watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR - Stoke trying the Villa option

Started by Roberty, July 05, 2018, 10:50:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roberty

Stoke seem to want to follow in Villa's footsteps by paying unrealistic salaries and fees in an effort to win promotion to the PL

BUTLAND OFFERED STOKE PAY RISE
Jack Butland will be offered a staggering £20,000-per-week pay rise to fend off interest from Chelsea, reports the Sun.
The Blues could be looking to sign a new 'keeper with doubts persisting over first-choice Thibaut Courtois.

I doubt that most goal keepers earn £20,000 per week in the Championship and this has the potential to end in tears
It could be better but it's real life and not a fantasy

aaronmcguigan

Villa kept the high earners and supplemented with has beens from the premier league.

At least Jack Butland is Guaranteed to net you a big sum of ever he leaves, or if he was to stay, he'd be the top keeper in that league. Also they've managed to get rid of big wages and liabilities like Ireland, Sobhi and glen Johnson. And the one guy they've signed was a star for Nigeria in the world Cup at only 22, and they still have Shaqiri out there increasing his value.
I've definitely seen worse reactions to being relegated.

VicHalomsLovechild

If I was Stoke I would of kept quite about that.

Horsfield_No9

They also want to pay Matt Ritchie 4m a year in wages to step down and join them.

Recipe for disaster.
First game: Fulham 4 Burnley 0, December 12th 1998.

Bassey the warrior

To be fair, they're prob buying better now than when they were in Premier League. Hughes ruined them really. I'd be sad if he ruins Southampton too, but I don't think he gets to choose the players to sign there, use European model.

Milo

£20,000 pay RISE and not total of £20,000 a week so god knows what he will be on

Tabby

Quote from: Milo on July 05, 2018, 01:23:42 PM
£20,000 pay RISE and not total of £20,000 a week so god knows what he will be on

Total weekly wage would be £70,000 as he was on £50,000.

Marcel_Gecov

He gives up a season in the prem at a time when the England No1 jersey is up for grabs. Should take more than 20k a week to give up that chance IMO.

love4ffc

Teams are going to become desperate to get back to the Premier League.  Thing is, I personally put the Championship up there as one of the top leagues in the world.  Much more competitive then the PL.  I would still be proud of Fulham if they were in the Championship and I think other fans should do the same for their clubs. 
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

gang

If it is a choice between Chelsea and Stoke it should be a no brainer to a top class goalkeeper looking to play for his country.