https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Tim Ream signs new 2 year contract

Started by Friendsoffulham, July 06, 2018, 07:00:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Friendsoffulham

Ream's New Deal
Friday 6 July 2018

The Club is delighted to confirm that Tim Ream has agreed a new two-year deal with Fulham.

Our Player of the Season has signed a new contract which keeps him at Craven Cottage until the summer of 2020, with an option to extend by a further year.

It follows the news that Captain Tom Cairney has committed his long-term future to the Club.

Ream joined the Whites a few games into the 2015/16 campaign, but it was the following year that the Fulham Faithful began to see the best of him.

Before long he had become an integral part of Slaviša Jokanović's starting XI, with his composure and accuracy on the ball a key component of how our Head Coach likes to play.

He improved even further in 2017/18, winning Man of the Match on six occasions – the joint most alongside Kevin McDonald and Ryan Sessegnon – and ended up being comfortably voted Player of the Season by the fans.

Ream delivered a typically assured performance in the Championship Play-Off Final in May to help secure our return to the Premier League, where he played for Bolton Wanderers back in 2012.

Speaking to fulhamfc.com moments after signing, Ream said: "I wanted to sort it out fairly quickly. It gives you the freedom and the licence to go out and focus on the football, so it's just nice to have it done.

"The goal all along was to be in the Premier League, and now to have the opportunity to play there with this group of guys is something that I think we're all looking forward to, not just myself, and hopefully we can make it special this year."

Tony Khan added: "I'm thrilled to announce that Fulham Football Club has agreed to a contract extension with Tim Ream.

"Since his arrival, Tim has set unparalleled standards for professionalism and dedication, and because of his contributions to our success in the past year he was voted our Player of the Season.

"It's therefore only fitting that Tim will continue his career at Craven Cottage, where his love affair with the Fulham faithful and their exuberant chants of "REAM!" shall continue."

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2018/july/06/tim-ream-new-deal

Southcoastffc

The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

Barrett487

Marcel_Gecov

Quote from: Barrett487 on July 06, 2018, 07:14:10 PM
Shame it's only 2 years... but yay!

Due to age I'd expect. He'd be 32/33/34 when it finaines( I have no idea how old he is)

love4ffc

Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

hovewhite

Great to now have reeem on a new contract.

wheelerdeeler

Quote from: Barrett487 on July 06, 2018, 07:14:10 PM
Shame it's only 2 years... but yay!

2 years with the option of a 3rd is about right considering his age.

Jonaldiniho 88

Great news. Guy is a Fulham legend if he never kicked a ball for us again. That's my view anyway. Looking forward to seeing him in the prem. He comes across as a confidence player, and although he went from unfancied to loved he has earnt our patience and support in the forthcoming season where we undoubtedly get torn a new one now and again. RRRREEEEAAAMMMM

HV71

Reeeaaaammmm!!!! Brilliant news  top top player - great bloke - all v good !!!

Mince n Tatties

👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍

Bassey the warrior

Fantastic news! Here's a player actually improving as he reaches 30. Ready made for the Premier League.

cottage expat

Excellent news. After a shaky start (and being criticized by many fans) he has developed into a first rate player. Great that he'll form the backbone of our back line.

MrFFC

Brilliant news he deserved player of the year last season let's hope the club have a quality CB partner for him lined up for Palace game
Come on you Whites!! :)

filham

Good news , player of the season and one who has lived through a period when our back four went from leaky to solid.

General

I appreciate he was a complete rock for us last season but don't think he'll be any good for us in the premiership. Disagree he's a legend too. He had one good season... where we were in the Championship.. we didn't even go straight up.

Think cairney signing a new contract makes sense.. he was clearly a cut above in the Championship but ream.. realistically we should be signing better.. feel like this is displacement and we should've focused on signing more players instead of resigning ones we have. Currently we're woefully short in premiership quality.. and have lost both our two starting full backs from last season, our main striker above nd look weak across the pitch in general. Need to up our game now in regards to transfers and quick now.

love4ffc

Ream was a rock last season in the back.  Should he be rewarded for helping FFC getting back to the Prem?  In my opinion Yes, because that is the decent thing to do. 

Ream has improved his game over the last two to three years.  Is he Prem quality?  Maybe, maybe night.  Guess we'll find out....and while he is proving whether or not he's good enough I'll be supporting him and the rest of the team. 

COYW! 
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

HatterDon

As a fellow Yank, I'm glad he got a new contract. Having said that, I don't see him playing a lot next season. He's got skills and discipline, but he doesn't have pace. He's an above average Championship player with a footballer's brain and the heart of a lion ... but he doesn't have pace.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

alfie

Wow, we really know how to put a player down
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

WolverineFFC

Quote from: Statto on July 07, 2018, 09:41:08 AM
Ream is currently our best CB so For him not to play regularly next season we need to sign two top quality CBs this window, which seems highly unlikely at our current rate of transfers (-1 per month) . Even then, would we really throw two new players in such a key position, with no experience of each other or our playing style and probably, no preseason?

No doubt. Seems odd so to question the decision. The club need 18 in the match day squad. Ream isn't going to be good enough to find a place there? Plus cannot see the club playing all of next season with an entirely new back 4. Ream is the last of the back 4 which would be turned over.

Jimsbeerbelly

Quote from: alfie on July 07, 2018, 07:45:54 AM
Wow, we really know how to put a player down

No disrespect to you Alfie, but this, I can't stand, jumping on posters about negativity, as soon as they post something.

Where are people putting the player down?

All they are doing, is having a realistic opinion about the player, and, are most likley right.

Love Tim, Love what he did last season, but he will most likley be bit-player in the Premiership.