Bishops Park on Saturday on the old training ground part next to the Putney End. Encourage away fans to use the ground before and after the game!

This would have:

- 5-6 or more stalls of different local street food alongside a craft beer stall.
- Park benches to sit at and large picnic towels and recliners to borrow when the weather is sunny.

~~~~~~~~~~

So hopefully you get the idea. Remember, blue sky thinking!

You might want to include:

- Hobbies and interests
- Food and drink
- Travel
- And more!

Pour a cup of coffee and get your creative juices flowing!

Holders

Blue sky thinking, rather than reality?

Ok, then: easy nearby parking and far less traffic on Fulham Palace Road, Putney Bridge and High Street. Or, even just a tube station nearby with decent connections to main line termini. 
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

SP

I like the German match day setup, beer, music & food.  All under one large dome tent in Bishop's Park please.

Milo

Quote from: Holders on June 30, 2018, 10:52:11 AM
Blue sky thinking, rather than reality?

Ok, then: easy nearby parking and far less traffic on Fulham Palace Road, Putney Bridge and High Street. Or, even just a tube station nearby with decent connections to main line termini. 

Okay, a reasonable degree of reality! I just don't want people to hold back because they think we wouldn't be able to afford something or that there wouldn't be enough interest etc.

I was unsure about placing travel on that list because the club has little or no influence on tube stations etc. So ideally any suggestions would try to bridge the idea with reality to some extent - eg is there a local brownfield site you have walked past that the club could buy and convert into a club car park?

FulhamStu

Main thing for me would be to massively improve the facilities at the Hammersmith end, which would involve design and building of a new stand.  To incl members bar, room to move and get a drink/food.  Toilets you can get to at halftime without a massive que and safe standing in the best place to improve atmosphere.  Spliit the stand to have standing at the front and seating behind, rather in the old enclosure, this would massively improve atmosphere and allow our fans to be heard on the tv.  At the moment all you generally hear is away fans because our singers are at the back and the sound gets lost.

Mince n Tatties

Stop Idiots sat either side of me spending half the game looking at their mobile phones to see if one of their so called facebook friends that they've never met has left a message.😵😵😵😵😡😡😴

MJG

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on June 30, 2018, 11:49:22 AM
Stop Idiots sat either side of me spending half the game looking at their mobile phones to see if one of their so called facebook friends that they've never met has left a message.😵😵😵😵😡😡😴
I get loads of requests to ask for high speed free WiFi in the ground.
Just the views of a long term fan

WokinghamWhite

Can we get the lights in Bishop's Park to work reliably in winter and for evening kick-offs?

Holders

Leave the gates into and out of BP open after evening games so we don't need to climb over or walk around.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

Milo

Already some brilliant stuff. Hope the powers at be are keeping track!

bill taylors apprentice

I like the idea of creating a temporary food & drink village in the park behind the Putney end as long as it provides decent fare at decent prices.
The club would need to show that there was something in it for the local residents and the council.
It could be the precursor to a more permanent arrangement where the club gain access from the park into the ground and develop that area with links to the riverside in return for paying for upgrades elsewhere in the park.
Having a food and drink village in the park would affect the inside the ground caterers.

Deeping_white

Instant 5 match ban for fans who scream "FORWARD" or something of that ilk after we've passed it round the defence or midfield for about 10 seconds in the middle of the pitch.

DeuceBigelow

Give those serving food and drink the facilities that they need, including training on customer service e.g.
- made the error of going for a burger mid-half, there were NINE people working on the Riverside burger bar and just one customer, me. Firstly the were all reluctant to serve me, then when I ordered a two burgers they all looked at each other, one took my money and then nothing happened. I had to then ask for the burgers I'd paid for, whilst they still all looked at each other until, finally, one went and made the burgers and begrudgedly handed them over. It was like I'd asked a group of hooligans under an underpass for their last cigerette! That said burger was tasty, but as ever, luke warm.
- the mobile sellers in Riverside never have sufficient money handling strategies- no box/till/bag, handling food and cash with the same gloved/ungloved hand. They don't know the price of anything and even if they do, are unable to add it up mentally. Poor attire in wet and cold weather. No wonder that they share the 'couldn't care less' attitude.
- sometimes smokers are challenged in Riverside outside, other times ignored, can there be a smoking section of the outside area?
- those in block V having hospitality always come out late for the second half and disrupt the view/game for others.
-If you are going to search people on their way in and use sniffer dogs, then do it properly. I get searched almost each game on Riverside, it's a pathetic effort. I assume the dogs are nose-blind as they don't seem to catch the smoke bombs in the away end on their way in.
- can more be made of the grass at the end of BP right next to the stadium? Beer tents, food stalls, merch etc?
Riverside Block W

Weybridge White

Why when leaving the ground do I have to walk three sides of a square only to arrive at the entrance to the park just as the away fans are streaming out of the Putney End.  Surely home supporters could be let out the nearest exit and the away fans kept in for 10 minutes.

Carborundum

Quote from: Deeping_white on June 30, 2018, 12:40:38 PM
Instant 5 match ban for fans who scream "FORWARD" or something of that ilk after we've passed it round the defence or midfield for about 10 seconds in the middle of the pitch.
Large gaps appearing in the JH stand if this one gets the nod

Maldon white

bobbo

Not fussed about much change other than the too loud objectionable music played on the lead up to kick off. We often don't see our little gangs of buddies who sit close to us only on match days, and the we're unable to exchange views and have a chat due you can't hear each other.
1975 just leaving home full of hope

sunburywhite

Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

Twig

I love the traditions of our club so would't want to do anything that erodes them.  So for me it should about enhancing this traditional experience.
From a practical perspective; more interesting choice of food (too much emphasis on burgers and dogs), much better coffee selection, improve the skanky toilet facilities at the Hammy end, a programme seller on the river walk from Hammersmith to the ground.

aaronmcguigan

In the last year, I went to matches at Roma, Real Madrid, Barcelona, Inter Milan; and Dundalk.

In every match, I was able to buy tickets , have the barcode on my phone and gain access through scanning a barcode on my phone. This varies from an email link to a QR code in Apple wallet. Just for ease of access , it's far handier to have it available on phones or email as opposed to physical tickets. Maybe this is available and I don't know

Furthermore, as a tourist( not exactly but I'm from Ireland) coming into London, and specifically West London, I see no mention of Fulham. getting out at Putney Bridge, as a one time traveller, the only mention of Fulham I saw from there to the ground was at the golden lion saying Fulham fans not welcome unless a season ticket holder. Had to use google maps to find the stadium or follow the crowd.

What I'm getting at is maybe the club to work on fan experience other than just season ticket holders who do the usual. Different events around the borough, places clearly signposted, activities at local tube stations, bars (plural ) dedicated to the floating fans, not just the regulars.0

Maybe the club do provide what I've described, but I've been a number of times, and excluding the Wembley trip where everything was accessible, advertised, promoted and directed , I've always felt a bit lost unless I've physically asked for directions, help or support.

Like I've said it's one fans perspective so maybe I'm not a good tourist! Anyone who wants to be a tour guide in August let me know!